+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Do Good Store (Boardwalk)

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The Do Good Store (Boardwalk)

Picked up a nice longsleave shirt that reads: love God. love people. love the dawgs.

in blue with red lettering. Only $20. Proceeds of sales at the store go to support Third World folks.

They also have shirts for NSU, Grambling and LSpoo.

They have other products, of course.

Not to be overly critical, or anything, but I was chatting with one of the store managers who said he was looking forward to a mission trip to help some of these Third World folks. Said, I prefer not to go to Africa, I want to go to Ethiopia. (No, I didn't correct him...)

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: The Do Good Store (Boardwalk)

The Do Good Store was created by the Simple Church in Bossier City in early November. I've been a member of that church since I moved to Bossier City in 2007. It's a really great church.

While a majority of the people that attend the church are LSU fans (the church is based in Shreveport and Bossier), there is a healthy dose of Louisiana Tech grads and fans who attend as well. About 5,000 people attend the church each Sunday at the Shreveport Convention Center and a satellite campus at the Boardwalk movie theater (video-only, no llive message or band).

All of the proceeds go to families in Mexico, Africa, coffee growers in Rwanda, and I think some local groups in S/BC like Habitat for Humanity and the Hub Ministry benefit from some of the products as well.

Here is the link to their Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/Dogoodproject.tv

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Picked up a nice longsleave shirt that reads: love God. love people. love the dawgs.

in blue with red lettering. Only $20. Proceeds of sales at the store go to support Third World folks.

They also have shirts for NSU, Grambling and LSpoo.

They have other products, of course.

Not to be overly critical, or anything, but I was chatting with one of the store managers who said he was looking forward to a mission trip to help some of these Third World folks. Said, I prefer not to go to Africa, I want to go to Ethiopia. (No, I didn't correct him...)
    Well being one of the store managers and even knowing about a country named Ethiopia rules out him being a NLU student or grad. Hum....maybe from Dillard in New Orleans or a a BPCC guy.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    The Do Good Store was created by the Simple Church in Bossier City in early November. I've been a member of that church since I moved to Bossier City in 2007. It's a really great church.

While a majority of the people that attend the church are LSU fans (the church is based in Shreveport and Bossier), there is a healthy dose of Louisiana Tech grads and fans who attend as well. About 5,000 people attend the church each Sunday at the Shreveport Convention Center and a satellite campus at the Boardwalk movie theater (video-only, no llive message or band).

All of the proceeds go to families in Mexico, Africa, coffee growers in Rwanda, and I think some local groups in S/BC like Habitat for Humanity and the Hub Ministry benefit from some of the products as well.

Here is the link to their Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/Dogoodproject.tv
    Cool! Keep up the good work(s).

+ Reply to Thread