+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyser's blocks

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Kyser's blocks

Kyzer passed the 100 block mark Monday night in the 14th game of his Sophomore season. He is in the top 10 nationally in shot block average.

He set the TECH Freshman record last year with 60, with limited playing time. He is 13 away from setting the Sophomore record.

Here are the career records for TECH.

1. Willie Simmons, 1981-1985 ............................ 268
    2. P.J. Brown, 1988-1992.................................... 241
    3. Paul Milsap, 2003-2006 .................................. 183
    4. Michale Kyser, 2011-2013 ............................ 124
    5. Magnum Rolle, 2008-2010 .............................. 123
    6. Kendrick Spuell, 1998-2000 ...............................70
    7. Randy White, 1985-1989 ...................................66
    8. Antonio Meeking, 1999-2003 ..............................63
    9. Karl Malone, 1982-1985 ....................................59
    10.Louis Cook, 1985-1987 .....................................51

Although this is an obscure stat to some, it is amazing how often Kyzer changes a game by blocking a shot, or intimidating a shooter.
    That is one of the great things about basketball. There are so many ways a player can impact the game besides scoring.
    Mike has a unique talent that contributes greatly to the success of our team.
    Last edited by skilldawg; 01-11-2015 at 05:16 PM.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Kyzer's blocks

I think if we looked at the correlation of blocks per minute, the stat would be even more telling. Kyser hasn't played a whole lot of minutes in his young career.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I think if we looked at the correlation of blocks per minute, the stat would be even more telling. Kyser hasn't played a whole lot of minutes in his young career.
    I know that his blocks per 40 minute average is over 5.

The thing that intrigues me about his numbers is that he has a legitimate chance to set a school career record. The current block record has stood for 28 years now. Points and Rebounds (both Mike Green) were set 40 years ago. Assists goes back 27 years (Wayne Smith). The most recent major career record belongs to Gerrod Henderson for Steals set 11 years ago.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    Although this is an obscure stat to some, it is amazing how often Kyzer changes a game by blocking a shot, or intimidating a shooter.
    That is one of the great things about basketball. There are so many ways a player can impact the game besides scoring.
    Mike has a unique talent that contributes greatly to the success of our team.
    In addition, Mike also contributes a lot to our full court pressure with his speed, mobility, and length. He's truly a special player.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Simmons blocked 268! Wow!
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    In addition, Mike also contributes a lot to our full court pressure with his speed, mobility, and length. He's truly a special player.
    One of my favorite things to watch for is when they put Mike on the inbound pass in the full-court press. It is amazing how often that we get a turn-over out of that set.
    If we get the double team with Mike and Speedy, something good almost always happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Simmons blocked 268! Wow!
    Smoking Willie controlled the paint. I am starting to feel old. I saw every one of those guys play their entire career.

Big Dog SkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the rough

Smoking Willie controlled the paint. I am starting to feel old. I saw every one of those guys play their entire career.
    Starting? Hell you are old, almost as old as me!

Kyzer added the Sophomore block record (previously held by Willie Simmons and Paul Milsap) to his Freshman record tonight. The old record was 55; he now has 56 on the season.
    Updated career totals are as follows.

4. Magnum Rolle, 2008-2010 .............................. 123
    5. Michale Kyzer, 2011-2013 ............................ 116

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

I like Kyser, just wish he could actually score some points

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

I'm amazed that Mike Green doesn't have that record. I guess he didn't block that many. But I do remember him blocking quite a few and even just taking them out of the air for a turnover. Anyway, Kyser looked good tonight despite the refs and had some nice blocks.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    I like Kyser, just wish he could actually score some points
    I remember PJ not scoring much his first couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    I'm amazed that Mike Green doesn't have that record. I guess he didn't block that many. But I do remember him blocking quite a few and even just taking them out of the air for a turnover. Anyway, Kyser looked good tonight despite the refs and had some nice blocks.
    Good catch. Green likely would have the record, but I don't think it became an official stat until the late 70's.

Kyzer now 4th all-time. Pretty good climb to 3, but he is well on pace to get the career record.

4. Michale Kyzer, 2011-2013 ............................ 135
    5. Magnum Rolle, 2008-2010 .............................. 123
    Last edited by skilldawg; 02-21-2013 at 10:20 AM.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

I know that his blocks per 40 minute average is over 5.

The thing that intrigues me about his numbers is that he has a legitimate chance to set a school career record. The current block record has stood for 28 years now. Points and Rebounds (both Mike Green) were set 40 years ago. Assists goes back 27 years (Wayne Smith). The most recent major career record belongs to Gerrod Henderson for Steals set 11 years ago.
    How is Speedy looking on the steals list?

+ Reply to Thread