+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What School would you want to see join CUSA if we need to fill holes?

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Re: What School would you want to see join CUSA if we need to fill holes?

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I believe we have NO choice but to play some politics and team up with Houston, SMU, Tulsa, Southern Miss, and even ECU.

That would be great if it were to happen, but I have seen no evidence at all that any of those schools have any desire at all to team with us. Believe me, I think with the right leadership, the sky is the limit for Tech. Hopefully Dr. Guice is that leadership, but we do not know that yet. At this point it is every school for itself. If that means teaming with your worst enemy then go for it, if it means throwing your best friend under the bus - do it in a nanosecond. I have seen zilch loyalty over the past 3-4 years when is comes to realignment.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    That would be great if it were to happen, but I have seen no evidence at all that any of those schools have any desire at all to team with us. Believe me, I think with the right leadership, the sky is the limit for Tech. Hopefully Dr. Guice is that leadership, but we do not know that yet. At this point it is every school for itself. If that means teaming with your worst enemy then go for it, if it means throwing your best friend under the bus - do it in a nanosecond. I have seen zilch loyalty over the past 3-4 years when is comes to realignment.
    I agree, but that is why we need to go all out and pay for a big time consultant - political with power. That is the only way to get this done.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

No non-aq (or whatever you want to call aq vs. non-aq now) conference is a solid landing point. Some are better than others, though. In order, I would say that CUSA is better than the belt, but not as good as MWC. It is a shame that MWC and CUSA were close to equal footing just a few months ago - even talk of merging and/or collaboration. Now, MWC is much further ahead. My apologies to Paralex, but I blame Houston and SMU for going to a conference that was CLEARLY unstable and falling apart with aq status soon to be a thing of the past with the playoff sytem. The BE was not going to get a auto play-off spot and there was already a big split growing with the bball schools there. When they left CUSA for that, it left CUSA in a bind for NO reason. The tv deal and bowl tie-ins would have been better in the old CUSA than the new Big East. If they would come back, it would still be better in CUSA.

Problem is now N. Texas for SMU and Houston. They don't want to be in the conference with them. I get it, but is that worse than being in a conference on the East Coast as a Southern school? Maybe it is...... Similar to us and the WAC to get away from the ULX's.

Now, we are faced with some serious issues. Do we sit back and be happy that we are in the conference still known by, but formerly CUSA? Do we try for the Big East and risk it falling apart more?

I believe we have NO choice but to play some politics and team up with Houston, SMU, Tulsa, Southern Miss, and even ECU. I am not joking when I say that we form a new conference and be the LEADER for once. Call an Airport meeting! Invite 11 programs that are having choices to make right now - including the ones above and several more (Tulane, etc..). Forget the aq in the NCAA bball tournament. It is not that big of a deal to miss out on that for a couple of years. Several will qualify, anyway, most likely.

If we would stop chasing and strart leading and pulling people together, we might could solve a lot of the problems we face together with some other programs. Leave the Commish's out of the meeting until we figure out the direction we want to go. Take charge of our own destiny. AND, for those that think we don't have that power, you are living in a shell. We DO have power, but have chosen to act like victims. That goes for our fans and our administration.

First, LG needs to head this up. Get every big doner and big name we have to play the politics with us. LG needs to get Karl and Terry on our side and hire an AD that is POWERFUL. No more playing around. Like it or not, we need an AD with a Dooley personality, but with more political clout. FOR ONCE, pay what we need to pay to hire an AD. Get the donors to help with the cost of even a 3 year contract for a high paid consult instead of a full time permanent one, if needed. The consulting AD needs to have strings and be someone that people respect and will follow - connections!

Work WITH ESPN and Fox Sports to see which one is going to pull the money from the Big East and CUSA and give it to this conference that is new and stable - one with market AND stability.

I am tired of having all this potential and constantly seeing us trying to climb the wall to the deep end of the pool and falling. JUMP OFF THE HIGH DIVING BOARD!

Bongdog and I want a toke or two of whatever you are smoking...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Bongdog and I want a toke or two of whatever you are smoking...
    Scary thing is that I do with all without a bong....... It's all me....... LOL Seriously, we have got to take action and, if we are not going to try to take the lead and hire a person that can do it, we don't have a chance at getting what we want.

Basically, we need to have someone leading this without a victim's mentality. That is what we have been for too long......
    Last edited by champion110; 01-14-2013 at 07:25 AM.

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

I agree, but that is why we need to go all out and pay for a big time consultant - political with power. That is the only way to get this done.
    Actually that is just one piece of the puzzle and an important one. Right now I believe it would be action without substance to send a consultant out to get in peoples faces for Big East Membership. Theres just too much distance right now. It would appear desperate and damage the relationships that we have. We've got to get our house in order with fundraising, facilities and competetiveness. If we have a good product that fits with them they'll find us, market notwithstanding. All JMHO.

We do need to get on with the process though and decide where we are headed.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Scary thing is that I do with all without a bong....... It's all me....... LOL Seriously, we have got to take action and, if we are not going to try to take the lead and hire a person that can do it, we don't have a chance at getting what we want.

Basically, we need to have someone leading this without a victim's mentality. That is what we have been for too long......
    I'm still wondering why TSpoon never replaced/hired the opening on her staff for an X&O type coach. This team can't afford to be down 1 coach again all year. And why hasn't she asked for Leon's help for at least the "love of TECH and the Techsters" for goodness sakes!!!!! This whole thing is mind boggling.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I also like the part about getting a highly qualified and aggressive AD.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Quote Originally Posted by JAMROB View Post
    Actually that is just one piece of the puzzle and an important one. Right now I believe it would be action without substance to send a consultant out to get in peoples faces for Big East Membership. Theres just too much distance right now. It would appear desperate and damage the relationships that we have. We've got to get our house in order with fundraising, facilities and competetiveness. If we have a good product that fits with them they'll find us, market notwithstanding. All JMHO.

We do need to get on with the process though and decide where we are headed.
    I agree about getting our house in order. That can be done at the same time. As for the AD Consultant, I am talking about someone very politically astute that carries some weight - not a "in your face" type person. We need action and it needs to be now........

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I'm still wondering why TSpoon never replaced/hired the opening on her staff for an X&O type coach. This team can't afford to be down 1 coach again all year. And why hasn't she asked for Leon's help for at least the "love of TECH and the Techsters" for goodness sakes!!!!! This whole thing is mind boggling.
    I agree.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I also like the part about getting a highly qualified and aggressive AD.
    Even if we can't afford a full time AD like that, we could certainly afford to pay a big time consultant for the role temporarily.

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

I agree about getting our house in order. That can be done at the same time. As for the AD Consultant, I am talking about someone very politically astute that carries some weight - not a "in your face" type person. We need action and it needs to be now........
    I meant merely to get in front of unsolicited. I did not mean for the person to get in peoples faces.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAMROB View Post
    I meant merely to get in front
    twss

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Found this map on the C-USA message board:

+ Reply to Thread