+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boring bowl season

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Re: Boring bowl season

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I think Texas A&M should finish the 2012 season ranked #2 or #3 in the country.

First of all, the Aggies spanked OU tonight 40-13. That's 10 points worse than Notre Dame beat the Sooners. Secondly, the Aggies have already beaten Alabama too. I know Oregon is good...but these Aggies are playing GREAT football right now.

So, the winner of the NC game will obviously finish #1, but I think the Aggies could easily slip into the #3 spot with an outside shot at #2. Man, I wish we had a playoff. I believe the Aggies are playing well enough to win a NC playoff tournament.

HD
    They are tough. Even if they're killing the other team, they are fun to watch! They've improved significantly since we played them. Don't think they lose to anybody in the SEC if they play like they did last night!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Several "experts" picked aTm to win it all in a projected 16-team playoff. All speculation, of course, but in a true playoff aTm, IMO, would have been a major contender. A tough out for sure.

Bottom line for Tech, we lost to three Top 25 teams in very competitive games. With a "mediocre" defense, we would have finished 13-0 and Orange Bowl champs.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Several "experts" picked aTm to win it all in a projected 16-team playoff. All speculation, of course, but in a true playoff aTm, IMO, would have been a major contender. A tough out for sure.

Bottom line for Tech, we lost to three Top 25 teams in very competitive games. With a "mediocre" defense, we would have finished 13-0 and Orange Bowl champs.
    Yep!

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Interesting to think what our situation would be if Manziel had ended up at Tech. I dare say we win 12, possibly 13 even with our D this year. Would he have won the Heisman for a non-AQ?

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Johnny = Fran Tarkenton on steriods (or maybe speed).

Big Dog TXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the rough TXDAWG81's Avatar

Georgia? That would be the same Georgia that LOST to Alabama? The same Alabama team that TX A&M bitch slapped?

It's not a Texas bias. I have no problem giving non-Texas teams their props. But I watched TX A&M roast OU tonight. The Aggies are playing very, very good football. And they are still getting better every game. I'm convinced that the Aggies are better than both teams playing in the NC game.
    Had the exact same thought at the conclusion of last nights game. The Aggies are playing the best ball of any team I've seen so far this bowl season!!

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TXDAWG81 View Post
    Had the exact same thought at the conclusion of last nights game. The Aggies are playing the best ball of any team I've seen so far this bowl season!!
    Yep, first year head coach, too...right?

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

I think Texas A&M should finish the 2012 season ranked #2 or #3 in the country.

First of all, the Aggies spanked OU tonight 40-13. That's 10 points worse than Notre Dame beat the Sooners. Secondly, the Aggies have already beaten Alabama too. I know Oregon is good...but these Aggies are playing GREAT football right now.

So, the winner of the NC game will obviously finish #1, but I think the Aggies could easily slip into the #3 spot with an outside shot at #2. Man, I wish we had a playoff. I believe the Aggies are playing well enough to win a NC playoff tournament.
    I think they would have run the table in the Big 12...but that ain't sayin' much.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I did notice I have spent a lot more time playing with my kids and their new Christmas presents this year. Haven't missed the football very badly. Did have the games on some of the time, but found myself ignoring the tv. A good result of the boring season. I agree that for the most part it has been dull.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I remember thinking, during our game with them, "why can't we catch that guy!" They then went on to show that NO ONE could could catch Johnny. He may be the best QB I have ever seen, especially taking into account that he is a freshman. That bowl, although not a close one, was the best bowl of the season for me. I was not bored one bit. Doesn't make this bowl season, as a whole, much better, but I didn't miss one play last night.
    The announcers said during the game that Manziel wears a size 15 shoe and has large hands that wrap around the football. No wonder he can be running and make such quick cuts. It is like he is skiing on the field!!!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    I think they would have run the table in the Big 12...but that ain't sayin' much.
    Actually, the joke is on the SEC. Before the 2012 season began, the rest of the SEC was boasting about how they were going to "Welcome A&M to the SEC". Heard that a lot. Well, that sure backfired on the SEC.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Actually, the joke is on the SEC. Before the 2012 season began, the rest of the SEC was boasting about how they were going to "Welcome A&M to the SEC". Heard that a lot. Well, that sure backfired on the SEC.
    Well....'cept for the fact that the SEC championship game did NOT feature aTm and the top of the SEC was:

1) Bama
    2) UGA
    3) Florida
    4) LSU

But except for that, yeah.

Also, I posted that the SEC ended up better off getting aTm and Mizzou, and many, many, many, ahem...CFB gurus...on this forum stated that the Big 12 got MUCH the better of the deal getting TCU and WVU. Really? How's that working out for ya?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Big12 was the stronger conference this year, by any objective measure.

$ec overcompensated, as they often do, with entirely too many cupcakes. $ec refs protect $ec teams, and they all know it. It's why compelling OOC matchups are the rare exception on $ec schedules, and Belch & FCS teams are the norm.

Some you boys need to recognize that E$PN owns the $ec and the bc$. Recognize the cross-promotion among the family of products and see through the hype.

The $ec is a great conference. But that's it.

+ Reply to Thread