+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: San Diego State's conference future?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: San Diego State's conference future?

Quote Originally Posted by DQDawg View Post
    I think we're somewhat oblivious to any possibility of moving to the BE. Being proactive in athletics hasn't been a strong suit of the Ruston Dawgs.
    ^^^^This. Nothing pisses me off more than LA Tech's lack of pro-activity on these conference realignment issues. I'm convinced that there is NO effort being made by LA Tech's leadership to discuss these issues with the new Big East schools. LA Tech's leadership honestly believes Tech fans will be satisfied in the new CUSA....which of course will have absolutely nobody left that we wanted to associate with in the first place.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

This is akin to our finally getting that new house at Squire Creek only to have it go public and them moving in a bunch of double wides!!!!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    This akin to our finally getting that new house at Squire Creek only to have it go public and them moving in a bunch of double wides!!!!

LOL~

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

It is obvious to me that to the Tulsa's and ECU's of the world, we are to them what the ULM's and Troy's of the world are to us. Most of the 2012 CUSA members feel that their programs are much superior to those of schools like Tech, UNT, FIU, and FAU. Even with losing as many members as CUSA has, it is still a much better conference for us to have landed in than the Sun Belt would have been. ULL is the school that is in a horrible spot, and Cajun fans know it. They face the growing probability that they're about to be stuck in the Sun Belt Conference with the likes of Sam Houston State and Lamar. Thank goodness we're not facing that kind of reality.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    It is obvious to me that to the Tulsa's and ECU's of the world, we are to them what the ULM's and Troy's of the world are to us. Most of the 2012 CUSA members feel that their programs are much superior to those of schools like Tech, UNT, FIU, and FAU. Even with losing as many members as CUSA has, it is still a much better conference for us to have landed in than the Sun Belt would have been. ULL is the school that is in a horrible spot, and Cajun fans know it. They face the growing probability that they're about to be stuck in the Sun Belt Conference with the likes of Sam Houston State and Lamar. Thank goodness we're not facing that kind of reality.
    I have never met one fan of the old CUSA (except for the idiot from Memphis) that felt that we were beneath them. I think that is more of a self image problem for Tech fans in N. Louisiana and it projects out to the point that it makes it true in their minds. Most people I meet think of Tech as above the SMU's, Houston's, and Tulsa's. We, actually, have better name recognition nationally. We don't act like it, though, and it becomes very self defeating.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

This is akin to our finally getting that new house at Squire Creek only to have it go public and them moving in a bunch of double wides!!!!
    And all the cool neighbors bailed out, but we are stuck.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I have never met one fan of the old CUSA (except for the idiot from Memphis) that felt that we were beneath them. I think that is more of a self image problem for Tech fans in N. Louisiana and it projects out to the point that it makes it true in their minds. Most people I meet think of Tech as above the SMU's, Houston's, and Tulsa's. We, actually, have better name recognition nationally. We don't act like it, though, and it becomes very self defeating.
    I think it is actually the perspective of our administration/ not so much the fans! Our Pres & AD focused so long and so hard on getting into the CUSA that they didn't remember that a conference is not the 'end all'; it is who are the members of that conference. They think (and I know this from talking to them) that our fans are happy & satisfied to be in CUSA! They don't realize that it wasn't CUSA all along, it was the schools in CUSA.

Unfortunately, as long as we have the administration in place - and I am counting Dr Guice because he hasn't spoken up yet so I assume he is just as satisfied-, we will do nothing to 'rock that boat' and piss off Brikowsky! They think that he is going to 'take care of us' (their words) and we shouldn't worry. I guarantee you, if the New BE schools called him to come run their new deal, he would be gone so fast it would not be funny! And there we would be on the outside looking in with our new buddies from the 'SunBelt/new CUSA' probably hiring Mr. Peanut to come 'lead the band on the deck' while the Titanic slips slowly into the abyss! If we aren't in Dallas today with the AD's from the Big East, then we are sunk!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is actually the perspective of our administration/ not so much the fans! Our Pres & AD focused so long and so hard on getting into the CUSA that they didn't remember that a conference is not the 'end all'; it is who are the members of that conference. They think (and I know this from talking to them) that our fans are happy & satisfied to be in CUSA! They don't realize that it wasn't CUSA all along, it was the schools in CUSA.

Unfortunately, as long as we have the administration in place - and I am counting Dr Guice because he hasn't spoken up yet so I assume he is just as satisfied-, we will do nothing to 'rock that boat' and piss off Brikowsky! They think that he is going to 'take care of us' (their words) and we shouldn't worry. I guarantee you, if the New BE schools called him to come run their new deal, he would be gone so fast it would not be funny! And there we would be on the outside looking in with our new buddies from the 'SunBelt/new CUSA' probably hiring Mr. Peanut to come 'lead the band on the deck' while the Titanic slips slowly into the abyss! If we aren't in Dallas today with the AD's from the Big East, then we are sunk!
    I totally agree with your assessment of the administration. We have a fan problem too, though. Just look at some of the posts and this is where us hard-core fans reside.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

so long and so hard
    twss

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    twss
    That was simply to difficult to resist wasn't it?

Champion110, I agree with you 100%. I am glad others don't think of us as some of our own fans do! They have been listening to the lsu fan Walmart greeters too long.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    That was simply to difficult to resist wasn't it?

Champion110, I agree with you 100%. I am glad others don't think of us as some of our own fans do! They have been listening to the lsu fan Walmart greeters too long.
    I was outspoken for years about our potential. I'm now holding my breath until Dr. Guice gets situated, but the fact that BVDV is still our AD tells me that, for now at least, we are going to stick with our motto...

"At LaTech we do more with less."

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Latest rumor has SJSU going back to MWC . . . with UConn and Cincy football?!

http://ajerseyguy.com/

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

The Mountain West is pursuing a course for the 2013 football season that would add San Diego State and play as a 12-team, two-division league.

Deputy commissioner Bret Gilliland said Friday it's 99 percent certain that there will be 11 or 12 teams for the 2013 season and meaningful discussions continue with San Diego State officials.

"We're preparing as much as we can for an 11-team schedule, but if it goes to 12, we've looked at some plans and we're ready to go," Gilliland said. "Our outside timetable is Jan. 31, but obviously we would like to move on this as quickly as possible."

Read more: Mountain West looking to San Diego State's return for 2013 season - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/c...#ixzz2I0YiTVWF
    Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

It looks like the San Diego State announcement should come by the end of the month.

With that quote from a Mountain West official, it doesn't look like the MW will expand into Texas and/or Oklahoma.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

From Brett McMurphy on Twitter: https://twitter.com/McMurphyESPN

San Diego State expected to be reinstated to MWC today, remain all sports member & not join Big East sources tell @espn.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

SAN DIEGO STATE TO REMAIN A MEMBER OF THE MWC

Posted by Ben Kercheval on January 16, 2013, 5:30 PM EST
    AP
    Another Big East member has left, and for the third time in two years, one has done so before ever playing a single game in the conference.
    Following up on what’s been speculated for the past several weeks, San Diego State and the Mountain West confirmed Wednesday afternoon that the Aztecs would remain in the league instead of moving to the Big East on July 1 like the university had been planning. The news comes just over two weeks after Boise State it
    announced it would stay in the MWC as well and not leave for the Big East.
    “San Diego State University is pleased to be continuing as a full member of the Mountain West Conference,” said SDSU President Dr. Elliot Hirshman in a release. “We are excited about the opportunities our partnership provides for the development of the Conference and San Diego State University’s athletic programs.”
    SDSU needed three-fourths approval from the conference’s presidents to return to the league.
    “As a charter member of the Mountain West, San Diego State has decades of history and tremendous competitive rivalries with our member institutions,” said MWC commissioner Craig Thompson. “With today’s announcement, SDSU’s membership continues uninterrupted and helps the Mountain West maintain a solid foundation going forward. The Aztecs remain a perfect fit geographically and provide the Conference with a highly-competitive athletics program that includes a Top 25 men’s basketball team, a 2012 MW tri-champion in football and several other league championship programs.”
    Because of Boise State’s decision to stay in the MWC, SDSU will not have to pay an exit fee to stay in the league.

More
    http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...er-of-the-mwc/

+ Reply to Thread