+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dykes speakers at AFCA convention about last season

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Re: Dykes speakers at AFCA convention about last season

I'm looking at it like this: In my former profession when I managed nursing homes before I started rescuing people from the stock market...

After 7 years(USF & ECU...not even including Conn) of managing a few different ones...for me its the nursing homes, for Coach Holtz, its his former schools....you can look back and see the mistakes you made when walking into one on Day 1, looking back at decisions you made and reflectng on them, relationships that you have made...surely, he is well connected b/c of his other 3 head coaching gigs....He may be right, he may have just run out of time at USF...playing with a 3rd string QB b/c of injury...how would our 9-3 season ended up if we would went to our 3rd string QB, I bet we wouldn't have went to a bowl.....Oh wait.... I like every one of his hires thus far, don't know much about Sloan(inside Wr's coach)...still waiting on the ST & OC hire...what about OL...I think it is shaping up nicely
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Actually, it is not entirely made up. There is a study somewhere that says it takes 10,000 hours to become an expert at something.
    Malcolm Gladewell wrote about this in his book, The Outliers.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Soooo, that's why I'm an expert at goofing up! I've got about that many hours into it.

Varsity Bulldog brody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    we paid for his mistake
    And what if he had rocked the boat and it backfired? There is no way that you would ever know. And you would be sitting here today saying the same thing that we paid for his mistake by rocking the boat.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OLDBLUE View Post
    Soooo, that's why I'm an expert at goofing up! I've got about that many hours into it.

I normally try to put 12-14 hours each day into it...

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

There is a study somewhere that says it takes 10,000 hours to become an expert at something.

Yep, but some photo bombers are just born with the talent:

+ Reply to Thread