+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing Season 2013

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Fishing Season 2013

It's almost the perfect white perch time! There may be a boathouse/dock on Lake Claiborne that may be about to be adorned with 12 Christmas trees and fitted with a new fish feeder (DFM and TECH77). As I have just offered some highly valuable info you two can feel free to let me know of any other brushpiles that may exist on the same body of water...just sayin':icon_wink:.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Fishing Season 2013

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    It's almost the perfect white perch time! There may be a boathouse/dock on Lake Claiborne that may be about to be adorned with 12 Christmas trees and fitted with a new fish feeder (DFM and TECH77). As I have just offered some highly valuable info you two can feel free to let me know of any other brushpiles that may exist on the same body of water...just sayin':icon_wink:.
    We'll have to go a fishin when the weather warms up some.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

shouldnt you Claiborne guys be down in the deep water at the dam instead of on BBB ?

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I don't have any idea why I'm not in the duck blind right now...except for this stupid work stuff.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    shouldnt you Claiborne guys be down in the deep water at the dam instead of on BBB ?
    That cold-weather, 35-foot-deep white perchin' doesn't appeal to me.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Bulldog dapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the ears dapdawg's Avatar

I would definitely appreciate a heads-up when they turn on!

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    That cold-weather, 35-foot-deep white perchin' doesn't appeal to me.
    if they made yoyo's with 35' lines, i'd be all over it

They've been killing them on Caddo. Haven't heard about Claiborne but we started catching them last year in Jan and Feb through March.

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Columbia River bar... Oregon:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/ByGSMmenPDM?rel=0

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, leave it to the govt. to fix things.....red fish:

http://bigfishfinder.net/2013/02/08/...e-appropriate/

Call it a Simile or a Metaphor...It's been too long since my last English class to discern at this point in my life but I think I just came-up with a great one all on my own at the very young age of 41. I claim this as my own and I hope it makes sense to you (and I hope my wife gets aback soon) as this is the crap I come up with when I have way too much "free" time. If you remember the old-school jet skis that you used to have stand-up on then this will make much more sense. This is dedicated to our new friends on Beautiful Lake Claiborne and to my parents; who have worked so very long and so very hard to buy a family place on a lake that we can all enjoy:

"Life is like riding a jet ski. At first you have trouble just getting going in the right direction and standing up on your own. Once you get that part down you try going faster, and then faster, in a straight line. After that you get cocky and try a few tricks. Then you start looking for the real fun stuff. Once you're truly good at this you quit avoiding the rough water and large wakes that gave you trouble in the past and you embrace and seek them out. The former "bumps in the road or large wakes" become ramps that you launch yourself out of the water with confidence... and giggle every time!

After this you begin to realize that you miss too much of the fun; at high velocity, so you slow down a bit. As you slow your course you see that the beautiful scenery has been passing you by way too quickly. So you desire the "wet-bike" . Basically a jet-ski that you can sit down on. You can still go fast; if you desire, but you can also "plop" your butt down on a seat and take a cruise around the lake at your pace..enjoying the scenery.

Eventually you realize that your wet-bike confines you to how many folks you can take with you on your trips. You do some soul searching and you decide that your days of going fast are done and you'd like a little company...so you get a party-barge (or pontoon boat). As you take your evening "booze cruise" or "evening jaunt" around the lake you look back at your life and realize that you may have missed quite a few of the sights and sounds of your life while barreling along, willy-nilly on your jet-ski.

Then you begin to understand that you've survived your jet-ski years and surmise that these party-barge days are the best of your life. You comprehend the fact that these party-barges are expensive and you had to give a lot of yourself over the years to get to this part of your boating career; both financially and mentally, to get to this point in your life where you know that this is right. It's just about this time that a couple of "kids" tear by your party-barge, on "jet-skis", at high velocity, hooting and hollering and ramping the waves. I hope you smile and wave from your party-barge...maybe even honk the horn at them and raise your glass.

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Call it a Simile or a Metaphor...It's been too long since my last English class to discern at this point in my life but I think I just came-up with a great one all on my own at the very young age of 41. I claim this as my own and I hope it makes sense to you (and I hope my wife gets aback soon) as this is the crap I come up with when I have way too much "free" time. If you remember the old-school jet skis that you used to have stand-up on then this will make much more sense. This is dedicated to our new friends on Beautiful Lake Claiborne and to my parents; who have worked so very long and so very hard to buy a family place on a lake that we can all enjoy:

"Life is like riding a jet ski. At first you have trouble just getting going in the right direction and standing up on your own. Once you get that part down you try going faster, and then faster, in a straight line. After that you get cocky and try a few tricks. Then you start looking for the real fun stuff. Once you're truly good at this you quit avoiding the rough water and large wakes that gave you trouble in the past and you embrace and seek them out. The former "bumps in the road or large wakes" become ramps that you launch yourself out of the water with confidence... and giggle every time!

After this you begin to realize that you miss too much of the fun; at high velocity, so you slow down a bit. As you slow your course you see that the beautiful scenery has been passing you by way too quickly. So you desire the "wet-bike" . Basically a jet-ski that you can sit down on. You can still go fast; if you desire, but you can also "plop" your butt down on a seat and take a cruise around the lake at your pace..enjoying the scenery.

Eventually you realize that your wet-bike confines you to how many folks you can take with you on your trips. You do some soul searching and you decide that your days of going fast are done and you'd like a little company...so you get a party-barge (or pontoon boat). As you take your evening "booze cruise" or "evening jaunt" around the lake you look back at your life and realize that you may have missed quite a few of the sights and sounds of your life while barreling along, willy-nilly on your jet-ski.

Then you begin to understand that you've survived your jet-ski years and surmise that these party-barge days are the best of your life. You comprehend the fact that these party-barges are expensive and you had to give a lot of yourself over the years to get to this part of your boating career; both financially and mentally, to get to this point in your life where you know that this is right. It's just about this time that a couple of "kids" tear by your party-barge, on "jet-skis", at high velocity, hooting and hollering and ramping the waves. I hope you smile and wave from your party-barge...maybe even honk the horn at them and raise your glass.
    Jet skis are the debil.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Nothing like a good day fishing and if you look at the technique employed in the left background we're pretty sure who's responsible for a missing fishing rod my brother has two great kids and I'm proud that both my niece and nephew love fishing!

2013-04-06 08 53 50.jpg

First striper of the season was a doozie. I'm guesstimating 8 lbs or so. I'll post some other pics that show how fat this porker was. Also caught some black bass and catfish. BTW Tech77 and DFM: Kel's now sells trotline goldfish BUT i don't recommend baiting yo-yo's with them. When I went to run them at dawn today it was carnage! Those big cats absolutely wrecked 3 of my 9 yo-yo's and I had several more bent/broken hooks. I did catch a monster perch on one of the goldies however.
    striper.jpg

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

black bass?

Fished up 150 or so non-Walmart crickets Saturday. Caught 45 nice bream and chinquapins. My son helped me, but I caught more than him.

+ Reply to Thread