+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Benson's Belch survival plan

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Benson's Belch survival plan

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    LaMon has Grambling and Tulane (unless they buy it out) in Monroe. Good chance they will have 5 home games. Congrats Bobby!
    Now before you go congratulating a chicken bird, this is a great home game schedule.

LOUISIANA TECH 2013 HOME/AWAY SCHEDULE

HOME
    North Texas
    Southern Miss
    Tulane
    Lamar (I hope we ditch for somebody better)
    Tulsa
    Army (Heart of Dallas Kickoff Classic)at Cotton Bowl - it will be a home game for us IMHO.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Was that one of Waters's MOUs?
    It looks like Benson was trying to deflect the blame on Waters, but I think this one is on Benson. The Belch didn't double their exit fee until this summer under Benson's leadership after Benson had already lost North Texas and FIU to C-USA. He and his lawyers should have recognized the incomplete departure notification deadline rules. It's not like it's his first rodeo with schools exiting his conference. He's probably collected exit fees from a couple dozen schools throughout his illustrious career.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    With Staub's scheduling technique at LaMon they may end up with only 4 home games this year.
    Tabby is reporting that Staub is still looking for a replacement game. As of now, ULM has 5 home games and 6 road games. The juco will need a money game because the Baylor game is a return game. Oklahoma is the chickenhawks' only money game right now.

She also said that ULL is working out a deal with NM State.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/2...ference-foe-13

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Tabby is reporting that Staub is still looking for a replacement game. As of now, ULM has 5 home games and 6 road games. The juco will need a money game because the Baylor game is a return game. Oklahoma is the chickenhawks' only money game right now.

She also said that ULL is working out a deal with NM State.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/2...ference-foe-13
    If this is current, NMSU apparently has three openings on their schedule. And a much nicer schedule (so far) than I would have guessed. Hosting Minnesota, UTEP, San Diego State, Rice, and Idaho. Away games at Texas and UCLA.

Idaho is all booked up, also with a not-bad schedule. Hosting Northern Illinois, Temple, Fresno State, NMSU, and Old Dominion. Away games at Ole Miss and Florida State during conference-play season.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    It's not like it's his first rodeo with schools exiting his conference.

To say the least!

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Truly scary stuff for UL-Lafayette. If there was a mass exodus from the Sun Belt, the Cajuns would be behind the three schools that have been mentioned in published reports thus far the CUSA membership - WKU, Arkansas State, and Georgia State. And given Banowsky's recent comments about membership, I believe they could also be behind USA and TSU.

ULL could be stuck in a league with Idaho, ULM, Troy, Liberty, Lamar, Sam Houston, and Georgia Southern. I would find it hard to believe App State would ever be a part of that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Truly scary stuff for UL-Lafayette. If there was a mass exodus from the Sun Belt, the Cajuns would be behind the three schools that have been mentioned in published reports thus far the CUSA membership - WKU, Arkansas State, and Georgia State. And given Banowsky's recent comments about membership, I believe they could also be behind USA and TSU.

ULL could be stuck in a league with Idaho, ULM, Troy, Liberty, Lamar, Sam Houston, and Georgia Southern. I would find it hard to believe App State would ever be a part of that.
    I agree. I'm confident that ULL is not one of the Top 6 on C-USA's list. I even think there are a few FCS schools that may be ahead of ULL like Missouri State, Delaware, App State if Charlotte gets called up, and James Madison or Liberty if ODU gets called up. I think ULL needs Tech to get a Big East invite for them to get in C-USA.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Benson the idiot...

He never mentioned this when he was in charge of bringing down the WAC:

But Benson went a step farther, suggesting certain matchups simply make sense, conference affiliation notwithstanding. "Just like Louisiana Tech and UL Monroe need to play," he said, "I would say the same — that Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky need to play, just based on geography and rivalry."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Western and Middle will be conference mates soon enough
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

It's an apples and oranges analogy. MTSU & WKU aren't 30 miles apart. They don't share the same media market, fight for the same recruits, compete for many of the same fans and students, or vie for the same state funding.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Why is it that ULL is constantly overlooked when it comes to conference realignment consideration? Don't get me wrong, I can't stand ULL (the name BS for the last 20 years has really gotten old), but there must be a reason that they never get a look from any other conference. Did someone at ULL piss someone at CUSA off so badly that ULL has been black-listed?

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

C-USA has said any new teams must have (A) market or (B) competitive history.

ULL has neither.

I suppose it would be conceivable that they are on the right course with letter (B), and perhaps, if this were to continue for a sustained decade or so they might be more attractive. Two consecutive third-place Sun Belt conference finishes, while an improvement, are hardly the type of success needed to garner significant interest from a better conference.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

"Sometimes, that's just sort of karma."
    Last edited by StrayDawg; 01-28-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    Why is it that ULL is constantly overlooked when it comes to conference realignment consideration? Don't get me wrong, I can't stand ULL (the name BS for the last 20 years has really gotten old), but there must be a reason that they never get a look from any other conference. Did someone at ULL piss someone at CUSA off so badly that ULL has been black-listed?
    ....I can't understand why everybody keeps hiring our coaches away, but not ULL's. What's up with that? If ULL is so good, why isn't anyone poaching their coach?

+ Reply to Thread