+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Big Priest Conference TV deal and expansion

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Re: Big Priest Conference TV deal and expansion

The C-7 have not even split yet and already bad blood between some of them....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col.../?sct=uk_wr_a3

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    The C-7 have not even split yet and already bad blood between some of them....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col.../?sct=uk_wr_a3

Hmm. The "Georgetown League". I kinda like it. :icon_wink:

HD

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Tomorrow the new Big East will announce:
    - Addition of Butler, Creigton, and Xavier
    - TV deal with Fox
    - Agreement with Madison Square Garden
    Last edited by Dawg06; 03-19-2013 at 02:15 PM.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

In Columbus today and they are saying here that if 2 of the following four teams leave the new A-12, then their contract with ESPN is voided - UConn, Temple, Cincy, & UofH. They are still saying that UConn & Cincy are talking to the ACC. I don't know why UofH is listed except for the Houston TV market, but saying that, why wouldn't SMU be listed as well?????

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    In Columbus today and they are saying here that if 2 of the following four teams leave the new A-12, then their contract with ESPN is voided - UConn, Temple, Cincy, & UofH. They are still saying that UConn & Cincy are talking to the ACC. I don't know why UofH is listed except for the Houston TV market, but saying that, why wouldn't SMU be listed as well?????
    B,b,b,but .... Dawg06 said that E$PN would keep the nBE/Metro/A-12 together. Forever.

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    B,b,b,but .... Dawg06 said that E$PN would keep the nBE/Metro/A-12 together. Forever.
    So are you imagining a mad dash back to Conference USA if the A12 (until they come up with a real name) has to negotiate a new contract? I don't know about ESPN in particular, but it seems as likely as not that the A12 will retain value exceeding that of all other options for those that don't get invited to the ACC.

And, actually, this may bolster one of Dawg's claims: That C*USA's contract is in trouble when it comes time to renew.

Incidentally, ESPN inherited this clause from the NBC offer. I don't know how that factors into things, but it seems relevant.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    If you read the article, you'd see that the termination clause came from the contract that NBC Sports Network proposed, and ESPN inherited the clause when they matched the deal.

I never said that ESPN would keep all those schools together forever. I was adamant that ESPN/NBC would not allow the conference to die, and they won't. Those are two very different statements.

I haven't got around to posting that article yet, but I will. It has some relevant info to a post that The Historian made a few weeks ago that I have to go back and find.

+ Reply to Thread