+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Southern Miss

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Southern Miss

I sure hope they stay in CUSA.

I think this could develop into the rivalry we have been missing for a long, long time. We are very close geographically, we recruit a lot of the same players, and the games can usually go either way.

My question is: do y'all think we could "hate" them like a healthy rivalry "hate"? Is there too much respect for them from the Tech fanbase to get really fired up to play them every year? Can we have the passion to want to beat them worse than anyone on our schedule?

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Re: Southern Miss

It's probably going to be hard for tech fans to hate a team that they're going to beat every year. :icon_wink:

Varsity Bulldog DoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the rough DoubleDDawg's Avatar

Not so fast my friend........Todd Monken is the real deal and he's got an axe to grind.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    It's probably going to be hard for tech fans to hate a team that they're going to beat every year. :icon_wink:
    well they did pick Bradshaw 5 times and beat us in Shreveport 58-7 in frony of 2 thousand- yes 2,000 fans on Thanksgiving DAY. They have great fans , meaning they are very friendly when you go there. Now Tulsa-- we had monster brawl with them there yrs ago and they swore never to play us again. We also had to beat Tulsa to win WAC yrs ago and they do not want us in same conference -- they pretty much backed T-el paso over Tech yrs ago--

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

and they recruit against us more than anyone else ( except suddenly Ark State)

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDDawg View Post
    Not so fast my friend........Todd Monken is the real deal and he's got an axe to grind.
    We shall see. Not every good coordinator is a good head coach.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    We shall see. Not every good coordinator is a good head coach.
    Yeah, that!

....and every winning coach is not a good coach. Ex.: Favre made Hallman look like he was top-tier coach.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

I felt it when they came to Ruston a couple of years ago. A lot of their fans had NO respect for Tech going into that game and still didn't the next year when we went to Hattiesburg. They were humbled last year, but they will be high and mighty again when they have another winning season.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

We won't be dominating USM. They have a sizeable edge over us in the series, and they will be good again.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

USM will be "the" conference game as long as we're together.

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDDawg View Post
    Real deal? Don't you think that is premature?

As for classy Southern Miss fans, they are like Bigfoot: You hear about them and there is some loose evidence of their existence, but one has never been positively identified. I grew up in south Mississippi and the few fans they have can best be described as trashy.

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

I know one thing their campus police are terrible, and you can't just generalize some fan base by the actions of 2 or three posters that come here and are very respectful. At that same token you can't think they are all trashy either. They are a group of people, who like us are all different. I think its funny how some people seem to put So Miss on a pedestal.

That said it will be a good rivalry I believe. I already have found my "hate" for them after going down to that monsoon game.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Tulsa has the makings of our new Fresno. That could be a major rivalry.

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by kw2292 View Post
    I know one thing their campus police are terrible, and you can't just generalize some fan base by the actions of 2 or three posters that come here and are very respectful. At that same token you can't think they are all trashy either. They are a group of people, who like us are all different. I think its funny how some people seem to put So Miss on a pedestal.

That said it will be a good rivalry I believe. I already have found my "hate" for them after going down to that monsoon game.
    Exactly!! I found it at that game as well. Almost had a throw down before the game even started.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Not to be contrary, but ...

I've only had good experiences with USM fans to date.

+ Reply to Thread