Closed Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Comprehensive Conference Realignment Thread

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: Comprehensive Conference Realignment Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    not likely to get pulled
    twss

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Better than C-USA fo sho. Do these people edit anymore?

number does not include however, that the ability for the league to sale games that are not protected by CBS Sports, approximately 15 games
    Don't YOU edit anymore?

It's "sell", not "sale".

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    UMass is a stupid choice. And, they don't need Rice - they already have Houston. I guess the old CUSA schools are pulling Rice along with them - just like Tulane got the benefit.
    This whole BE realignment thing is really, really stupid, even for someone of my minimal intellect. . It's just dumb that all these former CUSA schools are rejoining each other in the new Big East. I'm starting not to care anymore.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    This whole BE realignment thing is really, really stupid, even for someone of my minimal intellect. . It's just dumb that all these former CUSA schools are rejoining each other in the new Big East. I'm starting not to care anymore.
    I am getting to the same place. If they had stayed put, it would have been a better conference than what they are going to end up with. Plus, the fact that all these southern schools are not in the East. It will end up being a southern regional conference - the same one they left.

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I am getting to the same place. If they had stayed put, it would have been a better conference than what they are going to end up with. Plus, the fact that all these southern schools are not in the East. It will end up being a southern regional conference - the same one they left.
    It'll be roughly the same, though with Temple, Navy, and South Florida most likely. Those are pretty good additions. So a mild improvement. Regionally, the footprint will extend further north (to Philly, Maryland, maybe Massachusetts) but obviously with mostly the same teams it's mostly the same footprint.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

One other thing: I wouldn't put too, too much stock in the list given to Katz. It came right after the BSU/SDSU defections and were probably knee-jerk choices. Brit Banowsky has, in his drawer, a full profile of 20 schools at any given time for precisely this sort of event. I don't think the same is true of Aresco. I think the mention of those four schools is, as much as anything, that they were among the first to come to mind.

I do think that there will be some favoritism towards those that have been with the C*USA. But, as with UMass's mention, it's obviously not iron-clad.

And, lastly, UTEP actually has more friends than a couple other schools. I don't think they would be getting in, due to geography and their failure to live up to the hopes that were had for them in C*USA (I think you're ahead of them, this time). But their "pariah" status has long been exaggerated, in my view.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

That's not the Champ110 I know. The BEast must be our next goal, and our admin better get to work on it yesterday. We better start caring, or we will get passed up by former Belch schools when more dominoes eventually fall down the road.

Follow. The. Money. You have to keep in mind that's what all this realignment is about. The BEast has more than 8x the NCAA MBB revenue per school than C-USA. The BEast has almost 2x the TV money per school than C-USA. The BEast is wallowing in significant exit fee money from 13 schools. The BEast will receive a greater football distribution than C-USA most years, if not every year. The BEast will still have better bowl opportunities than C-USA. The BEast will still have a better brand name and reputation than C-USA despite attempts by the media, MW, and C-USA to run them down.

Some of y'all sound like the Belch fans talking about C-USA. Wake up.

BEast > C-USA > Belch
    Always has been and always will be.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Don't YOU edit anymore?

It's "sell", not "sale".
    Dude
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    That's not the Champ110 I know. The BEast must be our next goal, and our admin better get to work on it yesterday. We better start caring, or we will get passed up by former Belch schools when more dominoes eventually fall down the road.

Follow. The. Money. You have to keep in mind that's what all this realignment is about. The BEast has more than 8x the NCAA MBB revenue per school than C-USA. The BEast has almost 2x the TV money per school than C-USA. The BEast is wallowing in significant exit fee money from 13 schools. The BEast will receive a greater football distribution than C-USA most years, if not every year. The BEast will still have better bowl opportunities than C-USA. The BEast will still have a better brand name and reputation than C-USA despite attempts by the media, MW, and C-USA to run them down.

Some of y'all sound like the Belch fans talking about C-USA. Wake up.

BEast > C-USA > Belch
    Always has been and always will be.
    I am still the same Champ110......... No worries there. I know the Big East is where we need to be and I HOPE that our administration is hard at work trying to get us there. H, I want the B12! Anyway, I just see where HD is coming from. It gets frustrating, because the conference basically is picking up and leaving. It is just like what happened in the WAC and we waited years to be able to get back. Now, we must do it again - except with the Big East. Let's just hope we our administration sees it NOW and not later.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parialex View Post
    One other thing: I wouldn't put too, too much stock in the list given to Katz. It came right after the BSU/SDSU defections and were probably knee-jerk choices. Brit Banowsky has, in his drawer, a full profile of 20 schools at any given time for precisely this sort of event. I don't think the same is true of Aresco. I think the mention of those four schools is, as much as anything, that they were among the first to come to mind.

I do think that there will be some favoritism towards those that have been with the C*USA. But, as with UMass's mention, it's obviously not iron-clad.

And, lastly, UTEP actually has more friends than a couple other schools. I don't think they would be getting in, due to geography and their failure to live up to the hopes that were had for them in C*USA (I think you're ahead of them, this time). But their "pariah" status has long been exaggerated, in my view.
    Katz is employed by ESPN, the Big East's television rights holder, and that's why I put stock in what he said. There have been several other sources indicate that Tulsa then UMass are at the top of the Big East's list. Until the ACC/Maryland lawsuit is settled, all that really matters is the one school at the top of the list (Tulsa).

At this point, every school's resume seeking an invitation to the Big East has at least one glaring weakness.

It's not that I think Katz is wrong, rather I think the information he got was premature. More about their first thoughts than actual judgments. Which may turn out to be the same thing. I just think that information came out too quickly to be a firm indication of where the conference is going to go. The only constant I have heard is Tulsa. So that's the only one I am banking on (barring something unforeseen.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    The BEast has more than 8x the NCAA MBB revenue per school than C-USA.

Right, but how much of that goes with the Catholic schools when they leave (and they are expected to fight for the BE name as well)?

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Right, but how much of that goes with the Catholic schools when they leave (and they are expected to fight for the BE name as well)?
    $0. The units should stay with the Big East unless the conference dissolves.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The Catholic schools don't need units anyway. They'll probably have 4 at large teams in year one with no auto-bids.

Let me add this.

According to Joe Lunardi's projected bracket for this season:
    - Big East expected to earn 18 units
    - C-USA expected to earn 1 unit

The Big East's 18 expected units would replace their 13 units from 2007. Net +5 units.
    C-USA's 1 expected unit would replace their 4 units from 2007. Net -3 units.

For 2013-14, projected MBB distribution payouts would be:
    - Big East: $30,512,932
    - C-USA: $3,751,590

Projected BC$ football money for 2013-14:
    - Big East: $25 million
    - C-USA: $4 million

Projected TV revenue for 2013-14:
    - Big East: $33 million
    - C-USA: $16 million

Those 3 items total for 2013-14:
    - Big East: $88.51 million
    - C-USA: $23.75 million