View Poll Results: Would you want your favorite NFL team to draft Manti Te'o?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 14.58%
  • No

33 68.75%
  • Wait until after the NFL combine to decide

8 16.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you want your favorite NFL team to draft Manti Te'o?

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Poll Would you want your favorite NFL team to draft Manti Te'o?

Given everything you know about Manti Te'o, both on the field and off, would you want your team to draft him?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Would you want your favorite NFL team to draft Manti Te'o?

It depends...crazy can be a great quality in a linebacker.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

I wouldn't. He was awful against top shelf offensive linemen and running backs in the NC game. His fake girlfriend antics is a distraction that I wouldn't want on my team. People will from now on will question his critical thinking skills and his integrity. He was thought to be a top 5 draft pick a month ago and now I think he would be lucky to go in the first round.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    I wouldn't. He was awful against top shelf offensive linemen and running backs in the NC game. His fake girlfriend antics is a distraction that I wouldn't want on my team. People will from now on will question his critical thinking skills and his integrity. He was thought to be a top 5 draft pick a month ago and now I think he would be lucky to go in the first round.
    I agree with all of those points. His skills on the field are probably a little over-hyped, and this would be a big locker room distraction. I also can't imagine the rookie hazing that he is going to have to deal with. Johnny's point about crazy LBs is also valid.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Given everything that is and isn't known about Te'o and the girlfriend hoax, I would not touch him with a 10 foot pole right now if I were a GM in the NFL.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Even aside from the distractions, not sure he is that good a LB to begin with. The Alabama game raised a lot of questions.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Don't really care about the hoax...it's silly but not every NFL player is a genius. But he was an amazing linebacker....against some pretty weak corps. Performance against Bama is how he would perform in the NFL.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

No. Over rated.
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Someone will pick him up, but in 3 years, no one will know which roster he is on or if he even plays anymore.

Varsity Bulldog oletimer isn't thought very highly of around hereoletimer isn't thought very highly of around hereoletimer isn't thought very highly of around hereoletimer isn't thought very highly of around hereoletimer isn't thought very highly of around here

hugely overrated!

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    Given everything you know about Manti Te'o, both on the field and off, would you want your team to draft him?
    No

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Te'o will have a good NFL career. He's big and fast enough, and he understands reading opposing offenses. He will end up as a steady, good LB in the NFL. Maybe not great, but a solid starter for someone.

Actually, this distraction, which only came to light for ND and the rest of the team about a week before the BcS Title game explains their obvious lack of focus. Anyone who watched Te'o play all season noticed the difference in that game. And, no it wasn't because Bama's OL was suddenly that good.

As for Te'o, he'll soon be a millionaire NFLer.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

His draft stock took a punch in the gut VS Bammer, after this crazy story, it got kicked in the groin!!

He was exposed in the NC, but there will always be an NFL team that will take a hyped player. I think after the wonderlick test, he falls to the 3rd round.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Depends on where. I would take him in the second round.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    Depends on where.
    I agree with this. I'd be a bit disappointed if my team invested a first round pick on him -- I'd want something a bit more sure for a first rounder. But if you could pick him up a little later, it may be worth a shot. While this whole girlfriend debacle calls his judgement into question, there are plenty of NFL players with certifiably poor judgement and I would be (and suspect NFL GM's would be) more worried about how bad Alabama made him look.

+ Reply to Thread