View Poll Results: Would you want your favorite NFL team to draft Manti Te'o?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 14.58%
  • No

33 68.75%
  • Wait until after the NFL combine to decide

8 16.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you want your favorite NFL team to draft Manti Te'o?

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Re: Would you want your favorite NFL team to draft Manti Te'o?

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Te'o will have a good NFL career. He's big and fast enough, and he understands reading opposing offenses. He will end up as a steady, good LB in the NFL. Maybe not great, but a solid starter for someone.

Actually, this distraction, which only came to light for ND and the rest of the team about a week before the BcS Title game explains their obvious lack of focus. Anyone who watched Te'o play all season noticed the difference in that game. And, no it wasn't because Bama's OL was suddenly that good.

As for Te'o, he'll soon be a millionaire NFLer.
    The speed part is the only part I might disagree with. I do think that Bama's OL is the best in college football, but I think their speed is what exposed Manti a little. I think he might have some trouble going sideline to sideline in the NFL and covering TEs. The Saints (and a lot of other teams) have had difficulty covering TEs lately, and his speed might make him an easy target in the passing game. Several top-rated LBs have had that problem in recent years, but I guess the scouts will figure that out about Te'o at the combine.

Depending on the outcome of this whole thing, his character could be a huge question mark. If he has been living a huge lie, then teams will be leery of him. But, if it turns out that he was a stupid kid who got caught up in something and was too embarrassed to admit it, then maybe he will be okay. Either way, he has told several lies and will have to come clean. The longer he waits, the more credibility he loses. I'm sure his agent (Condon?) is feeding him answers and rehearsing with him prior to the interview.

NFL locker rooms are pretty fragile, and you have to worry about how this will play out if you draft him. Obviously, he is going to deal with some rookie hazing, and he's an easy target. Some have suggested that maybe he is gay and this was a way to cover that up. If he admits that, then he will be the first openly gay NFL athlete, and you have to wonder how his teammates would respond to that.

I don't disagree that he has the size and talent to play in the NFL, and from everything I have heard he also has a good work ethic. Speed is a question, but character is a bigger issue right now. If you draft a guy who has lived a big lie and was so easily able to lie to the cameras, then you don't really know what you are getting.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

As bad as the Saints LBs are YES...

He didn't kill anyone, didn't get a DUI or didn't get caught doing dope...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    As bad as the Saints LBs are YES...

He didn't kill anyone, didn't get a DUI or didn't get caught doing dope...
    Totally agree. I would grab him in the 3rd round for sure and maybe move back 8-10 slots or so in the 2nd round to grab him. That is if they can figure out where his head really is at the combine with all of the NFL's questions and interviews.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

This situation is simply crazy. There are so many common sense questions that could be asked that must have been overlooked IF he believed she was real. I don't really care one way or the other on where he plays- he will likely be a decent NFL player, but the jokes have been very creative.

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    It depends...crazy can be a great quality in a linebacker.
    Brian Cox comes to mind. But that was an "I will kill you" crazy. This is more like a "Pay attention to me!" crazy. Pass.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    didn't get caught doing dope...
    He got caught being a dope.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread