+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hey Bdfanatic!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: Hey Bdfanatic!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    So . . . . the university takes way less money so you can enjoy your drink?
    The university is taking less money already by not offering adequate concessions. TECH has control over that and does nothing to change it. This is the same song and many years of verses.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Nobody hates Pepsi more than me although Mt.Dew is a wonderful drink. This has never been about anything other than making more money for Tech. Ouachita Coca Cola has been stealing from local universities and high schools for years with low paying contracts. Pepsi offered a good deal. We need the money. Tech did a HORRIBLE job of explaining this to the fan base.
    They have NEVER explained it to the fan base. They have simply sucked with the concessions! They are leaving lots of dollars on the table that don't have to be with bottle drinks, no ice, no cups, no food, no anything. If they ever stop people from bringing in their own, people will have more complaints.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Originally didn't Dawgpix tell us that the Pepsi contract was supposed to pay for the new TAC video/scoreboard a couple years ago? What happened with that?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    So . . . . the university takes way less money so you can enjoy your drink?
    Well, it's not quite that simple. This is what it boils down to ultimately, and I can see why you can't really maintain a decent relationship with a sponsor by admitting that you're sort of stuck with them even though they are very much less popular.

But the "way less money" part may (or may not) be mitigated by people buying less product. Probably not enough to offset the difference in the overall deal, but enough that it bears some (more tactful than Dwagpix's) explanation from the school.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Dawgpix can confirm this, but I think that varies based on territory. In the local territory Dr. Pepper is owned by Coke and does not go through a separate distributor. What you described above can't happen here.

I think our fans would be willing to tough it out if Tech would inform them that the Pepsi deal was much better for us financially AND if Tech would consider serving cold Pepsi products instead of hot ones.
    The other factor is that they were aggressively being bid on by several competing companies, so they had some leverage. We've got to establish ourselves as a viable money-making partnership (or at least be recognized as one - sounds to me like Coke doesn't think we're worth it) before we have much leverage to demand very much.

But your second point is true as well, folks might put up with Pepsi better if it was at least handled as best as it can be handled by Aramark.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

People might put up with deal if it was actually a cold drink and not lukewarm or hot! Tech concessions suck, football and basketball.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    The other factor is that they were aggressively being bid on by several competing companies, so they had some leverage. We've got to establish ourselves as a viable money-making partnership (or at least be recognized as one - sounds to me like Coke doesn't think we're worth it) before we have much leverage to demand very much.

But your second point is true as well, folks might put up with Pepsi better if it was at least handled as best as it can be handled by Aramark.
    Yes, contracts are determined by the companies on what they think they will be selling on campus in machines and campus facilities. Sometimes I think the athletics sales/profits are not a part of that equation. I will say this. More drinks have been sold since this Pepsico contract was honored cuz there have been more fans in attendance to buy drinks. So, if Coke bid higher, I bet they would be making cash hand-over-fist at athletics events to cover the higher bid quote.

The TAC scoreboard? Yep, Pepsi should've been the top advertiser but the powers-that-be didn't see it that way . . . .

Next go 'round, the Tech wish list for the pouring contract should have lots more value than the current one won by Pepsi.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

We are required by law to take the lowest bidder. Pepsi was the lowest bidder. I don't like it but it is what it is, if you wanna blame someone, blame Coke, not Tech.

But hot Pepsi is just awful, THAT is Tech's fault. I sometimes feel like we don't even have enough staff to cover all the things that need to be covered...I'd rather think that than know there are just incompetent imbeciles in charge.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    We are required by law to take the lowest bidder. Pepsi was the lowest bidder. I don't like it but it is what it is, if you wanna blame someone, blame Coke, not Tech.

But hot Pepsi is just awful, THAT is Tech's fault. I sometimes feel like we don't even have enough staff to cover all the things that need to be covered...I'd rather think that than know there are just incompetent imbeciles in charge.
    HIGHEST bidder who met qualifications in this regard...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

There would be less complaints about Pepsi if cold ones were available on demand -

Really wish they would stock Diet Mt Dew also...

It's bottles

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

AND if Tech would consider serving cold Pepsi products instead of hot ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    People might put up with deal if it was actually a cold drink and not lukewarm or hot!

But hot Pepsi is just awful, THAT is Tech's fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    There would be less complaints about Pepsi if cold ones were available on demand
    We got an echo up in here

Contracts can easily be written so that the desired winner is chosen. Please don't believe that lie! I have seen it happen over and over with contracts. TECH may not have done their homework properly, but then that would not be surprising. Anyone related to the concessions debacle should be finding a new career elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Contracts can easily be written so that the desired winner is chosen. Please don't believe that lie! I have seen it happen over and over with contracts. TECH may not have done their homework properly, but then that would not be surprising. Anyone related to the concessions debacle should be finding a new career elsewhere.
    Pour contracts can't...

Like products

You can stipulate cans, bottles, fountain, minimum number of brand families etal -

But not directly coke or pepsi.

If would be thrown out in a heart beat

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    You can stipulate cans, bottles, fountain, minimum number of brand families etal -

But not directly coke or pepsi.

If would be thrown out in a heart beat
    I have seen contracts so specific that there was only 1 acceptable brand. I am not buying that it can't be done. I have had an IBM Thinkpad computer for the past 6 years- and we get them every 2 years. There are tons of computers and even other IBM models and yet that model is the only one that can possibly be selected. It can be done!

+ Reply to Thread