+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C-USA expansion/replacement candidates

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

C-USA expansion/replacement candidates

New news: http://hamptonroads.com/2013/01/odu-...ace-year-early
    Quote Originally Posted by HamptonRoads.com
    New Mexico State and three Sun Belt schools - Western Kentucky, Arkansas State and Georgia State - have been mentioned as potential C-USA expansion candidates.
    It sounds like his source is the Old Dominion AD.

Old news: http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...rence-movement
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun-Sentinel.com
    Sources told the Sun Sentinel that the conference also reached out to Western Kentucky and New Mexico State this week, agreeing, in principal, for those schools to join the league at a later date, most likely after another round of realignment.

C-USA Candidates
    1/2. New Mexico State
    1/2. WKU
    3/4. Arkansas State
    3/4. Georgia State

Last edited by Dawg06; 01-20-2013 at 08:56 PM.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Re: C-USA expansion/replacement candidates

I would rather have had New Mexico State than Middle Finger or either of the F-U's.

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

In the event only one slot opens up, I wonder who they pick. WKU is the more competitive pick, but NMSU has better academics and a larger footprint.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    I would rather have had New Mexico State than Middle Finger or either of the F-U's.
    I strongly support NM State to receive the next C-USA invite.

- NM State televises all of their games through AggieVision, which means they all get picked up by CSN Houston, Altitude, FS Arizona, and/or Comcast New Mexico.
    - NM State has the best basketball program of all the candidates.
    - NM State boasts the best academics of all the potential candidates.
    - NM State isn't a member of the Belch or an FCS call-up.
    - NM State is the perfect travel partner for UTEP as long as UTEP is a member of C-USA.
    - NM State's minor sports like baseball, volleyball, and golf are always very strong.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 01-20-2013 at 11:40 PM.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I strongly support NM State to receive the next C-USA invite.

- NM State televises all of their games through AggieVision, which means they all get picked up by CSN Houston, Altitude, FS Arizona, and/or Comcast New Mexico.
    - NM State has the best basketball program of all the candidates.
    - NM State boasts the best academics of all the potential candidates.
    - NM State isn't a member of the Belch or an FCS call-up.
    - NM State is the perfect travel partner for UTEP as long as UTEP is a member of C-USA.
    - NM State's minor sports like baseball, volleyball, and golf are always very strong.
    I agree.

Very disappointed to see Arkansas State mentioned in the top-4. I don't want to see ull/ulm/asu mentioned. Those are the 3 we need to keep out.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I agree.

Very disappointed to see Arkansas State mentioned in the top-4. I don't want to see ull/ulm/asu mentioned. Those are the 3 we need to keep out.
    This!!!

There's no benefit to LA Tech to re-create the Southland Conference.

I agree.

I was surprised to see Arky State in there, too. I figured Texas State would be ahead of Arky State. Texas State has so many more resources to become a successful program. It looks like we'll have to lose a Texas school or two before Texas State can get an invite.

I was glad to see Georgia State in there.

It looks like Banowsky's plan may be for one school per state except for Texas and Florida. It expands the footprint of the conference, and Texas and Florida are very important because of their population, money, and recruiting.

I think ULL will only get invited to C-USA if we get invited to the Big East. As long as ULL and ULM aren't mentioned, I'm ok with it. I can live with Arky State as a second tier candidate simply because we are running out of alternatives.

Possible replacements further down the road, if necessary:
    - Texas State for UTEP/UTSA/Rice/North Texas
    - South Alabama for UAB
    - La-Lafayette for LaTech
    - James Madison/Liberty for Old Dominion
    - Appalachian State for Charlotte

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

If we can keep USM and Tulsa I still feel pretty good about this conference. If they go, not so much.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I was surprised to see Arky State in there, too. I figured Texas State would be ahead of Arky State. Texas State has so many more resources to become a successful program. It looks like we'll have to lose a Texas school or two before Texas State can get an invite.

I was glad to see Georgia State in there.

It looks like Banowsky's plan may be for one school per state except for Texas and Florida. It expands the footprint of the conference, and Texas and Florida are very important because of their population, money, and recruiting.

I think ULL will only get invited to C-USA if we get invited to the Big East. As long as ULL and ULM aren't mentioned, I'm ok with it. I can live with Arky State as a second tier candidate simply because we are running out of alternatives.

Possible replacements further down the road, if necessary:
    - Texas State for UTEP/UTSA/Rice/North Texas
    - South Alabama for UAB
    - La-Lafayette for LaTech
    - James Madison/Liberty for Old Dominion
    - Appalachian State for Charlotte

Good analysis! This could easily where Banowsky is headed.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I agree.

Mega ditto's

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

I really wish C-USA would go ahead and jump to the 16 team format. It would give us plenty of security from possible defections.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Why buy the cow when you are getting the milk for free?
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdawg View Post
    I really wish C-USA would go ahead and jump to the 16 team format. It would give us plenty of security from possible defections.
    It provides no extra security because like Dwayne just said we can always have those teams. They have no where else to go.

Plus while it is a longshot it leaves room in case a Tulane or Houston wanted to come back.

And finally none of the teams we would pick up would add any significant TV dollars so then you are splitting our already small pie even further.

It just doesn't make sense.

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

It provides no extra security because like Dwayne just said we can always have those teams. They have no where else to go.

Plus while it is a longshot it leaves room in case a Tulane or Houston wanted to come back.

And finally none of the teams we would pick up would add any significant TV dollars so then you are splitting our already small pie even further.

It just doesn't make sense.
    The only way we grow the pie is to stop teams from moving up. We need consolidation on the Non AQ as much or even more than the AQ's.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Why buy the cow when you are getting the milk for free?
    I feel that way about having 14.

I would have preferred dealing with 10/12 for 2013 (depending on Tulane or ECU trying to leave early) and then 11 for 2014 (or I wouldn't have agreed to let ODU join early), and then 12 in 2014 and forward.

As you lose teams, pull in replacements to stick to 12.

+ Reply to Thread