+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Auto Technician in Ruston

Puppy SeminoleDawg has turned a few heads around hereSeminoleDawg has turned a few heads around hereSeminoleDawg has turned a few heads around here

Re: Auto Technician in Ruston

Bad coil. I have a 2003 F150 and just had one go bad on me. Same thing happened 2 years ago. Horrible stuttering over 45 or so. Depending on the year/model, the coils are kind of hard to get to, so you might not have a choice but to take it to someone. I went ahead and got all new spark plugs as well because bad plugs can be the cause of the coil going out.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I bought a used F150 (2001 model). A coil -- not the same one every time -- seemed to go bad about every six months. I finally was advised to change all of them at once. I bit the bullet four years ago and did that, and knock on wood... (well, I'm not even going to speak it.)
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Ford definitely has a problem with their coils.

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

And the final answer?

Puppy otcuff is an unknown

Thanks for all the help. Sending him to Autozone to pull the codes first. He does not have the engine with the coils,he has plug wires.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by otcuff View Post
    Thanks for all the help. Sending him to Autozone to pull the codes first. He does not have the engine with the coils,he has plug wires.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    If check engine light is on, it should have set a diagnostic code. You can go by autozone and let them hook a diagnostic code reader up to your truck (usually no charge) and get the code and that will tell you what may be wrong with it. It may save you some time and money or at least give you a heads up of what is wrong.
    +1

But really, everyone should have an OBDII reader anyway. They aren't expensive, and it is one of the most useful tools you can have for any modern car.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Sounds like it might be a good opportunity to upgrade the ignition system. (That is what I always tell myself when somethingon my car breaks). Upgrade the plugs, coils, and wires and it might feel like a new engine.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

+ Reply to Thread