+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: C-USA Winter Meetings

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

Re: C-USA Winter Meetings

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    So you know of NMSU games that ran on FSH, Comcast, or elsewhere that were not already being picked up by the WAC or the opposing team? Which ones?

Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought Aggie Vision was a production that provided game video to their fans. If a network picks it up, they make a few extra bucks, but it ain't The Longhorn Network
    The game listing on Aggievision's website suggest that they are being produced by AggieVision and not the conference? Dawg06 seems to know everything, maybe he can shed some light on this.

(I agree that if they are getting paid, it isn't much. It may not be anything. The way BVDV made it sound there weren't third-tier rights of any sort available, though. That typically means even free broadcasts like with BYU and BYUtv. That's why I'm curious. What was the third tier situation with the WAC?)
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

NM State uses AggieVision to produce all their games. NM State then sells the games to CSN Houston, Altitude, Altitude 2, FS Arizona, KVIA, My50 TV, Comcast Las Cruces, Comcast New Mexico, and/or ESPN3. It's not internet streaming like Los Angeles Tech Some-Access. It's made for TV. They just don't have their own channel like the LHN.

Bruce's comment didn't make sense to me either. I know that Nevada, Fresno State, Hawai'i, Utah State, and New Mexico State all either produced their own games for television or had local TV stations produce their games for them. Our MBB game tonight was produced by a local Utah TV station. The WAC Sports Network died after Nevada and Fresno State left the conference because the WSN just used the local TV productions from mainly Fresno and Reno. That's why we were almost never on the WSN. If several of the other WAC schools could produce and sell their own games, why couldn't LaTech?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Maybe bdfanatic can explain it for us

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

My guess is that E$PN owns those rights for WAC schools...Benson likely gave everything away to try to keep the E$PN rights fees as high as possible when the last contract was signed.

If that is the case, E$PN must be allowing the games to be produced locally and distributed on the outlets they are on as long as they are also available for e$pn3 and E$PN GamePlan/Full Court. E$PN would likely allow a local TV station to produce Tech games, but a Fox Sports regional network would not be allowed.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I think what should be asked is, "Why hasn't KTBS been producing any of our games and coaches' shows?". Hello LaTech Sports Properties. KTBS has a family of 4 stations (3.1 main ABC, 3.2 weather, 3.3 news, KPXJ CW21).

KTBS is obviously willing to air LaTech games because they were an affiliate of the WAC Sports Network for the couple years it existed. They are currently affiliates of the ACC Network and Southland Network. This afternoon KPXJ aired the VT-Clemson and GT-Wake games. I don't know if it was possible or not under the contract, but maybe we could have encouraged them to air our MBB game against Utah State tonight. If they could air it on Utah cable, then why not on Shreveport cable like when the WSN existed?
    Last edited by Dawg06; 01-27-2013 at 02:04 AM.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I think what should be asked is, "Why hasn't KTBS been producing any of our games and coaches' shows?". Hello LaTech Sports Properties. KTBS has a family of 4 stations (3.1 main ABC, 3.2 weather, 3.3 news, KPXJ CW21).

KTBS is obviously willing to air LaTech games because they were an affiliate of the WAC Sports Network for the couple years it existed. They are currently affiliates of the ACC Network and Southland Network. This afternoon KPXJ aired the VT-Clemson and GT-Wake games. I don't know if it was possible or not under the contract, but maybe we could have encouraged them to air our MBB game against Utah State tonight. If they could air it on Utah cable, then why not on Shreveport cable like when the WSN existed?
    Tech Sports Properties is wonderful.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I think someone MIS-spoke...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I think someone MIS-spoke...
    No...just missing a smilie....

...or two...

Last edited by RealityCheck; 01-27-2013 at 10:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread