+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mountain West discussion

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Mountain West discussion

Hey Dawg06, I have a question, how should we feel about former Belch members that are now part of CUSA?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by counselingdawg View Post
    Hey Dawg06, I have a question, how should we feel about former Belch members that are now part of CUSA?
    I'm not sure what you are asking me.

Champ GrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to all

simple. you treat them with the same respect you would want other CUSA teams to show to Tech. you hope they do well enough to bring value to the conference. and hope that Tech runs up the score when those teams play the bulldogs!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

You are asking 06 to tell you how to feel??

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by GrassyNoleHitman View Post
    simple. you treat them with the same respect you would want other CUSA teams to show to Tech. you hope they do well enough to bring value to the conference. and hope that Tech runs up the score when those teams play the bulldogs!
    This X 100. It is extremely important to all LaTech fans/alumni that C-USA continue to be a competitive, desirable conference. Supporting success top to bottom in C-USA just helps increase the value/equity in our own brand/University.

To that end, I say welcome to the 3 newest members of C-USA...MTSU, FIU, and FAU. Best wishes from this Bulldog fan except when we go head-to-head on the court or field.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I still think we will be pleased with the amount of exposure. Now to your point, obviously you are correct that there are much more viewers per broadcast on ESPN BUT with a second tier contract there will be more total broadcasts with CUSA. Also games on the East Coast and CST are going to have stories written/highlights flashed and scores flashed more often/earlier than those playing in Mountain-Hawaii Time. More opportunities to be seen in more sports. We'll have to see. I still think this is going to be over a $1million swing in our direction.
    There's no debate that C-USA offers significantly more TV money than the WAC. Probably an $800,000 increase in TV revenue.

I'm just saying that we won't be able to accurately compare exposure until our TV schedules and viewership ratings are released. A coach's show on Fox Sports Nola would definitely be a huge improvement. With 16 teams in C-USA next season, who knows how many of our games CBS Sports Network (2nd tier) will even pick up? In the past for C-USA basketball, Memphis got most of the televised games kinda like Boise State football got most of the WAC televised games. It will be interesting to see which C-USA teams get the nationally televised games compared to the regionally televised games going forward.

It will also be interesting to see how our fans react when our first C-USA football and basketball TV schedules are released. We got a preview during the Denver basketball game. Fans were outraged that they couldn't see us play on Root Sports Rocky Mountain because that wasn't real TV. They were angry they couldn't watch the game on ESPN3. It may come as a shock to them that we've played our final conference game on ESPN3 as no C-USA games will be broadcast by ESPN3. A lot of our C-USA games will be on regional sports networks. The folks in Shreveport will be enraged when we play on Fox Sports Nola because they get Fox Sports Southwest on their Comcast cable. The folks in Monroe will be enraged when we play on Fox Sports Southwest because they get Fox Sports Nola in Monroe (I think). I think Fox Sports Nola is a subnetwork of Fox Sports Southwest so it will be interesting to see how those networks work together. Neither Comcast network provides CBS Sports Network with their basic package, but they do get NBC Sports Network which has no FBS programming. Just wait til they announce our first 11:00 AM kickoff. Gonna be interesting.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Wanna see Tech play in football, hoops, whatever sport? Well, we play half our games in Ruston and the other half are spread throughout the region, surely coming to a town near you.

As for me, as part of my New Year's resolution I am weaning myself off of televised sports. I vowed to read more books. I am on my 8th book since January 1st. Of course, right now that means having a game on the tele, the sound muted, book in hand. As I said.....weaning. Not there yet :icon_wink:.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The Monroe Comcast customers will never know what we will be getting. As it stands now we get a mixture of N.O., Houston, Atlanta and Southwest on 2 (sometimes 3) channels.

If anybody gets an awswer from Comcast, please post it.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    There's no debate that C-USA offers significantly more TV money than the WAC. Probably an $800,000 increase in TV revenue.

I'm just saying that we won't be able to accurately compare exposure until our TV schedules and viewership ratings are released. A coach's show on Fox Sports Nola would definitely be a huge improvement. With 16 teams in C-USA next season, who knows how many of our games CBS Sports Network (2nd tier) will even pick up? In the past for C-USA basketball, Memphis got most of the televised games kinda like Boise State football got most of the WAC televised games. It will be interesting to see which C-USA teams get the nationally televised games compared to the regionally televised games going forward.

It will also be interesting to see how our fans react when our first C-USA football and basketball TV schedules are released. We got a preview during the Denver basketball game. Fans were outraged that they couldn't see us play on Root Sports Rocky Mountain because that wasn't real TV. They were angry they couldn't watch the game on ESPN3. It may come as a shock to them that we've played our final conference game on ESPN3 as no C-USA games will be broadcast by ESPN3. A lot of our C-USA games will be on regional sports networks. The folks in Shreveport will be enraged when we play on Fox Sports Nola because they get Fox Sports Southwest on their Comcast cable. The folks in Monroe will be enraged when we play on Fox Sports Southwest because they get Fox Sports Nola in Monroe (I think). I think Fox Sports Nola is a subnetwork of Fox Sports Southwest so it will be interesting to see how those networks work together. Neither Comcast network provides CBS Sports Network with their basic package, but they do get NBC Sports Network which has no FBS programming. Just wait til they announce our first 11:00 AM kickoff. Gonna be interesting.
    SEC fans have been living with 11 a.m. games for years. Our fans are going to have to adjust.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    As for me, as part of my New Year's resolution I am weaning myself off of televised sports. I vowed to read more books. I am on my 8th book since January 1st. Of course, right now that means having a game on the tele, the sound muted, book in hand. As I said.....weaning. Not there yet :icon_wink:.
    The key to more books is the Kindle Fire. Since my wife got me one for Christmas 2011, I bet I've read close to 100 books, seriously not exaggerating, and the vast majority for free. The ebook is one of my favorite inventions.

One of my favorites was Ben Franklin's autobiography and I'm currently reading Mark Twain's "Life on the Mississippi", of course, they were free.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    The key to more books is the Kindle Fire. Since my wife got me one for Christmas 2011, I bet I've read close to 100 books, seriously not exaggerating, and the vast majority for free. The ebook is one of my favorite inventions.

One of my favorites was Ben Franklin's autobiography and I'm currently reading Mark Twain's "Life on the Mississippi", of course, they were free.
    No books on baseball?
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post

I don't disagree with you.

I just guess you can't please everyone. I loved having that game on ROOT. Would much rather watch it on TV than the internet. Tech/CUSA fans need to buy the sports pack so they get every FOX network. It's a great value if you are a college basketball fan.

Then again after about 5 minutes I was wishing that game wasn't on TV at all.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    No books on baseball?
    Ha ha...Thanks Joey for reminding me. Into softball now with my 8-yr old baby girl Hope to see ya'll in Austin at the Regional.

I recently read Josh Hamilton's book. Gonna make my boy read it.

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    Ha ha...Thanks Joey for reminding me. Into softball now with my 8-yr old baby girl Hope to see ya'll in Austin at the Regional.

I recently read Josh Hamilton's book. Gonna make my boy read it.
    They need to add a chapter at the end about not trying, not hustling and letting your team mates and fans down. Then when they boo you for your lazy effort you tell the media they just don't get it because DFW is a football town and not a baseball town.

Sorry. Venting. I was that guys biggest supporter until last year. Now I'm so glad he's gone.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    They need to add a chapter at the end about not trying, not hustling and letting your team mates and fans down. Then when they boo you for your lazy effort you tell the media they just don't get it because DFW is a football town and not a baseball town.

Sorry. Venting. I was that guys biggest supporter until last year. Now I'm so glad he's gone.
    He did not handle himself well in the end. The Rangers took a chance on him and baby sat him for years.

+ Reply to Thread