+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mountain West discussion

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Mountain West discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    They need to add a chapter at the end about not trying, not hustling and letting your team mates and fans down. Then when they boo you for your lazy effort you tell the media they just don't get it because DFW is a football town and not a baseball town.

Sorry. Venting. I was that guys biggest supporter until last year. Now I'm so glad he's gone.
    I hear ya and agree and am glad he's gone too. But, the book still has a valuable lesson for a teenage boy.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    He did not handle himself well in the end. The Rangers took a chance on him and baby sat him for years.
    I actually think the Rangers got their money's worth out of him. And, only gave up Volquez (sp?) to get him. I'm interested in who the Rangers pick in the MLB draft with the compensatory pick they got for losing Hamilton. It's the 30th overall pick, not that great.

I love the way John Daniels refuses to overpay for star talent, although, I'm seriously worried about all the cash he threw down on Yu. Looking good so far.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    I actually think the Rangers got their money's worth out of him. And, only gave up Volquez (sp?) to get him. I'm interested in who the Rangers pick in the MLB draft with the compensatory pick they got for losing Hamilton. It's the 30th overall pick, not that great.

I love the way John Daniels refuses to overpay for star talent, although, I'm seriously worried about all the cash he threw down on Yu. Looking good so far.
    I think Yu is going to breakout into a Cy Young candidate this year or next. But yeah that was a lot of money.

What is interesting about Daniels and his refusal to overpay and stick with his plan of stocking the minor league system is that Nolan and Ownership gave him the green light to spend all that money this offseason and he chose not to on his own. Amazing restraint. I think he's a damn good GM. If we can just stay within striking distance until the trade deadline I think he'll bring in 1 or even 2 Big Names to help take the Division during the 2nd half.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    I hear ya and agree and am glad he's gone too. But, the book still has a valuable lesson for a teenage boy.
    I'm with you and I agree. Again, I was just venting. Still mad at him for jogging when he should have been sprinting, LAZY at bats and tons of excuses. Good riddance.

Excited to see some of the kids play. Wanna see Profar and Olt get a lot of at bats this year. Profar is a freak. No fear whatsoever. Homerun in his first major league at bat. Then he comes up with the playoffs on the line and he comes through. Amazing for a 19 year old.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

ESPN purchased the rights to all Boise State home football games. Don't know the price tag.

The MW's second tier deal with ESPN includes 16 football games and 31 basketball games.

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    ESPN purchased the rights to all Boise State home football games. Don't know the price tag.
    Boise State's games were included with the ESPN 2nd-tier arrangement. I don't think there was an extra price tag for it. Six BSU home games plus 16 other games.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

+ Reply to Thread