+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Spirit of Louisiana

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs Up The Spirit of Louisiana

This is a good story with pictures of a part of Louisiana and the unique food and lifestyle of the people in the Atchafalaya river area as well as the area below New Orleans. Click full screen and turn up the speakers. Enjoy!

Whether you are from here or want to visit, I think you will enjoy
    Watching it.*

But be careful, you WILL feel a great desire to come to Louisiana after
    seeing it.*

Click here: Atchafalaya National Heritage Area

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ENMyllgT2FY

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: The Spirit of Louisiana

Cool, but

*hijack*

made me too hungry.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    This is a good story with pictures of a part of Louisiana and the unique food and lifestyle of the people in the Atchafalaya river area as well as the area below New Orleans. Click full screen and turn up the speakers. Enjoy!

Whether you are from here or want to visit, I think you will enjoy
    Watching it.*

But be careful, you WILL feel a great desire to come to Louisiana after
    seeing it.*

Click here: Atchafalaya National Heritage Area

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ENMyllgT2FY
    Great video!

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Good stuff Tyler!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Nice video. Now I want some Gumbo.

Quick question: Do they really have Black Bears in the Atchafalaya Basin? Not sure that part is accurate.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

Quick question: Do they really have Black Bears in the Atchafalaya Basin? Not sure that part is accurate.
    Maybe they are coming back, but most range maps don't show them being present in Louisiana.

Varsity Bulldog Loftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her game

Yes, the Basin is one of two strongholds remaining for the La Black Bear, the other being Tensas.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

There are also black bears in two areas of north Louisiana. But, the wildlife folks don't like to publicize it too much out of fear some redneck will try to go shoot 'em. These populations are not "strongholds" and their continued existence is very much in jeopardy.

We also have Bald Eagles in Louisiana. A family of 'em have taken up residence along the Red River. I have seen a mating pair flying high overhead several times.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

Yes we do. As a kid growing up in New Orleans, I remember my lawyer neighbor across the street killing one in the basin and bringing it home to stuff.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Yes we do. As a kid growing up in New Orleans, I remember my lawyer neighbor across the street killing one in the basin and bringing it home to stuff.
    Do you remember what kind of dressing he used to stuff it with?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

We are to the point of needing to open a season on the Black Bear in Louisiana. They already have a season in Arkansas. I have been told that we have not opened a season yet because they are being taken illegally in the Rapides Parish area. Not sure why that matters, but what I was told. I do know that they've become over populated in NE La and are fearless of humans. That's never a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Do you remember what kind of dressing he used to stuff it with?
    I can barely remember.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Played golf in Delhi at . . . the Black Bear course . . . and, yes, we saw some cubs.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

read some of the comments on the video, have to agree, not sure where they got that guy from but otherwise real nice

+ Reply to Thread