+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: W. Basketball. Lady Techsters Travel to UALR

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Basketball. Lady Techsters Travel to UALR

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech will step out of league play Wednesday night when the Lady Techsters travel north to face Sun Belt Conference foe UALR at 7 p.m. at the Jack Stephens Center.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: W. Basketball. Lady Techsters Travel to UALR

OMG!

about a month ago, during a rainstorm, I saw a car lose control and go skidding toward some stopped vehicles. Nothing I could do...so I covered my eyes and waited for the kaboom!

That's the way I feel right now....gonna cover my eyes and hope we don't get kaboomed in LR.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

I just keep watching the prior game film and I really think it starts inside with our issues.
    We have talent in the post area but they are not sealing their defender long enough. The moment I am talking about could be less than a second but at any rate it is giving that appearance of open and then it isn't by the time the pass gets there.

This is a good team that is playing bad right now and it isn't everyone playing bad it is just not everyone on the same page.

I also want to say sorry to Jelena father. I know we can be really critical at times on here but please don't take any of the comments personal when people post about this being a bad team. They don't mean to be rude but it can come off that way.

You have conducted yourself on here with complete style and grace and I just wanted to comment that it has not gone without being noticed.

Keys to tonight
    offense
    15 or less turnovers
    40% from the field
    70% from the FT line
    Crash the boards on both ends (we need at least 10 offensive rebounds)

Defense
    force 10 or more turnovers
    35% FG % or less
    keep them off the charity stripe
    limit second chance points (10 or less offensive rebounds)

Most important key
    BELIEVE

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    I just keep watching the prior game film and I really think it starts inside with our issues.
    We have talent in the post area but they are not sealing their defender long enough. The moment I am talking about could be less than a second but at any rate it is giving that appearance of open and then it isn't by the time the pass gets there.

This is a good team that is playing bad right now and it isn't everyone playing bad it is just not everyone on the same page.

I also want to say sorry to Jelena father. I know we can be really critical at times on here but please don't take any of the comments personal when people post about this being a bad team. They don't mean to be rude but it can come off that way.

You have conducted yourself on here with complete style and grace and I just wanted to comment that it has not gone without being noticed.

Keys to tonight
    offense
    15 or less turnovers
    40% from the field
    70% from the FT line
    Crash the boards on both ends (we need at least 10 offensive rebounds)

Defense
    force 10 or more turnovers
    35% FG % or less
    keep them off the charity stripe
    limit second chance points (10 or less offensive rebounds)

Most important key
    BELIEVE
    Good post!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

UALR's men and women play hard at home. Gonna be a tough one for the Techsters.

Varsity Bulldog DawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

[QUOTE=philgarris;1332820]I just keep watching the prior game film and I really think it starts inside with our issues.

UM... your post is like "coaching 101 - ways to win"
    Really? 15 or less turnovers?
    Crash the boards?
    Force turnovers?
    Keep them off the charity stripe?

These are WAYS TO WIN any game. And as far as BELIEVE goes, I think you and Champ are the only ones smoking the funny stuff. You challenge folks to come up with "ways to correct the problem" and then you suggest some generic bull that they should be doing anyway...

How about we hire a head coach with head coaching experience to run our once-proud program? That's my solution to this rubbish. We have the talent. We have the spirit. We have the support.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

These are WAYS TO WIN any game. And as far as BELIEVE goes, I think you and Champ are the only ones smoking the funny stuff. You challenge folks to come up with "ways to correct the problem" and then you suggest some generic bull that they should be doing anyway...

How about we hire a head coach with head coaching experience to run our once-proud program? That's my solution to this rubbish. We have the talent. We have the spirit. We have the support.
    I am only speaking for myself, but I don't think we need a new Head Coach. We have a name coach, one that HATES losing, one that is one of the best players ever to wear a Techster uniform, and a VERY motivational person. She can recruit and she can coach. My belief is that she needs help. She needs a great Assistant (like all successful programs have) that can coach positions, break down film, and help implement game plans. If Spoon had that, we would have the name and the power to get top talent and win games.

Again, you can say that I am just drinking the kool aide, but this is just MY opinion.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

[QUOTE=DawgGoneMad;1332914]

UM... your post is like "coaching 101 - ways to win"
    Really? 15 or less turnovers?
    Crash the boards?
    Force turnovers?
    Keep them off the charity stripe?

Wow bet you were voted brightest of your class!!!!!!!!!
    if we do those things we have a good chance to win.
    That is simple.

There will be no coaching change before tonights game and probably not the rest of this season so until there is there is NOTHING that is going to happen on getting in a coach that has head coaching experience.

I know that is rather hard for you to understand so I will say it AGAIN "There will be no coaching change before tonights game and probably not the rest of this season so until there is there is NOTHING that is going to happen on getting in a coach that has head coaching experience."

Sad that you have given up on this team and these kids because when you say you don't believe they have a chance then you are saying you give up. I will never give up on them or any program at Louisiana Tech.

Gault is their top scorer but unlike last year she is having a more difficult time getting her points due to the loss of Kursh inside. She is a threat to shoot the three as well as slash to the goal. She is quality player but needs to be made to shoot off the dribble.

We have to limit her touches, they are a balanced team but she is the only double figure scorer they have.

Ford leads their team in turnovers so we need to keep the ball in her hands and make her make decisions.

We have to keep Clark off the offensive boards she is quick forward that will battle for position she is not tall 5'11 but she has good athletic ability and works hard for offensive rebounds.

Gault is their top scorer but unlike last year she is having a more difficult time getting her points due to the loss of Kursh inside. She is a threat to shoot the three as well as slash to the goal. She is quality player but needs to be made to shoot off the dribble.

We have to limit her touches, they are a balanced team but she is the only double figure scorer they have.

Ford leads their team in turnovers so we need to keep the ball in her hands and make her make decisions.

We have to keep Clark off the offensive boards she is quick forward that will battle for position she is not tall 5'11 but she has good athletic ability and works hard for offensive rebounds.
    We have done well guarding outside shooters. I think Spoon's tenacity as a defensive player has shown in our guards. I do worry about our inside game. We need our post/forwards to really step up. Anderson shows the muscle, but gets in foul trouble and sometimes is not quick enough. We need her on offense for this game, though. We just have to stop the slashers and that is going to take Frazier, who is very quick and has length.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I am only speaking for myself, but I don't think we need a new Head Coach. We have a name coach, one that HATES losing, one that is one of the best players ever to wear a Techster uniform, and a VERY motivational person. She can recruit and she can coach. My belief is that she needs help. She needs a great Assistant (like all successful programs have) that can coach positions, break down film, and help implement game plans. If Spoon had that, we would have the name and the power to get top talent and win games.

Again, you can say that I am just drinking the kool aide, but this is just MY opinion.
    Maybe we could intice Chris Long into coming back as the lead assistant. Leon spoke highly of his ability. I am kidding. Champion110 says that the current head coach can recruit and she can coach. Show me the results. Turnovers after turnovers and failure after failure at the freethrow line, no rhyme or reason to substitution patterns, and can't seem to settle on a starting lineup with the season over half done. The team is struggling direly in the worst WAC since Tech joined the conference. Beware of the alligators, Champion110. They are there, you just can't seem to see them. This is just my opinion based on my observations and not on my wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    Maybe we could intice Chris Long into coming back as the lead assistant. Leon spoke highly of his ability. I am kidding. Champion110 says that the current head coach can recruit and she can coach. Show me the results. Turnovers after turnovers and failure after failure at the freethrow line, no rhyme or reason to substitution patterns, and can't seem to settle on a starting lineup with the season over half done. The team is struggling direly in the worst WAC since Tech joined the conference. Beware of the alligators, Champion110. They are there, you just can't seem to see them. This is just my opinion based on my observations and not on my wishes.
    I agree with the symptom, just not the cause. :icon_wink:

Varsity Bulldog DawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

[QUOTE=philgarris;1332926]
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgGoneMad View Post

Wow bet you were voted brightest of your class!!!!!!!!!
    if we do those things we have a good chance to win.
    That is simple.

There will be no coaching change before tonights game and probably not the rest of this season so until there is there is NOTHING that is going to happen on getting in a coach that has head coaching experience.

I know that is rather hard for you to understand so I will say it AGAIN "There will be no coaching change before tonights game and probably not the rest of this season so until there is there is NOTHING that is going to happen on getting in a coach that has head coaching experience."

Sad that you have given up on this team and these kids because when you say you don't believe they have a chance then you are saying you give up. I will never give up on them or any program at Louisiana Tech.
    Continue accepting mediocrity.... it's obviously getting us places. This Techster team hasn't earned my belief. Mostly because they don't seem to believe in themselves. You don't deserve Techster respect just because you throw on a uniform. You earn it. And this team has not. It's insult to all those who have come before them and a sad excuse for a once reputable program.

If this girls need "fans" belief in them to play good ball, then they should have gone to a different school. This is blue-collar, work your tail off Louisiana Tech - we don't hand out anything. We work for it. And until these girls work 40minutes for it, I refuse to accept loses to NMSU and this other garbage. And if that offends some of the girls, again, they should have gone to a different school where they hand out awards for hitting your free throws.

This is Louisiana Tech. And this team is not made of Techsters UNTIL THEY EARN IT.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

The last good defensive team we played was Seattle!
    That game will be forever etched in my memory...
    Let's hope they learned from that game and come out ready to play tonight in LR!
    Go Techsters...

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

90 minutes to tip. I'm having a hard time getting excited for this.

Somebody encourage me to pay money to see this game.

+ Reply to Thread