+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bicknell's New Home

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Bicknell's New Home

Coaching offensive line for my favorite pro team.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...176/index.html

I guess this fits here given Jack's former connection with the DAWGS. Mods feel free to move if necessary.

Bulldog GoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her game

Re: Bicknell's New Home

Good for Bick! Not the best HC we've ever had, but always liked the guy. Congrats coach!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The most important part:

Bicknell snapped the ball to Doug Flutie on the famous last-second touchdown pass that beat Miami in 1984.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2JPH4dl2B

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The most important part:

Bicknell snapped the ball to Doug Flutie on the famous last-second touchdown pass that beat Miami in 1984.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2JPH4dl2B
    o.k-- that is funniest post in a while-- granted it is an inside joke but pretty damn funny!!

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgs13 View Post
    Good for Bick! Not the best HC we've ever had, but always liked the guy. Congrats coach!
    we have a lot of folks who never gave him credit for playing the hand he was dealt. Beat Alabama twice. In back to back years so not taking us for granted-- We played USC- Alabama -Florida State -Am -all in same yr and Nebraska AAuburn Arkansas-S Carolina-Tenn --all those "money games" --43-52 record with deck seriously stacked against him. He would come to Shreveport every Friday before games-- took a lot of crud from know it alls. Once it was only Bennie-me and 1 other person at luncheon ( ralph and Cacoos) -- I have nothing but respect for the guy and wish him well--

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

He did not beat BAMA twice. But he did play a lot of money games.

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Good for Bick!

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Bick was not ready when Tech stuck him in HC position here. We were still not supporting Football financially, etc. as we should have for years. Bicknell has probably learned a lot from that and since in his progression in coaching ranks and pay to where now we would never be able to get a guy like that with more experience and money.

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

JOakes...that's all I'm going to say about that period!

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Good guy, never really complained about the hand he was dealt, especially in any way like he could have. I have always wished him success.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Agree with you guys about his "hand that was dealt", especially when we paid him $200K, fired him, and hired DD at $400K with a bigger assistants' pay budget. Damn, he couldn't keep a defensive coordinator, one quit 2 weeks before the season started (as I recall, which ain't too sharp these days).

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Just to remind some of you, Jack was not stuck with the HC job. He applied and was interviewd by JO. Other on the staff at that time to apply and interview were Counque (left to be HC Arkansas ST), Jackson, and Fou (left to be HC at SELA). I don't recall any outside canidates, but when Jack got the job EVERYONE was surprised because of his lack of experiance and his age. Yes, he did do better than the hand he was delt, but don't talk about it as if he was forced to do something he never wanted to do.

I wish him success with the Steelers.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I agree with you, Poisso. I don't wish anything bad on Bicknell, but I couldn't stand his attitude. He would lose games, then in his postgame show, he would tell us that we basically needed to get used to it. I never understood how a head coach could have that attitude. If I recall correctly, he was hired because Rattay was entering his senior year and we wanted to keep the staff intact after Crowton left suddenly to take the OC job with the Bears.

I hope it goes well for him in Pittsburgh, but I'm glad he isn't in Ruston anymore.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I agree with you, Poisso. I don't wish anything bad on Bicknell, but I couldn't stand his attitude. He would lose games, then in his postgame show, he would tell us that we basically needed to get used to it. I never understood how a head coach could have that attitude. If I recall correctly, he was hired because Rattay was entering his senior year and we wanted to keep the staff intact after Crowton left suddenly to take the OC job with the Bears.

I hope it goes well for him in Pittsburgh, but I'm glad he isn't in Ruston anymore.

Well he's coming to a team with a lot of problems. We got a new offensive coordinator this past year who really messed up Pittsburgh, Todd Haley. Under Haley's guidance we went from a team with a very strong down field passing game to a dink and dunk offense that fools nobody. In addition, he so messed up the clubhouse that he turned a team that had always had very good coherence into a bunch of squabbling non-team players. And oh, by the way, I think Haley also believes that half time adjustments are of no use! So Jackie boy should fit in real well here!

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Stray, I was a student equipment manager during that time. That may have been the reason indicated, but he was also willing to take less money, and it was said that his name would help bring up Tech in the college football world. Every time I hear he was hired to keep the staff the same for Tim's Sr. year, I have to laugh a little consider we lost two coaches because Jack was hired. Was almost more, but they were begged to stay.

He was a hot tempered, young O-Line coach when I started in '97. His first year as a HC rode on the back of Crowton's players. His first year with his recruiting class...let’s just say he lost his temper with everyone and everything (including a locker and the locker won). He was quick to do what he was told by JO, and quick to yell at anyone he thought was screwing up. I left the program in '00, still heard about what was going on from friends who were still there. Jack went from always angry to angry and complacent. His “half-time adjustments are over-rated” comment was the prime example of this.
    It seems that his time since he left Tech have been good to him. It will be interesting to see him coaching for the Steelers.

+ Reply to Thread