Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
My most vivid memory was 2008 when we were winning 31-14 late in the third, and then Kaep led three unanswered TD-scoring drives to beat us 35-31. We actually did a good job containing him on the ground that game, but he crushed us through the air. When UofH started their comeback in Ruston in 2011, I immediately started having flashbacks to the 2008 Nevada game. Fortunately, we ended up getting our revenge on both opponents in 2011 and 2012, and our comeback win at Nevada in 2011 was far more impressive than what Kaep did to us in 2008.
I remember that 2008 Nevada comeback. It honestly made me sick to my stomach. I felt like LA Tech --with help from the stupid WAC refs-- flushed a huge opportunity down the toilet. After Nevada's last score --and with the clock still running-- I was literally so pissed, I walked out of the JOE, got in my car and drove non-stop all the way back to Dallas. I never do that. I usually stay and visit with people, etc... But not that day. That Nevada game --and the 2011 Houston comeback-- are the two worst experiences I've ever had at the JOE.