+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most vivid memory of Kaepernick vs. Tech football

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Most vivid memory of Kaepernick vs. Tech football

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    My most vivid memory was 2008 when we were winning 31-14 late in the third, and then Kaep led three unanswered TD-scoring drives to beat us 35-31. We actually did a good job containing him on the ground that game, but he crushed us through the air. When UofH started their comeback in Ruston in 2011, I immediately started having flashbacks to the 2008 Nevada game. Fortunately, we ended up getting our revenge on both opponents in 2011 and 2012, and our comeback win at Nevada in 2011 was far more impressive than what Kaep did to us in 2008.
    I remember that 2008 Nevada comeback. It honestly made me sick to my stomach. I felt like LA Tech --with help from the stupid WAC refs-- flushed a huge opportunity down the toilet. After Nevada's last score --and with the clock still running-- I was literally so pissed, I walked out of the JOE, got in my car and drove non-stop all the way back to Dallas. I never do that. I usually stay and visit with people, etc... But not that day. That Nevada game --and the 2011 Houston comeback-- are the two worst experiences I've ever had at the JOE.

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Not a memory, but thought folks might find this tweet interesting

ESPN Stats & Info‏@ESPNStatsInfo:

Colin Kaepernick has thrown for 230+ yards in each of last 4 games, the longest streak by a 49ers QB since Tim Rattay in 2004 (5 games).

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

When we played aTm this year and I watched Johnny Football.....my first thought was...is this guy related to Kaepernick????

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Dec. 4, 2010 at The Joe.
    No. 14 Nevada rolls in to play the 5-6 LA Tech Bulldogs in the season finale.
    Wolfpack ahead 21-17 with just over 14 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

4th and 8 at the Tech 28, Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick takes the shotgun snap and prepares to pass. He is rushed and begins a phenomenal scramble.

From the archives:

On Kaepernick's fourth-down score, Ault called for a screen pass to Vai Taua, who tripped over a defender. Kaepernick, whose elusiveness gave the Bulldogs fits all afternoon, rolled away from pressure and sprinted into the open along the sideline. Just when it looked like he'd ease out of bounds for the first down, he cut inside and outran the pursuit to make it 28-17 in the fourth quarter.
    "That last touchdown run he made when he scrambled on fourth down was unbelievable. That is what he does for us. He makes plays. That's what his legs do for us. He has done that throughout his career here. He is a pretty special guy," Nevada coach Chris Ault said.

"I had to scramble around and make a play. After scrambling aroun a couple of seconds, it was amazing, the play just opened up and the hole was there," Kaepernick said.

That move, faking the ease out of bounds for the first down, and planting his foot at the sideline and cutting back to the endzone is one of the most clever scrambles I've seen.

I remember that play and still get pissed when I see him and other quarterbacks do it. If our players had continued to play full speed and hit him, we'd have had a personal foul penalty which would have given him a first down. By letting up because he pretends he's running out of bounds, of course the whole is going to open up. I hope he gets his ass knocked off today.

+ Reply to Thread