+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M. Basketball. Open Letter from Bulldog Head Coach Michael White

Varsity Bulldog aggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud of aggiedawg's Avatar

Letter from Coach White

Just received this in my student email:

Dear Louisiana Tech Fans,

When I accepted the head coaching position at Louisiana Tech almost two full years ago, I did my research not only on the school and the community, but on the Bulldog basketball program as well.

I was confident that with the support from the administration, the right mix of talented and high-character student-athletes, and an outstanding group of assistant coaches and support staff, we could return Bulldog Basketball to the winning tradition of the days of Mike Green, Karl Malone and PJ Brown.

Last year’s team laid a solid foundation with 18 wins and the impressive run to the WAC Tournament title game in Las Vegas. This year’s team is now framing the house as YOUR Bulldogs are 18-3 and undefeated in Western Athletic Conference play through the midway point of the league season.

However, the construction of an NCAA Tournament-caliber team is far from complete. We know that there is plenty of room for improvement, and we are continuing to work hard every day in practice. We want to make YOU proud each and every time we take the court.

With 10 games remaining in the regular season, we need the help of every Louisiana Tech fan … and even those in our community who might have never been to a Bulldog basketball game. Whether you are a die-hard Bulldog Basketball fan or not, I’m asking that you come out and support this outstanding group of young men for our remaining six home games.

It’s imperative that we continue to make the Thomas Assembly Center a true home-court advantage. We’ve already taken some steps in the right direction this year. The attendance has increased each of the past two home games, but it is now time to take the game-day atmosphere to another level.

That is only going to happen if this entire community – along with the Louisiana Tech student body – comes out in full force to cheer on this team. We not only want you in the seats, but we want you to get LOUD and be PROUD.

Your Bulldogs are riding a 10-game winning streak, tied for the third longest in the entire country. Your Bulldogs are receiving points in both the Associated Press and the USA Today/Coaches Top 25 polls. And most importantly, your Bulldogs are in first place in the conference standings with nine WAC games remaining.

I won’t guarantee that we will win every game. I can guarantee that YOUR Bulldogs will give every ounce of energy they have to represent you and our University in a first-class manner. You will enjoy your experience at the Thomas Assembly Center, and you can be a big part of our success down the stretch.

We have six more home games starting this Saturday night when we put our 12-game home court winning streak on the line at 7 p.m. against UT Arlington.

Make your plans now! Wear blue. Get on your feet. Be loud. Be proud. Be Bulldog strong. Provide the home-court advantage that we need, and show the Western Athletic Conference who has the best basketball fans around.

For ticket information, call 318-257-3631, email techtickets@latech.edu or log onto www.LATechSports.com.

#WeAreLATech

Mike White
    Head Coach
    Louisiana Tech Bulldogs

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: Letter from Coach White

Great email, I would replace "your" with "our".

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Man this guy "GETS IT"!

The last coach to get this involved was Russo.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Outstanding, now that's an extremely cost-effective promotion for the game. It needs a wider distribution to the community and to alumni. How about posting Coach White's e-mail on the forum which gets the most traffic - football?

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

Good letter by coach White!

I wonder if he is interested in being a coach and an AD like Dooley? White gets a raise and we get rid of BVD - win-win.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Great letter. Thanks COACH!

Bulldog changdawg04 is a jewel in the roughchangdawg04 is a jewel in the roughchangdawg04 is a jewel in the roughchangdawg04 is a jewel in the roughchangdawg04 is a jewel in the roughchangdawg04 is a jewel in the roughchangdawg04 is a jewel in the roughchangdawg04 is a jewel in the roughchangdawg04 is a jewel in the roughchangdawg04 is a jewel in the roughchangdawg04 is a jewel in the rough changdawg04's Avatar

Great letter! I can't make any home games, but by God I'll be at the Seattle U game Loud, Proud and Blue!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Love the letter!

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Great email, I would replace "your" with "our".
    Wouldn't that allow the reader to disassociate from ownership in the program? "Our" could mean "mine and yours" but it could also mean "mine and others" (not you), but "Your" means you...

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

M. Basketball. Open Letter from Bulldog Head Coach Michael White

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

When I accepted the head coaching position at Louisiana Tech almost two full years ago, I did my research not only on the school and the community, but on the Bulldog basketball program as well.

More...

Discuss it here.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

He is the care taker of the program which belongs to us...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    Outstanding, now that's an extremely cost-effective promotion for the game. It needs a wider distribution to the community and to alumni. How about posting Coach White's e-mail on the forum which gets the most traffic - football?
    It was printed in the Ruston Daily Leader today.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Re: M. Basketball. Open Letter from Bulldog Head Coach Michael White

I got it today at work. It appears to have gone out to all LTAC members.

Puppy bskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of light

I saw it on Tech's Facebook page.

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sold!!

+ Reply to Thread