+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: We have a DC apparently!

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

We have a DC apparently!

BleedTechBlue.com ‏@BleedTechBlue
    #LATech has hired Sam Houston State def. coordinator Scott Stoker as its DC. Stoker is also the former head coach at #NWST.@coachingsearch

Varsity Bulldog dawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nicedawg gone it is just really nice dawg gone it's Avatar

Re: We have a DC apparently!

ABOUT TIME! Hopefully this will turn out to be a great hire. Very impressed with this coaching staff SH has put together

Big Dog BOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the rough

Outstanding news!!!....

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

GREAT hire!!!!!!!!!!!! This gets me really excited about next year!

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

A dc with coaching skills. Excellent choice. And TX ties? Great.

Big Dog latechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the rough

He was definitely on the top of my hopeful list.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Great! we haven't had a DC for several years now....

Stoker is a good coach. The biggest complaint against him while HC at NSU was his apparent lack of "social graces." Least, that's what I hear. Who cares anyway? Just give me a head-knocking defense!

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Great! we haven't had a DC for several years now....

Stoker is a good coach. The biggest complaint against him while HC at NSU was his apparent lack of "social graces." Least, that's what I hear. Who cares anyway? Just give me a head-knocking defense!

I think that is a big plus. The best coaches I ever had were the ones that were not afraid to get up in your grill and piss you off every now and then and did not give a crap about what the fans thought, i.e., did not play politics - they played football and played it well and that was all they focused on.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Stoker is a good coach. The biggest complaint against him while HC at NSU was his apparent lack of "social graces."
    Wore his cap indoors?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Okay....I can see where this is going.

To further explain, Stoker wasn't as active in the community and wasn't as "approachable" as some thought a head football coach of the local college should be. He was (is?) blunt and to the point too. Well, he's not HC for us. He can leave the glad-handing and "meet and greets" to Skip. I want a defensive coach who is a mean SOB (in a football-kind-of-way).

But, even his detractors think he's a good football coach. Guess we'll find out.

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

I like his experience being a DC on a team that runs a high tempo offense. I was really concerned when we hired Holtz, but he has put together a really good spread-oriented staff.

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Okay....I can see where this is going.

To further explain, Stoker wasn't as active in the community and wasn't as "approachable" as some thought a head football coach of the local college should be. He was (is?) blunt and to the point too. Well, he's not HC for us. He can leave the glad-handing and "meet and greets" to Skip. I want a defensive coach who is a mean SOB (in a football-kind-of-way).

But, even his detractors think he's a good football coach. Guess we'll find out.

Damn straight, I want a DC who drinks tea out of a glass, not a cup :

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Wore his cap indoors?

Backwards...

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Wore his cap indoors?
    Seriously, folks. Don't care if the man can coach or recruit. What's important here is whether the man practices good hygiene and wears a hat properly. I will reserve judgement until we get some intel on these aspects.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

I was apprehensive about the Holtz hire for a few reasons, but he has continued to impress since his hire. This staff has shaped up well, and I think we are in good hands. We have a great mix, and I am very happy with how this has turned out. I hope the next couple of days shake out well for recruiting too. Great job Coach Holtz and staff.

+ Reply to Thread