+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Old Tulane Stadium

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Old Tulane Stadium

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--th...192730482.html

Can't really appreciate it unless you grew up attending games there. But, as anyone can see, it had quite a history.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Re: Old Tulane Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--th...192730482.html

Can't really appreciate it unless you grew up attending games there. But, as anyone can see, it had quite a history.
    Agreed!! Grew up in a town of 4500 people, walked out on Tulane Stadium field in 1960 to a crowd of 10K+ and almost wet my pants!! Never will forget that.

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

I saw a Sugar Bowl (Oklahoma/Penn State), a Super Bowl (Pittsburgh/Minnesota) and one regular season Saints game against Pittsburgh (guess who the qb was for the Steelers) in that grand ole Lady.

I never had a bad seat, because there weren't any bad seats in the stadium. My worst seat was in the upper level of the endzone for the Superbowl, but it wasn't bad. My personal opinion is that it was a much better venue to see a football game than the Superdome, but then I never had to watch a game during the heat of the late summer or early fall.

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Went to a ZZ-Top concert there in my senior year of high school. It was an experience.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Saw Tulane beat LSU there in 1973. So you say, big deal. Tulane thought so, it was the first time they bear LSU since 1948. French Quarter was rockin that night.

+ Reply to Thread