+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rob Ryan new Saints DC

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Rob Ryan new Saints DC

Man I'm not too thrilled with this hire if true at all.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Just like I don't think Spagnolo was as bad as this season made him out to be, I'd like to think Rob Ryan has the chance to have success in the right situation with the right players.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Freak show has landed in NO...

Don't like it
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Just goes to show you, while Payton is a great coach, no one is perfect. I don't like this choice. But, if it's to be, I hope and pray the long-haired one proves to be a good DC. Sure hasn't shown it yet.

Well, 'cept wasn't he at Cleveland and beat the Saints some 3 or 4 years ago with an awesome defensive gameplan? Think that was his doing.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

My problem with Ryan when he was in Dallas was he seemed to be disorganized. There were way too many times the defense looked confused and had too many or too few players on the field. Payton won't put up with that like Garrett did so that may not be a problem in NO. I also didn't like the fact that they showed him on TV more than the head coach.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Ryan has not been hired as the DC. As usual, Adam Schefter tweeted a rumor that he heard and attributed it to "league sources", but he jumped the gun.

Sean Payton was on Mike & Mike this morning and said that Ryan is one of four candidates being interviewed. Other names that have been linked to the job are Romeo Crennell, Todd Grantham (DC at Georgia, and formerly with the Cleveland Browns), Ryan, and maybe one of the defensive coaches from the 49ers. I got those four names from Twitter and articles that have appeared on Nola.com.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Wow! first Tech gets Stoker as DC, then we don't (yet). Now, ditto with the Saints and Ryan. Can't people just wait for official announcements? Sheeeeesh!

Now it looks to finally be official. Guess the speculation about Anthony Spencer going to New Orleans will begin. I would be careful if I were NO. I am always leary of players whose only good year comes in a contract year.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Freak show has landed in NO...

Don't like it
    Totally agree.

What you bet the Saints go after Dallas free agent outside linebacker Anthony Spencer (Mr. 11 Sacks) now as well.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    What you bet the Saints go after Dallas free agent outside linebacker Anthony Spencer (Mr. 11 Sacks) now as well.
    You can have him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    You can have him.
    Yup! I'll take Spencer. Wonder how much DeMarcus Ware wants to see him leave Da Girls. I bet he doesn't.

LATEST NEWS

RECENT NEWS

NFL Network's Albert Breer suggests free agent OLB Anthony Spencer as an offseason target for the Saints.
    It's a logical connection after the hiring of defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, under whom Spencer enjoyed his best NFL season in 2012. The Saints like young upstart outside linebacker prospects Junior Galette and Martez Wilson, but signing an established star like Spencer could go a long way toward giving New Orleans' realigned front seven credibility. He's not going to be cheap, though. Feb 10 - 3:09 PM
    Source: Albert Breer on Twitter

T
    hat said

Yup! I'll take Spencer. Wonder how much DeMarcus Ware wants to see him leave Da Girls. I bet he doesn't.

LATEST NEWS

RECENT NEWS

NFL Network's Albert Breer suggests free agent OLB Anthony Spencer as an offseason target for the Saints.
    It's a logical connection after the hiring of defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, under whom Spencer enjoyed his best NFL season in 2012. The Saints like young upstart outside linebacker prospects Junior Galette and Martez Wilson, but signing an established star like Spencer could go a long way toward giving New Orleans' realigned front seven credibility. He's not going to be cheap, though. Feb 10 - 3:09 PM
    Source: Albert Breer on Twitter

T
    hat said
    like I said I worry about paying all that money for a player with one pro bowl. He is a good player and will no doubt help your defense, but I don't think he will be worth what he is going to get paid

Interesting.

+ Reply to Thread