+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Coaching Records

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Re: Coaching Records

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    If you don't see the talent in Archibald, Bracey, Duruji, or Powell I am not sure any of us can help you! I like Christon and Pemberton as well, all of these guys are FR or SO he has recruited and signed.
    Those guys are good no doubt. Missing significant pieces. Need scoring outside, down low and a rim protector.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Only Jean -

I actually think TALENT wise, there is no comparisons on the talent he is getting based on their offers to compared to what White was getting -

Speedy - no offers
    Appleby - no offers
    Kiser - Lamar

Compare those to the offers - Duruji, Archibald, Day Day, Powell and others had coming out of HS

The question after 3 years is the IDENTITY of the team - it doesn't have one and it desperately needs one
    Post of the thread.

There is no doubt that we have recruited great athletes, but I don't think anyone knows what our identity is supposed to be. (Including our players. )

We are undersized and have all these athletic young pgs and yet we rarely press? Why? If we are playing with 3 or 4 PGs on the court, we need to be pressing on defense. If we are not going to play press defense, recruit some bigs to block the lane.

I just want to know who we are supposed to be.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Post of the thread.

There is no doubt that we have recruited great athletes, but I don't think anyone knows what our identity is supposed to be. (Including our players. )

We are undersized and have all these athletic young pgs and yet we rarely press? Why? If we are playing with 3 or 4 PGs on the court, we need to be pressing on defense. If we are not going to play press defense, recruit some bigs to block the lane.

Correction. YOU have the "post of the thread". Excellent post.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Post of the thread.

I agree with y’all 100 percent about the identity thing. I also have no problem with varying styles of play; my favorite game of this year’s NCAA tourney so far is the Syracuse/Michigan State game with both teams scoring in the 50’s. I absolutely love Syracuse’s Identity of being the best at playing a zone defense.

However, I have come to agree with others that we are not in an area that has a lot of true basketball fans. I think the identity of a pressing uptempo game is probably required to appease and grow a fanbase in Ruston. Mike White had the base growing with that type of passionate play. Konkol promised to continue that tradition. 3 years in and a consistent press is a thing of the past.

I doubt White would have come anywhere near the turnouts that his teams drew with a plodding, passionless game, even with the same level of success. There is a definite trend line in the fan turnout in the Konkol era. Maybe these things aren’t correlated... if I am off base please tell me why.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Still also working with some of White's recruits, aren't we? Those would be the seniors next year.
    Jean, yes. Washington was a last minute guy when Konkol has to scramble to fill a couple spots when White left before NSD.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Jean, yes. Washington was a last minute guy when Konkol has to scramble to fill a couple spots when White left before NSD.
    I wouldn’t even consider Jean a White recruit now. He reopened and Konkol signed him.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

I have no problem with Konkol pressing less than White. After all the success we had with it, we still never got to the NCAA tourney because we didn't have any post players who could rebound, defend, or score. What skilldawg is saying is probably true about building a fan base in this area but ticket prices have not helped, neither has every game being on web. Bottom line though is if we win, fans will come and part of that is a credit to White and what he and administration have done in past. I expect we will win next year based off what I have seen in Konkol's first three seasons-he is willing to adapt, been successful, and kept this year's team together in spite of horrendous luck and circumstance. I am looking forward to seeing who we sign and next year.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Having a great hoops' team is fun. White did a great job of bringing excitement back to the program, and we enjoyed success under him. Those road wins over UGA, aTm, and Florida State in the NIT were quality wins. That team was oh-so-close to sheer greatness!

Heck, I even give some credit to Keith Richard for his NIT run, which included demolishing ULL and Vandy in home games. That dunk by Tiger Meeking ranks in the Top 10 all-time greatest dunks ever by a Dawg. Wow! The TAC was rocking....as was the whole basketball goal itself!

Games like those are fun!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Dusty May has been named HC at FAU...

I guess he was willing to interview for the job there, or it may have been just handed to him without any interview like he expected the Tech job to be given to him -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

I guess he was willing to interview for the job there, or it may have been just handed to him without any interview like he expected the Tech job to be given to him -
    Ha!!

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

This could get interesting going forward.

I suspect he has a valuable mentor who can provide considerable assistance ??

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    This could get interesting going forward.

I suspect he has a valuable mentor who can provide considerable assistance ??
    ... Kerry Rupp?

��

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    ... Kerry Rupp?

��
    Nah, I was referring to someone who probably would like to see his brother, the new FAU AD, look good with the hire.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Nah, I was referring to someone who probably would like to see his brother, the new FAU AD, look good with the hire.
    Mike White might have his hands full trying to get past the 2nd round of the NCAAs next year to worry about how his brother looks
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Eric Konkol@CoachKonkol tweet link
    Can't say thank you enough to the #TechFamily for supporting #Team91 all season. Attendance at the TAC increased 17% and we appreciate your passion greatly! It's a great time to be at @LATech!

This is pathetic. Everyone knows Tommy fabricated those attendance numbers. Actual attendance was down considerably this season. This is worse than our SID touting our SOS right before we play SWAC schools when the stat doesn't include our multiple games against non-DIs or the SWAC teams we were about to play. Let's stick to touting real feats instead of trying to mislead us like we are stupid.

+ Reply to Thread