+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2/23 Oral Roberts at LaTech

Big Dog BadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the rough

Re: 2/23 Oral Roberts at LaTech

Quote Originally Posted by LABulldog View Post
    Tough loss not withstanding, for those of you who weren't at the game, it appears that Tech will no longer allow fans out side the fence in right field! A Tech policeman came up during the middle of the game and made all the fans leave the area. It appeared a number of fans tried to "talk" with him but he would have none of it and ran everyone off. Why in God's creation does Tech continue to shot themselves in the foot by running off fans from a sporting event? And it was a large crowd too. Not as large as Friday night but a good sizeable group. From what I have been told, that property is not even owned by Tech but part of the RR right-of-way (only what I've heard) but still. Fans have been out there for years. Why now? We'll never be more than third rate with management like we have now!
    The Tech cop told my dad (65) that "this is railroad property and you are trespassing". Don't know why Tech is policing property for the railroad?!? Bush league.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I'm not saying that's why we lost. I'm just saying that Sim's decision for Arnsberg to sac bunt in that situation reduced our expected run total for the inning by .23 runs. That's all.
    We had this conversation last year. 1st and 2nd, no outs, bunt is the right call to get tying run in scoring position.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    We had this conversation last year. 1st and 2nd, no outs, bunt is the right call to get tying run in scoring position.
    Agreed.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BadDawgy View Post
    The Tech cop told my dad (65) that "this is railroad property and you are trespassing". Don't know why Tech is policing property for the railroad?!? Bush league.
    Hermes (Campus Chief of Police) says he will look into it, so it wasn't an order he knew anything about. It wouldn't surprise me if someone from the Tech admin asked that they be removed.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

It wouldn't surprise me if the RR told Tech to get those fans off the tracks, or it could be a Barney flexing his muscles.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Hermes (Campus Chief of Police) says he will look into it, so it wasn't an order he knew anything about. It wouldn't surprise me if someone from the Tech admin asked that they be removed.
    Someone like a lame duck AD with a bitter attitude.

Puppy sportsADDICT Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesportsADDICT Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesportsADDICT Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesportsADDICT Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesportsADDICT Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesportsADDICT Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesportsADDICT Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesportsADDICT Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by BadDawgy View Post
    Reminds of that Corey Smith song that says something to the effect of: Some cops think their badge is a crown. I have respect for people in law enforcement. Much like any profession though, there are people who misuse it to make themselves feel better by raining on other people's parade.

We need all the support we can get at our athletic events. Situations like these are just ridiculous and sad.

+ Reply to Thread