+ Reply to Thread

Thread: West Gate

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game

West Gate

Does anyone know why the west gate is not opened for the fans to exit after the game? I remember when it used to be open for entrance before the game for those with season tickets. More people park across the street by the softball field than use the baseball lot. I don't mind walking around the complex but my wife has had both hips replaced and it would be a lot easier on her to go out the west gate, cross the street and get in our vehicle.

Thanks!

James

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Re: West Gate

Yes, I believe I know the reason or at least as close as anyone. There have been numerous injuries at that gate over the years with a relative of mine being the latest. Part of the reason for some of the injuries has been the slickness of the concrete sidewalk in that area. If you know, the concrete sidewalk is on a hill with the sidewalk being on an incline up towards the stadium. A number of people have slipped and fallen and the results have sometimes been more than bruises and several have had broken bones. The athletic director knows about the injuries and I've been told that a rework of the sidewalk was investigated and the cost was extreme. Part of the reason for the extreme cost is that there is a major water line under that sidewalk in that area. To prevent future injuries, the best solution at that time appeared to be locking the gate (actually welded closed, at least it used to be). I agree that it was a lot more convenient to use that gate in the past. Hopefully the financial ability to properly correct the problem will be available in the future. Right now though, I'm not holding my breath. My only suggestion to you would be for you to contact the athletic department to see if you can get anything started in the right direction. Good Luck!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I am so disappointed when I hear about these opportunities. We DO HAVE educated civil engineers and their students.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheapest solution is to invest in a pair of track spikes. Wear them up the hill and change shoes before entering the TAC

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Cheapest solution is to invest in a pair of track spikes. Wear them up the hill and change shoes before entering the TAC
    The TAC is kinda far from The LoveShack.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game

LABulldog,

Thanks for the explanation in response to my query. I had no idea about accidents and injuries so I will admit that it is a good thing the gate was closed. The wife and I will make do with the present circumstances.

James

+ Reply to Thread