+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BE Name Change

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Re: BE Name Change

We should make it a point to play (& beat) one of their teams every year (in every sport). UH, SMU or Tulame.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

There is an easy solution to this whole thing for the C7. Make the newcomers form their own conference and the C7 keeps the name, the $$$ from the defectors, the $$$$ from the previous BB tourneys, and the spots for the future BB tourneys. They should have the votes to do it!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

The C7 needs the vote of two football members to do anything drastic. This came up when there was talk of them dissolving the conference. They found out they couldn't. And once they announced their intent to leave, I am pretty sure they lost their vote.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs1 View Post
    We should make it a point to play (& beat) one of their teams every year (in every sport). UH, SMU or Tulame.
    Too bad BVDV canceled the last two football games in the Houston series.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Sell them the CUSA name, they have earned it....
    Love this!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Cincy, Memphis, Tulane, USF ... sounds like the old Metro Conference to me.

Let the football schools reclaim /revive the Metro Conference brand.

Let the Catholics keep the Big East name.

Problem solved.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Cincy, Memphis, Tulane, USF ... sounds like the old Metro Conference to me.

Let the Catholics keep the Big East name.

Problem solved.
    I guess UConn is still stuck? They would just LOVE the name Metro Conference!

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post

Presuming that Cincinnati/UConn leave for greener pastures and USM/Tulsa end up there, why not? "Metro" is not in use and it has some history to it that means something to a lot of these schools. Excellent choice.

Of course they could be called the Jefferson Conference, because they are all "movin on up..."!

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

I've long used "Big Metro" as the stand-in for the name of a possible BE/football successor conference (in my converstions with Champ, in fact!). I think incorporating it into the name is a great idea. I'd even go with just calling it The Metro Conference, though there may be some legal ramifications from the schools that were members of Metro but are not a part of the current formula (says USM, if it's the Metro Conference, how come we're not a part of it?). So I figure American Metro or Eastern Metro may be the way to go. I don't see the inclusion of UConn as being a problem. Metro included Southern Miss, Virginia Tech, and so on. So, East Carolina and Connecticut could probably make do. The name has a good history and is a better angle than most. Really, Conference USA should have just gone with Metro Conference.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

is that going to be like metrosexual?

Champ GrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by parialex View Post
    I've long used "Big Metro" as the stand-in for the name of a possible BE/football successor conference (in my converstions with Champ, in fact!). I think incorporating it into the name is a great idea. I'd even go with just calling it The Metro Conference, though there may be some legal ramifications from the schools that were members of Metro but are not a part of the current formula (says USM, if it's the Metro Conference, how come we're not a part of it?). So I figure American Metro or Eastern Metro may be the way to go. I don't see the inclusion of UConn as being a problem. Metro included Southern Miss, Virginia Tech, and so on. So, East Carolina and Connecticut could probably make do. The name has a good history and is a better angle than most. Really, Conference USA should have just gone with Metro Conference.
    i think every football school in the conference will have found a better home or will be part of it. so Metro may be a way to go.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Big East presidents meeting in Atlanta.

Big East expected to sell their Big East name to the Catholic schools for a lot of money.

Big East expected to let the Catholic schools leave this summer for a lot of money.

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=5365

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

football schools in Big East change name to Big CUSA

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    and add Butler and Xavier.
    Good old Memorial Gym

+ Reply to Thread