+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BE Name Change

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Re: BE Name Change

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    and add Butler and Xavier.

and most likely, Creighton.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

So what will they name the football conference after they sell the Big East name?

I like Conference Horshack. Everytime the ACC takes a breath, they'll all be going:

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    So what will they name the football conference after they sell the Big East name?

I like Conference Horshack. Everytime the ACC takes a breath, they'll all be going:

It will be known as "The Conference formerly known as the Big East", and will be known by the symbol:

($$!!)

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Cincy, Memphis, Tulane, USF ... sounds like the old Metro Conference to me.

Let the football schools reclaim /revive the Metro Conference brand.

Let the Catholics keep the Big East name.

Problem solved.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-name/1965393/

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

football schools get over $100 million when Catholic 7 leave and take Big East name with them.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Most of that will go to UConn, Cincinnati, and USF. Have not seen the distribution percentages yet.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

America 12 looks like a no-go.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...llege-football

Should the remaining Big East football schools sell the name of the conference to the highest bidder?

For example...

Verizon Conference
    Gatorade Division
    UConn
    Temple
    Navy
    East Carolina
    UCF
    South Florida
    Nike Division
    Cincinnati
    Memphis
    Tulane
    Tulsa
    SMU
    Houston

I wonder how much $$$$$$$$$ a conference name is worth.

Thoughts?

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

Back before Boise and SDSU bolted and I thought we might have non geographic divisions, I'd thought of sponsorship. I thought it a good idea. Not for the conference name, though. And now that we're geographic, not divisions, either.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parialex View Post
    Back before Boise and SDSU bolted and I thought we might have non geographic divisions, I'd thought of sponsorship. I thought it a good idea. Not for the conference name, though. And now that we're geographic, not divisions, either.
    For me it would depend on the sponsor's name. I would be 100% content with a name like the Verizon Conference. I bet they can get at least $12 million per year for it, an extra million bucks for each school. Pretty much any name they come up with isn't going to sound good. Why not make some money off of it?

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

Regular conference name changes. I agree that some names are better than others, though. No Doritos Conference, please.

Quote Originally Posted by parialex View Post
    Regular conference name changes. I agree that some names are better than others, though. No Doritos Conference, please.
    There wouldn't be regular name changes if they sign a long-term contract. If I were Aresco, I'd sign a 20-year $240 million deal in a heartbeat to give a company like Verizon sole naming rights to the conference.

Has UH sold the naming rights to their new stadium?

American Athletic Conference. Dumb.

Agreed. Dumb. I was worried about something like this when I heard it was the "12" they objected to. They were objecting to the wrong part. Metro 12 really grew on me.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    American Athletic Conference. Dumb.
    Could have been worse. They could have named themselves the "American Athletic Conference of America".

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Give me 4 beers and one hour, and I could have come up with a better name than that.

You know that the name will be abbreviated, as they always are, so there will be some confusion with the ACC. The ACC will always win the PR battle, and some will probably accuse the AAC of trying to muddy the water between the two names to get publicity. Bad name choice.

+ Reply to Thread