+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rememberances of Phil Robertson

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Rememberances of Phil Robertson

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Rememberances of Phil Robertson

Nice story. Maybe Bob Brunet doesn't remember their record that year (1966 football season) but I do. Won only one game. I remember his best game I saw was aginst Lamar the next year. He and Ken Liberto put on a show. Lamar was very highly rated in the "college division" when they came in and Phil and Ken (and the whole team) put a whooping on them. One of the few bright spots that year.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

179-for-411 passing for 2,237 yards and 12 TDs, but threw 34 interceptions

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

How in the hell did he keep Bradshaw on the bench for two years with those starts! BB&B must have been pretty docile back then.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    How in the hell did he keep Bradshaw on the bench for two years with those starts! BB&B must have been pretty docile back then.
    He said his receivers sucked.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    He said his receivers sucked.
    I heard Bradshaw wore his hat backwards on the bench, so the coaches knew he wasn't ready to see the field.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

All I can say is...Duck Dynasty is a VERY entertaining show. Laugh my a$$ off every time I watch an episode...channel 265 on Direct TV.

One of my favorite musicians, Morrissey, refused to be on Jimmy Kimmel Live with them last night because in his mind, they are "serial animal killers."

Si's response: "I thought they were talking about the singer for The Doors."
    Phil's response: "We need to sit him down for a Bible study."

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    All I can say is...Duck Dynasty is a VERY entertaining show. Laugh my a$$ off every time I watch an episode...channel 265 on Direct TV.
    Absolutely. They seem very genuine, even though some of that stuff is staged. Did you see them on Jimmy Kimmel last night?

Morrisey (former lead singer for The Smiths and long-time animal rights activist) was scheduled to be on the show with them, but cancelled at the last minute because he refused to be on the show with "animal serial killers." Jase sent out a tweet saying that he told his family that Morrisey had cancelled and Uncle Si said, "Is that the lead singer from The Doors?"

On the show, Kimmel made fun of Morrisey for cancelling, then asked Phil what he thought about it. I can't remember the exact quote, but Phil gave an awesome answer. Something like, "We don't hold it against him at all. People ask us if we eat ducks and we say yes. If he doesn't want to, that's okay. We love him like he's our brother."

Phil is the man.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

One of my favorite musicians, Morrissey, refused to be on Jimmy Kimmel Live with them last night because in his mind, they are "serial animal killers."

Can't stand Morrissey. His music is so whiney. Knew lots of people that liked him back in the day though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Can't stand Morrissey. His music is so whiney. Knew lots of people that liked him back in the day though.
    You need to look at it as comedy. He's very funny. (but a very strange dude).

Example:

I was delayed, I was way-laid. An emergency stop, I smelt the last ten seconds of life. I crashed down on the crossbar and
    the pain was enough to make a shy, bald, Buddhist reflect and plan a mass murder.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    Absolutely. They seem very genuine, even though some of that stuff is staged.
    it's ALL staged. but still very entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    Phil is the man.
    indeed.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

You need to look at it as comedy. He's very funny. (but a very strange dude).
    That reminds me of seeing The National on Austin City Limits the other night. They are also known for being "dark and brooding," and were basically poking fun at themselves, saying they were going to lose their street cred since they basically giggled through one of their more angsty numbers.

I've always wondered if Marilyn Manson is self-aware in that regard. I don't see how he could have kept that act up as long as he had if he really took that persona seriously.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

+ Reply to Thread