+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dixon listed as a top playmaker for 2013

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Dixon listed as a top playmaker for 2013

Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Re: Dixon listed as a top playmaker for 2013

I don't know why they think we won't have as powerful a passing attack. We have some very good QBs...in the wings...waiting to play. However, the threat of Dixon's running should make it somewhat easier for our QB to pass. I'm very much looking forward to the Spring game.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Tevin King got hurt before the world had a chance to really see what he can do. With the two of them in our backfield, we will definitely be a threat to score everytime we get the ball. I agree with you, 70TechGrad, some reporters don't do enough homework to know that we have guys like Scotty Young waiting in the wings. We do not have Franklin calling plays anymore, so we will see how that works out, but I think we will still be good on offense. I'm hoping for good things from our D.

I'm glad I don't have to tackle Kenneth Dixon.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

We will be good in the RB dept. Dixon, King, Lee...Also, I was impressed with Seets from last years Spring Game.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    Tevin King got hurt before the world had a chance to really see what he can do. With the two of them in our backfield, we will definitely be a threat to score everytime we get the ball. I agree with you, 70TechGrad, some reporters don't do enough homework to know that we have guys like Scotty Young waiting in the wings. We do not have Franklin calling plays anymore, so we will see how that works out, but I think we will still be good on offense. I'm hoping for good things from our D.

I'm glad I don't have to tackle Kenneth Dixon.
    Actually, I remember King showing us what he can do. That is a true tandum of RB's that we will have!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    I don't know why they think we won't have as powerful a passing attack. We have some very good QBs...in the wings...waiting to play. However, the threat of Dixon's running should make it somewhat easier for our QB to pass. I'm very much looking forward to the Spring game.
    We probably won't. We lost a Senior QB in Cameron. A very fast excellent deep threat in White and one of the best WRs in our history and one of the best WRs in the country in Patton and on top of all that the vast majority of offensive linemen that kept that QB safe. I highly doubt our passing game will be as efficient or effective.

Doesn't mean it cant be good. Good as last year is a tall order.

And guys like Scotty Young while highly recruited have NO experience. His success is far from automatic.

I think we will have a decent offense next year but I'm a realist and I'm not ready to drink kool aid just yet.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I believe we will have a successful passing game. Running game will only make it better by taking the heat off the pass rush. While Cameron was excellent I believe our only step down will be in experience and experience comes fast. Cameron had very little experience when he got the start halfway through the 2011 season.

Champ Dubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond repute

Everything hinges on the offensive line, replacing 4 starters is no small feat. You can have the worlds best running back but if he's got 6 defenders in his face every play he's going to look like one of the worst, same goes for pass protection.

Big Dog latechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the rough

We will run the ball more because A: Coach Holtz's offensive philosphy and B: We have 2 beasts of a rb's and one workhorse. I won't complain if we don't average 500+ yards a game as long as we win.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by latechbulldawgfanatic View Post
    We will run the ball more because A: Coach Holtz's offensive philosphy and B: We have 2 beasts of a rb's and one workhorse. I won't complain if we don't average 500+ yards a game as long as we win.
    Same here.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Peterson told me his offensive philosophy isn't much different than Franklin's.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Retooling the OL is very difficult. The good thing might be that they can gel as the season progresses so a bad start could be salvaged.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    Peterson told me his offensive philosophy isn't much different than Franklin's.
    Well Franklin had Tech as one of top rushing offenses in the country last year so that's just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I believe we will have a successful passing game. Running game will only make it better by taking the heat off the pass rush. While Cameron was excellent I believe our only step down will be in experience and experience comes fast. Cameron had very little experience when he got the start halfway through the 2011 season.
    You must know more about our OL than I do.

I also keep hearing people say/write things about Young that they can't possibly know. Just going on faith and an extra star by his name on Rivals. I hope he lives up to his expectations. He might. Some of us are almost sure he will though. Don't see where that confidence comes from.

Varsity Bulldog DoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the rough DoubleDDawg's Avatar

Scotty throws a very tight accurate ball......in practice. The O line was deep last year . We will be fine there . Matt Moore knows the "system" blocking scheme as well as anyone.

+ Reply to Thread