+ Reply to Thread

Thread: prediction time!

Champ GrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to all

prediction time!

the B1G is banging the war drums that it wants more ACC schools. give your best prediction for how things shake out.

Champ GrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to all

Re: prediction time!

my predictions...

step 1 - B1G adds UNC+UVA
    step 2 - SEC adds NCSU+VT
    step 3 - Big 12 takes FSU+UM+GT+CU from ACC

ACC is left with WF, Duke, UL, Pitt, 'Cuse, and BC

those 6 ravage CUSA, i mean the Big East (again) and add Cincy, UConn, Temple, USF, UCF, and Navy (to get a share of that Army-Navy game $$$)

Big East (Metro) is left with Memphis, Tulane, ECU, SMU, and Houston. they add USM, Tulsa, Charlotte, UAB, FAU, FIU, Tech

MAC adds WKU

CUSA (Marshall, ODU, MTSU, UNT, UTSA, Rice, UTEP) add NMSU, Ga St, UL-Laf, Ark St, Troy, ULM, So Alabama

Benson folds another football conference...

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

Rice before UAB I think. ODU before Charlotte, I hope.

That scenario is one of the reasons I want to go west. The BE has a higher ceiling but a lower floor. Losing UCF is devastating. Even if those others go, we'd be no worse off than we were in Conference USA, but losing UCF means we would.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Decent scenario GNH. I would change the following:

Marshall and ODU to the Metro (using the new name!) instead of Charlotte and FAU.

Rice and UTEP to the MWC (gives the MWC inroads into TX and a Houston market)

CUSA adds in addition to those above, ASU, JMU, and Delaware to get to 16

Mr. Peanut is offered the commissionership of the Southland Conference.

Thought about moving Rice to the BE/Metro, but I am afraid if that happened, Tech would be the loser in that case. I could also see Marshall going back to the MAC if the choice is that or staying in a C-SBC.

One other thought, is there any way somebody (Big 12???) might pick Duke up just for their MBB program? That would instantly elevate the conference standing and ensure a bunch of BB credits for, well, forever.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by GrassyNoleHitman View Post
    my predictions...

step 1 - B1G adds UNC+UVA
    step 2 - SEC adds NCSU+VT
    step 3 - Big 12 takes FSU+UM+GT+CU from ACC

ACC is left with WF, Duke, UL, Pitt, 'Cuse, and BC

those 6 ravage CUSA, i mean the Big East (again) and add Cincy, UConn, Temple, USF, UCF, and Navy (to get a share of that Army-Navy game $$$)

Big East (Metro) is left with Memphis, Tulane, ECU, SMU, and Houston. they add USM, Tulsa, Charlotte, UAB, FAU, FIU, Tech

MAC adds WKU

CUSA (Marshall, ODU, MTSU, UNT, UTSA, Rice, UTEP) add NMSU, Ga St, UL-Laf, Ark St, Troy, ULM, So Alabama

Benson folds another football conference...

This could happen. However, I am still of the opinion that the ACC will lose four schools - two to the Big 10 and two to the SEC, none of which is FSU. At the same time, ESPN will do what it takes to protect the ACC, its largest single provider of programming. It can't stave off defections to the Big 10 or SEC, but it can provide the ACC schools more dollars than the Big 12 can offer.

The four you have leaving for the Big 12 stay in the ACC, and the ACC adds UConn and Cincy plus two more. They will need to go past 12 for programming purposes.

When this round of realignment is over, I believe the Big East/Metro goes to 14, and Tech will be a part of that number. Their TV contract is now set, and they're at the floor. It will not help them to add non-established programs in major markets. It makes no difference at this point. When their contract is signed, it will dramatically help both Tech and USM.

I also would not want to be one of the schools that has not been mentioned in any realignment scenario, including ULM, UL-Lafayette, and Troy.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post

When this round of realignment is over, I believe the Big East/Metro goes to 14, and Tech will be a part of that number. Their TV contract is now set, and they're at the floor. It will not help them to add non-established programs in major markets. It makes no difference at this point. When their contract is signed, it will dramatically help both Tech and USM.
    Very interesting observation. Makes a lot of sense.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Tulane hates us.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Tulane will get one vote. Also, I am not sure that their President hates us. They may try to keep us out, but the choices of other programs is not near as appealing to the other teams in the Metro/new Big East/conference formerly known as the Big East............

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

One vote to block us may be all it takes. Tulane is in bed with Central Florida and SMU will vote with them too. Tulsa will make a deal with the devil long before we get a sniff. They'll be opposed us if they are told to. Memphis?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Tulane will get one vote. Also, I am not sure that their President hates us. They may try to keep us out, but the choices of other programs is not near as appealing to the other teams in the Metro/new Big East/conference formerly known as the Big East............
    Scott Cowen is probably the most powerful and most persuasive president in the future Big East.

Not that it really matters to us, but Georgetown's president is calling the shots for the Catholic 7.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Well maybe the BE will think they are too good for the left behinds, and Tech and USM end up as invites to the ACC.

+ Reply to Thread