+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Americans

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

The Americans

If you haven't see The Americans you should give it a try. The TV show is on Wednesdays on FX and I think there is a showing of the first five episodes on FX this weekend. It is about a couple who are Soviet spies in the Reagan years. It is suspenseful to say the least. It appears to be true to history on major events. I find myself liking the couple and particularly the young lady as she is quite the looker.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Re: The Americans

It is a great show...no letdown Wednesday nights on FX this year after the AHS season concluded.

And IMO this is Keri Russell's best work of her career. It helps that she has great material to work with, but she is getting everything out of that material.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

I like the show, but I feel guilty for pulling for the Soviets.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    I like the show, but I feel guilty for pulling for the Soviets.
    You don't have to feel guilty because you know how it ends up about eight years after the current setting of the show. The Ruskies can win the little battles because the Cold War is lost with Ronaldus Magnus in charge.

Champ RunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to behold RunwayDawg55's Avatar

Been watching this show from the beginning and it is definitely a good series. It drags a little bit in places sometimes, but I think this first season they probably are sort of keeping it straight-forward in case they don't get picked up for another season, but I can definitely see a ton of really crazy angles possibly coming up. The preview for this Wednesday's episode looks CRAZY!

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    You don't have to feel guilty because you know how it ends up about eight years after the current setting of the show. The Ruskies can win the little battles because the Cold War is lost with Ronaldus Magnus in charge.
    Great point. I will pull for that hot soviet chick with no guilt.

+ Reply to Thread