+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Championship Week 2013

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Basketball Championship Week 2013

ESPN.com Championship Week Central

Ohio Valley
    We want Belmont to beat SEMO in the OVC finals.
    SEMO plays Eastern Illinois today. Go SEMO!

Patriot
    We want Bucknell to win the Patriot League tournament.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Championship Week 2013

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    OK, all you Sunbelt fans :icon_wink:, here is the wacky schedule for the Sun Belt Conference tournament. Notice that you can't watch all 11 men's games as the games are played at nearly the same time in two different venues in Hot Springs. I like the WAC tournament format much better.

Right now, I'm hoping for a UALR win as it will help us with RPI. Unfortunately, a UALR win could give an at-large spot to MTSU.

Sun Belt Men's Basketball Championship Schedule of Events
    Friday, March 8
    Game 1 - No. 6 WKU vs. No. 11 Louisiana-Monroe – 6 p.m. (Summit Arena)
    Game 2 - No. 8 Louisiana-Lafayette vs. No. 9 North Texas - 6:30 p.m. (Convention Center Court)
    Game 3 - No. 7 Florida Atlantic vs. No. 10 Troy – 8:30 p.m. (Summit Arena)

Saturday, March 9
    Game 4 - No. 4 FIU vs. No. 5 UALR - 6:00 p.m. (Convention Center Court)
    Game 5 - No. 1 Middle Tennessee vs. Winner Game 2 - 6:30 p.m. (Sun Belt Network - Summit Arena)
    Game 6 - No. 3 South Alabama vs. Winner Game 1 – 8:30 p.m. (Convention Center Court)
    Game 7 - No. 2 Arkansas State vs. Winner Game 3 - 9:00 p.m. (Sun Belt Network - Summit Arena)

Sunday, March 10
    Game 8 - Winner Game 4 vs. Winner Game 5 - 6:30 p.m. (Sun Belt Network - Summit Arena)
    Game 9 - Winner Game 6 vs. Winner Game 7 - 9:00 p.m. (Sun Belt Network - Summit Arena)

Monday, March 11
    Championship Game - Winner Game 8 vs. Winner Game 9 - 6:00 p.m. (ESPN – Summit Arena)
    This is the Belch Final Four that we want:
    1. Middle Tennessee
    2. UALR
    3. Troy
    4. LA-Monroe

Our RPI really only becomes a factor if we need an at-large bid so we don't want MTSU to steal an at-large bid. We want MTSU to win this tournament but to lose in the first round of the NCAA tournament. We don't want the Belch to get into another play-in game.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    This is the Belch Final Four that we want:
    1. Middle Tennessee
    2. UALR
    3. Troy
    4. LA-Monroe

Our RPI really only becomes a factor if we need an at-large bid so we don't want MTSU to steal an at-large bid. We want MTSU to win this tournament but to lose in the first round of the NCAA tournament. We don't want the Belch to get into another play-in game.
    I'm OK with that, except for nlulm. UALR and MTSU will meet in the semis. A loss in the semis to UALR may keep MTSU out as an at-large, but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    I'm OK with that, except for nlulm. UALR and MTSU will meet in the semis. A loss in the semis to UALR may keep MTSU out as an at-large, but who knows.
    MTSU's RPI would still be in the top 35 and maybe top 30. They won the Belch regular season by 5 games. Who knows? I wouldn't want the last spot to come down between us, and I don't want the Belch to get any undeserved units like they got last year.

Of all our OOC opponents, ULM has the largest negative impact on our RPI and SOS. I think it'd help us if they won a couple games in Hot Springs, but we all know that won't happen.

I think we should be rooting for conference leaders like Middle Tennessee, Akron, Bucknell, Gonzaga, Creighton, and Florida.

The upset that we should be pulling for is Southern Miss to knock off Memphis.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

MTSU's RPI would still be in the top 35 and maybe top 30. They won the Belch regular season by 5 games. Who knows? I wouldn't want the last spot to come down between us, and I don't want the Belch to get any undeserved units like they got last year.

Of all our OOC opponents, ULM has the largest negative impact on our RPI and SOS. I think it'd help us if they won a couple games in Hot Springs, but we all know that won't happen.

I think we should be rooting for conference leaders like Middle Tennessee, Akron, Bucknell, Gonzaga, Creighton, and Florida.

The upset that we should be pulling for is Southern Miss to knock off Memphis.
    Why is that? Other than RPI reasons, S. Miss probably won't get an at-large with 8 losses especially after the loss to Marshall the other night. Memphis is a lock for an at-large if they lose to S. Miss in the conference tourney

Quote Originally Posted by longdawgview View Post
    Why is that? Other than RPI reasons, S. Miss probably won't get an at-large with 8 losses especially after the loss to Marshall the other night. Memphis is a lock for an at-large if they lose to S. Miss in the conference tourney
    Money. NCAA MBB unit$.

We won't get a dime from the NCAA or WAC if the Dawgs make a run to the Final Four unless the WAC folds within the next six years. However, if a C-USA team makes a run in the tourney, we will reap the benefit$ for the next six years. We want C-USA to be a multi-bid league. Since Memphis appears to be a lock for an at-large bid, we want somebody to upset them in the C-USA tourney to get at least one more unit for C-USA. Southern Miss is the next best team in C-USA and the best win on our resume so it'd be best if Southern Miss knocked off Memphis.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Money. NCAA MBB unit$.

We won't get a dime from the NCAA or WAC if the Dawgs make a run to the Final Four unless the WAC folds within the next six years. However, if a C-USA team makes a run in the tourney, we will reap the benefit$ for the next six years. We want C-USA to be a multi-bid league. Since Memphis appears to be a lock for an at-large bid, we want somebody to upset them in the C-USA tourney to get at least one more unit for C-USA. Southern Miss is the next best team in C-USA and the best win on our resume so it'd be best if Southern Miss knocked off Memphis.
    Nothing? Serious question........ I would think we would get our share of it.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Money. NCAA MBB unit$.

Oh I see, but Southern Miss beating Memphis doesn't increase our chances of getting an at-large bid.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

According to what I have seen, the existing NCAA units earned by C-USA through this year will not be shared with new members. Hope that isn't true, but if it is there is no benefit to C-USA being a 2-bid league.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    According to what I have seen, the existing NCAA units earned by C-USA through this year will not be shared with new members. Hope that isn't true, but if it is there is no benefit to C-USA being a 2-bid league.
    Wow. That's not good. Hope that doesn't turn out to be true. I don't think that's healthy for the conference. Is the SEC not letting A&M and Mizzou have their share of the SEC distribution?

2005 Bowl Confidence Contest Champion LaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the rough LaTechRandy's Avatar

We want Louisiana Tech to win the WAC, at this point it doesn't matter what happens with the other conference tourneys. The WAC will only be sending their conference champ to the dance.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LaTechRandy View Post
    We want Louisiana Tech to win the WAC, at this point it doesn't matter what happens with the other conference tourneys. The WAC will only be sending their conference champ to the dance.
    I agree..... I think we can forget about an at large now or, at least, certainly not count on it. I think if we win Saturday and lose in the finals of the WAC tournament, there is a slight chance. I wouldn't bet on it. We need to win out!

Only 12 minutes until the first ticket to the Big Dance is punched. Florida Gulf Coast and Mercer are playing for the A-Sun championship on ESPN2 right now.

Florida Gulf Coast punches their first ticket to the Big Dance in just their second year of eligibility after moving up to Division I.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Belmont beats Murray State by 2 in OT on a shot with 1.2 left. That opens a bubble spot that would have been stolen by a Murray State auto bid.

+ Reply to Thread