+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LSUS cutting hours and programs?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: LSUS cutting hours and programs?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    LSU-S is so wierd. I've taken quite a few classes at UT-Arlington and none of those students think they are Longhorns. Don't know why the LSU-S students seem to think they are Tiggers.
    The same way Shreveport folks thought they were true Cowboy fans, when they were winning, and that the cowgirls cared about them. The Cowgirls and JJ don't care about them except to take their money for the shirt and hat just like chigger pretenders and wannabe's hand over $$ to lsuuuu for the same Walmart junk.

Come on BD13 that was too easy.

Big Dog Avi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the rough Avi8r's Avatar

Where does the funding for LSUS come from? Is it directly from the main campus(LSU) or do they get it from the city and state. During the beginning of the economic downturn LSUA was struggling and they didn't see much of any help from the main campus in Baton Rouge. What would make LSUS get treated different, if they got any?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avi8r View Post
    Where does the funding for LSUS come from? Is it directly from the main campus(LSU) or do they get it from the city and state. During the beginning of the economic downturn LSUA was struggling and they didn't see much of any help from the main campus in Baton Rouge. What would make LSUS get treated different, if they got any?
    Individual schools earn funding based on FTE enrollment, performance, and grants. Then funding is awarded to the system, and the system decides how distribute the money to each school within the system. So LSUS earns funding that is then given to the LSU System, and then the LSU System decides how much of that money to give to LSUS.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Individual schools earn funding based on FTE enrollment, performance, and grants. Then funding is awarded to the system, and the system decides how distribute the money to each school within the system. So LSUS earns funding that is then given to the LSU System, and then the LSU System decides how much of that money to give to LSUS.
    This is the origin of 40% of their funding. The other 60% is self generated revenue from tuition and fees.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    This is the origin of 40% of their funding. The other 60% is self generated revenue from tuition and fees.
    Yes. Very true. This is something that EagerEagle chooses to ignore.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

The other answers are correct. What LSUS and most people don't realize is that LSUS is NOT lsu. They are part of the LSU system, but not part of the school. The name LSU system is misleading to many people. The main lsu in Baton Rouge is the largest school in the LSU system - that is the extent of their relationship. lsu in Baton Rouge will get the funding they need out of the system first - all others in the system will come next. We are part of the University of Louisiana system - same as LSUS is part of the LSU system. There was a lot of confusion in Shreveport about this and a lot of leaders intentionally misleading the public.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    The other answers are correct. What LSUS and most people don't realize is that LSUS is NOT lsu. They are part of the LSU system, but not part of the school. The name LSU system is misleading to many people. The main lsu in Baton Rouge is the largest school in the LSU system - that is the extent of their relationship. lsu in Baton Rouge will get the funding they need out of the system first - all others in the system will come next. We are part of the University of Louisiana system - same as LSUS is part of the LSU system. There was a lot of confusion in Shreveport about this and a lot of leaders intentionally misleading the public.
    I thought it was a satellite campus... *sarcasm*

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    Dhuss- that basically they are cutting hours and that LSU wants any higher degrees to be handled online instead of at LSUS. I assume to cut professors job/hours etc. I assume the idea is to bleed off as much money and interest as possible.

this was from a current LSUS student now interning in my sisters office In Marshall.
    I think Dhuss was asking what was said at your sister's graduation that offended you. I'd like to know also. They did a lot of trash talking while the merger was in play. I'm sure they said something stupid.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

lsus and it's Shreveport chigger supporters so proud and happy with themselves and then.......

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

The losers in this mess, Shreveport community and businesses.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    The losers in this mess, Shreveport community and businesses.
    Exactly! They still have a chance to make it right by helping us with Tech Shreveport and just forgetting about LSUS.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

They basically said at graduation that they had fended off an attack and that LSU saw the value they provided to the system. They said that they were going to compete with other north Louisiana universities, and they wanted to be the premier school in Shreveport and by extension north Louissana.

They were several other veil shots at Tech and some people in Shreveport who didnt understand the value of LSUS.... I wish I had recorded it.... My dad, wife, and myself were all fuming by the time it was over.

Sorry I can't give you the word for word, I tried to blow it off by dinner that night.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    The same way Shreveport folks thought they were true Cowboy fans, when they were winning, and that the cowgirls cared about them. The Cowgirls and JJ don't care about them except to take their money for the shirt and hat just like chigger pretenders and wannabe's hand over $$ to lsuuuu for the same Walmart junk.

Come on BD13 that was too easy.
    OR like now where they think the Saints care about Shreveport.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    They basically said at graduation that they had fended off an attack and that LSU saw the value they provided to the system. They said that they were going to compete with other north Louisiana universities, and they wanted to be the premier school in Shreveport and by extension north Louissana.

They were several other veil shots at Tech and some people in Shreveport who didnt understand the value of LSUS.... I wish I had recorded it.... My dad, wife, and myself were all fuming by the time it was over.

Sorry I can't give you the word for word, I tried to blow it off by dinner that night.
    Looks like they still don't get it! With that mentality they are doomed and if SBC is reliant on LSUS to be a driving force of economic generation, then SBC is doomed also. It seems that the business community saw the light.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Caddo Parish gave LSUS a lot of money last year which really gets under my skin as a CP taxpayer.

+ Reply to Thread