+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tim Fletcher out at KTBS from FB

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Tim Fletcher out at KTBS from FB

It appears word has gotten out about tomorrow being my final day at KTBS. Apparently,www.ArkansasTVNewswatch.Blogspot.com has gotten wind of my departure---and there is some wild conjecture among the comments.

First and foremost, I am leaving KTBS after 13 and a quarter years for one reason and one reason only---to spend more time with my wonderful family. For too many years, work came before family.

I proposed a plan that would allow me to continue working at KTBS; increase my reporting workload; but allow me to be home three nights a week after 7pm. The station, as is their prerogative, chose instead to accept my two-week notice dated 3/18/13. Basically, I pitched an ultimatum to the station and they made the choice to pass on my proposal.

Some rumors that are totally unfounded and untrue: I'm not going to any other station in town and haven't been contacted by any other media outlet. I have mostly enjoyed my time at KTBS, especially the people I have had the opportunity to cover/get to know over the years. High school coaches are the unsung heroes in our communities and are grossly underpaid for all they provide. For those fearing for our future? Go to a High School baseball, softball, football, soccer, or basketball game---attend a track and field meet---you'll see young men and women competing with all their might and skill in the true spirit of competition. The games/meets are a culmination of hours upon hours of preparation. I have always loved the stories that develop in 48 minutes of football or 32 minutes of hoops or 7 innings on the diamond.

The good news, for me, is---I'm going to continue to cover all the sports that I'm accustomed to covering. My radio show will continue on KWKH (AM1130, The Tiger)... with plans for expansion of hours and product on the horizon. I will be able to devote a LOT more time to writing, in particular our blog (www.TheTimFletcherShow.Blogspot.Com) and various other projects.

To my fellow employees (even the one whose "brother" says I'm hard to deal with and feel irreplaceable--comments section of the tv blog) from 1999 thru today: I have enjoyed so many great times, and commiserated over so many rough times. It has been a blast to work with so many folks over the year... I "think" i've been a pretty good co-worker, not all the time, but MOST of the time.

I am so fortunate to have a great wife in Alysia Starnes Fletcherand three kids who have put up with my absence for too many years, especially Sydney Fletcher who saw more of me inside the station's walls and at games than our own dinner table. Looking forward to spending high-Quality time with Aly, Syd, Caroline Copeland and Pearce Copeland starting Saturday...

For those that have never liked me on air, your wish has been granted---albeit, 18+ years after H.Lee Bryant hired me straight out of U.A.L.R. to take over weekends at KTAL.

We will be around... looking forward to the next, great, big, leap!
    Best Wishes Tim.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tim Fletcher out at KTBS from FB

It's my opinion Fletch has been the best sports news journalist in Shreveport for many years. All-in-all he's been a friend to Tech and a fair reporter. Best wishes for a bright and successful future.

Big Dog Sw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to all Sw's Avatar

Well,there goes one of the best things that station had going!

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Dang I'm gonna miss Fletch, crap. That said, I can TOTALLY understand why he's doing what he has decided to do having been in a simular situation. Best of luck in the future Fletch and continued success.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

This sucks. Fletch was light-years better than all the other local sportscasters.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

I think Tim Fletcher was no "friend" of Tech's. And I think he has been quite critical of the fans over the past many years.
    That said, I enjoy/enjoyed his time on TV. In fact, I have been DVR'ing the 10pm news for a few years now just to hear his take on area sports. And the fact is, journalist don't have to be "friends" of a program, in fact they shouldn't be!
    I'll miss your broadcast Tim. I wish you the best!
    As far as your radio show goes I prob. won't listen.
    Ya see, I don't like country music. And if a station that played all types of music started up with a name of Kountry 99.9fm, I wouldn't listen because I don't like country music. I really doesn't matter how many times someone says, "but they play other stuff too!" Their name says enough to me to know I wouldn't like most of what they played.
    I feel the same about a station called "the tiger". It's their preogative to name it that, and it's mine not to listen because of that. I wonder how many possible listeners from Tech, Tulane, ULL, ULM, Nwst, Grambling, ect. think the same...?
    Best of luck Tim! You've brought years of pleasure of local sports to me. Hopefully I'll see/hear you again one day on a station that's not all about the tigers.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    I think Tim Fletcher was no "friend" of Tech's. And I think he has been quite critical of the fans over the past many years.
    That said, I enjoy/enjoyed his time on TV. In fact, I have been DVR'ing the 10pm news for a few years now just to hear his take on area sports. And the fact is, journalist don't have to be "friends" of a program, in fact they shouldn't be!
    I'll miss your broadcast Tim. I wish you the best!
    As far as your radio show goes I prob. won't listen.
    Ya see, I don't like country music. And if a station that played all types of music started up with a name of Kountry 99.9fm, I wouldn't listen because I don't like country music. I really doesn't matter how many times someone says, "but they play other stuff too!" Their name says enough to me to know I wouldn't like most of what they played.
    I feel the same about a station called "the tiger". It's their preogative to name it that, and it's mine not to listen because of that. I wonder how many possible listeners from Tech, Tulane, ULL, ULM, Nwst, Grambling, ect. think the same...?
    Best of luck Tim! You've brought years of pleasure of local sports to me. Hopefully I'll see/hear you again one day on a station that's not all about the tigers.
    Fletch had nothing to do with the renaming of KWKH as The Tiger. LaTech alum and NSU pxp announcer Tony Taglavore is responsible for that. You can thank him.

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Fletch will be greatly missed in Shreveport-Bossier. It's a shame that we could not have gotten him on-board (given him a job) at Tech. He is "outside the box" but very entertaining & knows a little something about sports also. Huge loss for local sports in Shreveport-Bossier.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Fletch had nothing to do with the renaming of KWKH as The Tiger. LaTech alum and NSU pxp announcer Tony Taglavore is responsible for that. You can thank him.
    Oh, I know. And this was the number 1 reason Taglavore was not even considered as a possible MC for Tech & Tails 6.
    But I don't buy bread called "Moldy Month Old Bread" & I don't listen to sports radio stations called "the tiger". NEITHER SOUND APPEALING TO ME!

But Tim is good at what he does, and I wish him the best, and I'm sorry to see him go. But I'm not the target audience of the station (since I don't want to hear anything about the tigers) he will be on. So reguardless of his show's target audience the station actually LIMITS his audience.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs1 View Post
    Huge loss for local sports in Shreveport-Bossier.
    I agree.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs1 View Post
    Huge loss for local sports in Shreveport-Bossier.
    next thing you're gonna tell me is that the canadian football team, the quality minor league baseball team, the arena football team, TheBattleWings and the super successful hockey team, The Mudbugs will be leaving the sports scene in Bossier/Shreveport.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I stopped watching local TV so many years ago I can barely remember seeing Fletch (except in some of the links provided on this forum). That said, I've always liked Fletch and thought he did a good job. He was fair. At times he's been critical of Tech, or the Saints, but at times both needed it!

He's also dead on about high school athletics. Support your local HS teams and those wonderful kids. They need it....they deserve your support.

Good luck Fletch in your future endeavors.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Good luck, Fletch!
    Good old Memorial Gym

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

The NWLA tv stations have a huge void now for a good sports guy...

ReBouche, Griffin and Fletcher were the best and now they are all off the air
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

I would take him in our SID or Athletic Department

+ Reply to Thread