+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many S'port-BC area Dawgs would like to ride a charter bus to Hattiesburg????

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Re: How many S'port-BC area Dawgs would like to ride a charter bus to Hattiesburg????

I scrapped "the keg idea" for obvious reasons (workday & late night game). We still need at least 49 more to make this a go & please offer your suggestions about whether to leave at 2:00 or 12:00 on Monday.

Varsity Bulldog barkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of light barkly's Avatar

Re: How many S'port-BC area Dawgs would like to ride a charter bus to Hattiesburg????

I would prefer to leave at noon, so that we can join the Alumni group pre-game, but I am flexible, if 2:00pm is better to get more seats filled.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Consider stops in Ruston, Monroe, and maybe some other towns along I-20 to allow passengers to board. Charge them full price if you have to.

I talked to a friend who might want to catch the bus but doesn't want to drive back to his house from Bossier City after the game. He would prefer catching the bus in Ruston.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

A stop in Ruston would be pretty nice...

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

I did take into consideration that a stop in Ruston & Monroe could add a few riders but $2,785.00/5 = $ 557.00 per person for the bus trip. So the bus trip to Hattiesburg will not take place this time. Maybe we can try this again sometime when we have more time to prepare and advertise. Thanks to all whom responded & Go Dawgs!

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Dang it! I just got confirmation I could get off of work! I was in!

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

I really was hoping that we could have done this.

Is anyone going and looking for riders?

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

That's a shame the bus didn't work out. Seems like it wouldn't be hard to get 50 people, but guess it was a time issue. Is there no reason tech couldn't have done this? Or did they and i'm not aware? Surely there were 50 students ready to go at a moment's notice. Or was it too much trouble and too much to ask? Or they tried and then didn't have enough takers either?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    That's a shame the bus didn't work out. Seems like it wouldn't be hard to get 50 people, but guess it was a time issue. Is there no reason tech couldn't have done this? Or did they and i'm not aware? Surely there were 50 students ready to go at a moment's notice. Or was it too much trouble and too much to ask? Or they tried and then didn't have enough takers either?
    I don't think anybody was contacted outside of members of NWLA TAG. Dawgs1 should be commended for his efforts, but it shouldn't have been a fan's job to put this together. The alumni association and/or SGA should have provided a bus or two for alumni and students. I don't think we would have had any problem filling up a bus if they let everybody know about it. When Southern Miss came to Tech for the CIT game in 2012 the USM Alumni Association arranged for a bus to bring their fans to Ruston.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

That's what I figured happened. And, yeah, it should have been spearheaded by the alumni association/tech, and they didn't bother once again...... So what else is new?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of the students are hurt by the fact that this week is the first round of tests for a lot of classes. That's really no one's fault, just how it worked out. I know many students who would be making the drive if not for tests all week.

+ Reply to Thread