+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Title 9 is bad for baseball

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Title 9 is bad for baseball

Why can women get a full and men only a 1/3?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Title 9 is bad for baseball

Title IX is great. Football and MBB should support the entire athletic progam. It's only fair that women get more 'ships than men since women don't play football.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Title IX is great. Football and MBB should support the entire athletic progam. It's only fair that women get more 'ships than men since women don't play football.
    Here we go! Women don't get more 'ships than men. They get the same number; it's called equal opportunity. To whom is that unfair?

On some level, can't we agree that college sports is about giving people opportunities to get an education? Why should men have more shots at that than women?

Champ GrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Here we go! Women don't get more 'ships than men. They get the same number; it's called equal opportunity. To whom is that unfair?

On some level, can't we agree that college sports is about giving people opportunities to get an education? Why should men have more shots at that than women?
    i saw that in Michgan's athletic department football and basketball brought in 97% of the finding for the entire athletic department. i would imagine the #'s are similar at many schools. so to answer your question "Why should men have more shots?" the reason is because it is the men who are paying for everyone to have their shots. those 85 football scholarships fund the entire women's athletic department and then some.

as many parents have said in the past "as long as i'm paying the bills, i'm making the rules".

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrassyNoleHitman View Post
    i saw that in Michgan's athletic department football and basketball brought in 97% of the finding for the entire athletic department. i would imagine the #'s are similar at many schools. so to answer your question "Why should men have more shots?" the reason is because it is the men who are paying for everyone to have their shots. those 85 football scholarships fund the entire women's athletic department and then some.

as many parents have said in the past "as long as i'm paying the bills, i'm making the rules".
    I'm still amazed at the ignorance...well, maybe its stupidity, that people have when it comes to this. Why should we not have men's soccer and men's tennis, etc.... b/c we have to have women's sports. Title IX is terrible and I don't understand how people can say it is fair...Its terrible, just like affirmative action...its garbage
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Football should not be considered. It is the sport which pays the way for the rest of the sports at most schools. Take the football scholarships out of the equation, then match the scholarships equally.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Football should not be considered. It is the sport which pays the way for the rest of the sports at most schools. Take the football scholarships out of the equation, then match the scholarships equally.
    Which is what most schools did, including Tech, for years before the Title IX Nazis started their crap. The NCAA got more involved in the process because Title IX actually helps keep the "have nots" in their proper place.

Maverick, you know that it is unfair to the University more than any other party. There is plenty of equal opportunity in Louisiana with TOPS. This national edict is as antiquated as union labor.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

The word "athletics" appears nowhere in Title IX. If it was intended to apply to intercollegiate athletics, the Congressional authors of the law should have written it that way. Just another example of purely unconstitutional judicial legislation.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Title IX is not the problem with baseball. The fact that people don't really care about college baseball is the problem with baseball. WBB puts more butts in seats than baseball (I've posted these numbers before, and I'm not going to look them up again), so that is where its relative popularity is. I don't fully understand it, since people love pro ball, and even semi-pro and little league ball.

That said, it does indeed suck for baseball players that they have less access to scholarships than softball players do.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by GrassyNoleHitman View Post
    as many husbands have said in the 50s" as long as i'm paying the bills, i'm making the rules".
    Fixed it for ya. Welcome to the 21st century, where women still make cents on the dollar compared to men. Equal opportunity? Bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    The word "athletics" appears nowhere in Title IX. If it was intended to apply to intercollegiate athletics, the Congressional authors of the law should have written it that way. Just another example of purely unconstitutional judicial legislation.
    "No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving federal financial assistance..." I agree RC, it is open to interpretation. Education program or activity...it fits...and it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Which is what most schools did, including Tech, for years before the Title IX Nazis started their crap. The NCAA got more involved in the process because Title IX actually helps keep the "have nots" in their proper place.

Maverick, you know that it is unfair to the University more than any other party. There is plenty of equal opportunity in Louisiana with TOPS. This national edict is as antiquated as union labor.
    No fair appealing to my logical side, maddawg. I'm being all girlie right now. That said, TOPS is and isn't a good comparison. It IS merit based, like athletics; it does depend on natural ability and the application of it. But that only applies to people who want to go to school in Louisiana, or states with similar plans. It also is a state plan; Title IX relates to federal funding.

I THINK I could live with football being excepted. Not because it pays for everything else. Because it is such a large team sport and women's sports has nothing comparable. Unless you want schollys for lingerie football. I bet some of you guys would change your tune then.

Champ GrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to all

Fixed it for ya. Welcome to the 21st century, where women still make cents on the dollar compared to men. Equal opportunity? Bullshit.
    Wow. You don't even know me and decided that since you have no good argument you had to go personal on me. Bravo!! If you knew me you would be embarrassed to have posted garbage like that.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Equal opportunity or equal results/statistics??

I guess we should mandate that we have the equal number of sports as well. Women have 2 more sports that they can participate in that Men can not. That's not equal opportunity or statistics.

Thank you over-reaching federal government!!

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

You mean female student athletes do not have equal opportunity to play football? Would "women's sports" be cut by a scholarship if there is a female placekicker (as example) on the football team. After all, I've never heard it referred to as "men's" football.

That is why we need "guvmint." So idiots like me don't have to think.

Well, fortunately, you don't have to take my "ill" logic seriously, like you to the "guvmint's" logic.

+ Reply to Thread