+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Title 9 is bad for baseball

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Title 9 is bad for baseball

This is an old argument....... In fact, I feel like I am living in the 50's by even posting, but thought I would post this link. It is an interesting read.......

http://www.lexisnexis.com/community/...s-of-1972.aspx

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by GrassyNoleHitman View Post
    Wow. You don't even know me and decided that since you have no good argument you had to go personal on me. Bravo!! If you knew me you would be embarrassed to have posted garbage like that.
    Grassy--I sincerely apologize. I in no way meant to imply that you feel that way. I was expressing a sentiment that was common for the time I mentioned (50s), simply drawing an analogy. Again, apologies.

Champ GrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to all

Thank you, Maverick. I appreciate the apology and accept your explanation that it wan not intended as a personal attack,

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    This is an old argument....... In fact, I feel like I am living in the 50's by even posting, but thought I would post this link. It is an interesting read.......

http://www.lexisnexis.com/community/...s-of-1972.aspx
    Interesting read.

Here's the bottom line: FOOTBALL has got Title IX all screwed up. Even the federal government can't figure out a way to "balance" the scholarship scales between males and females (without neutering other men's sports) because women don't participate in FOOTBALL. That leaves the NCAA with 3 options to obtain true gender equity:

1) Cut men's scholarships from other sports (which is what everybody is doing, and everybody hates. And it really creates and "inequity" itself!)
    2) KILL FOOTBALL (this eliminates the men's heavy scholarship advantage!)
    3) CREATE "female only" football programs

That's it. Unless you completely remove FOOTBALL from the equation as Tech77 suggested, these are your only 3 options to obtain scholarship gender equity. So, if colleges and universities truly desire gender balance in all Olympic sports (see the "UCLA" swim team story in the link), they'll have to do either #2 or #3 above. And we KNOW the NCAA isn't going to kill football. So, that leaves WOMENS football!!

Where's maddawg? If MD hate's women's basketball now, just wait 'til the Lady Techsters --and others-- have to field a women's only FOOTBALL team to obtain gender equity!!!

HD

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kIwH-GX668

I'm all in favor of women's football...

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SamuelLogan View Post
    lingerie football is awesome game. i love to watch it live in stadiums. Players have exceptional good figure and very tough competing spirit
    You must have missed the memo from the PC police...the first L now stands for Legends, not Lingerie.

+ Reply to Thread