+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Mock Draft Has Patton in 1st Round

Puppy ccp017 is just really niceccp017 is just really niceccp017 is just really niceccp017 is just really niceccp017 is just really niceccp017 is just really niceccp017 is just really niceccp017 is just really niceccp017 is just really niceccp017 is just really nice ccp017's Avatar

New Mock Draft Has Patton in 1st Round

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: New Mock Draft Has Patton in 1st Round

Cool! Hope it happens.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

I have seen that Clemson guy at the Texans pick a couple of times now in mock drafts and cannot for the life of me figure why they would pick him over Patton???? With Andre Johnson at one WR and Owen Daniel as our TE, we need a strong #2 WR who is not afraid to go over the middle! Especially now that we have not re-signed Kevin Walters! Patton would be the MAN! I think the Texans have him high on their list or 610 Sports would not be mentioning him so many times over the last few weeks.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Nice pick up by the Texans getting Ed Reed. That spells: S-u-p-e-r B-o-w-l When the Saints signed veteran Darren Sharper he played a HUGE, I mean HUGE role in our 2009 SB win.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

As for QP a 1st Round selection means HUGE mega-buck$ !

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Wonder if he will give some back to Tech. Had an interesting conversation with someone inside the football program about pro players giving back. Apparently Tech loses interest as soon as their eligibility is up, at least that was this person's view.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Wonder if he will give some back to Tech. Had an interesting conversation with someone inside the football program about pro players giving back. Apparently Tech loses interest as soon as their eligibility is up, at least that was this person's view.
    I always find it interesting that fans (of any school, really) ask that question of their young athletes. It just proves that once you get a big paycheck everybody comes after your money like bloodsuckers.

When these young athletes sign big contracts, you often hear stories about friends and relatives coming out of the woodwork to get "their" piece of the action.

I'd like to think that these young athletes will give back to LA Tech financially for the rest of their lives, and from the goodness of their heart, not just because they signed a big jackpot contract right out of college. I would encourage these young athletes to stabilize themselves first financially. Let's not forget, professional sports careers can often be very short. With many of these guys, that money needs to last a long time. Just ask Ryan Moats.

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I always find it interesting that fans (of any school, really) ask that question of their young athletes. It just proves that once you get a big paycheck everybody comes after your money like bloodsuckers.

When these young athletes sign big contracts, you often hear stories about friends and relatives coming out of the woodwork to get "their" piece of the action.

I'd like to think that these young athletes will give back to LA Tech financially for the rest of their lives, and from the goodness of their heart, not just because they signed a big jackpot contract right out of college. I would encourage these young athletes to stabilize themselves first financially. Let's not forget, professional sports careers can often be very short. With many of these guys, that money needs to last a long time. Just ask Ryan Moats.
    Very true. Watch the 30 for 30 episode that shows the number of athletes that are bankrupt within a few years of being in and out of the pros. That is especially true for the NFL where contacts aren't guaranteed.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

To the Vikings in Round #1.

25. Minnesota Vikings (From Seattle)—Quinton Patton (WR, Louisiana Tech)

Bob Levey/Getty Images
    The Vikings picked up Greg Jennings this offseason, but they still have a serious lack of offensive talent as they try to figure out if quarterback Christian Ponder is "the guy."
    Patton is one of my favorite receivers in the draft. He has great hands, body control, vertical ability and moves after the catch. He'll be a great No. 2 option across from Jennings, and he will give Ponder all of the weapons he needs, effectively taking away any possible excuses

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...agency/page/26

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I thought so until I heard some folks discussing the potential amount Mingo would get as a first rounder. The new deal between the NFLPA and the NFL has changed things for the rookies. 1st rounders will likely get a 5 year deal at around $480K/yr in 2013. Signing bonuses will vary depending on where they are selected, but I heard Mingo was expecting under $3Mil.. Not nearly what I figured he'd get.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I thought so until I heard some folks discussing the potential amount Mingo would get as a first rounder. The new deal between the NFLPA and the NFL has changed things for the rookies. 1st rounders will likely get a 5 year deal at around $480K/yr in 2013. Signing bonuses will vary depending on where they are selected, but I heard Mingo was expecting under $3Mil.. Not nearly what I figured he'd get.
    Who is Mingo's agent?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Who is Mingo's agent?
    He got a local attorney (ambulance chaser) by default. I hope it works out for him.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

He got a local attorney (ambulance chaser) by default. I hope it works out for him.
    As you mentioned earlier, with the new collective bargaining agreement that has a rookie wage scale his agent won't be able to screw it up.

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    As you mentioned earlier, with the new collective bargaining agreement that has a rookie wage scale his agent won't be able to screw it up.
    He could if the agent is allowed to direct the investments and isn't somewhat conservative.

The future rookies didn't get a say in the new agreement.:icon_wink:

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

He could if the agent is allowed to direct the investments and isn't somewhat conservative.

The future rookies didn't get a say in the new agreement.:icon_wink:
    Amen. I have worked with several NFL players who recieved 8 figure contracts and the way money disappears is incredible. Agents are , by nature , agressive and the last person who should handle a clients money. My capacity was helping set up trusts and estate planning ( working with cpas, attorneys and reputable financial advisors. ) Agents ,as everyone know, get a percentage PLUS expensese--thats where they rack up. If they get involved with handling the money, pet projects get financed with high commissions. Most are broke by age 30, if they last that long. I wish I could give specific examples but obvious privacy issues prevent that--

+ Reply to Thread