+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Astros lead American League West

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: Astros lead American League West

I had a lot of fun watching that game tonight.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I had a lot of fun watching that game tonight.
    It was a great early season game. Now the Astros need to win the next one.

I've seen no-hitters live and on TV, but never a perfect game. I was hoping to see one tonight.

Big Dog Sw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to all Sw's Avatar

They could quit now. .500 is a good average!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    It was a great early season game. Now the Astros need to win the next one.

I've seen no-hitters live and on TV, but never a perfect game. I was hoping to see one tonight.
    I was watching the Rangers feed on FSSW. Going into the break the announcer said, "...and he'll be facing the bottom of the Astro's lineup...". That was bad juju.:icon_wink: I do think he was a little too confident in his fastball in the end. Still it was a great hit that cost him the perfect/no hitter.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Just doesn't look right, the Astros in the American League. Now the Cubbies have no one to battle with for the cellar.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Oh well. Hell of a game from a pitcher who is still young and incredibly talented. He'll have more chances.
    Oh man, brutal. I dont know if he will ever get another chance like that. Perfectos only come around so often. To lose it like that was heartbreaking. This AA Astros team is already trying to get in the history books...

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Oh man, brutal. I dont know if he will ever get another chance like that. Perfectos only come around so often. To lose it like that was heartbreaking. This AA Astros team is already trying to get in the history books...
    Well he did have the perfect team to do it against but believe it or not he wasn't even hitting on all cylinders last night. His velocity wasn't where it was last year. His fastball in both speed and movement can be even more nasty than what you saw last night. He has immense talent and he is only in his mid-20's.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I was watching the Rangers feed on FSSW. Going into the break the announcer said, "...and he'll be facing the bottom of the Astro's lineup...". That was bad juju.:icon_wink: I do think he was a little too confident in his fastball in the end. Still it was a great hit that cost him the perfect/no hitter.
    Yeah, it was a cut fastball that never cut. Oh well. This will be a fun year for the AL West and Ranger fans. I think the Angels have the better big name hitters Trout, Hamilton and Pooholes. While the Rangers have a better pitching staff (who will only get deeper and better when Feliz and Colby Lewis return), better fielding and a better lineup outside the big boppers.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Well he did have the perfect team to do it against but believe it or not he wasn't even hitting on all cylinders last night. His velocity wasn't where it was last year. His fastball in both speed and movement can be even more nasty than what you saw last night. He has immense talent and he is only in his mid-20's.
    The Stros AA lineup might afford a few more chances at perfect games this season for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    The Stros AA lineup might afford a few more chances at perfect games this season for sure.
    I like Altuve. I think he is a keeper. But yeah the Astros have been gutted.

The Rangers have been there. The thing the Rangers did that was smart is trade big name talent (Texieira for example) for good minor league talent. They stockpiled their farm system and now, just when we are losing guys to age/trade like Young and free agency like Hamilton we have lots of talent waiting in the wings to replace them. Profar is the #1 ranked prospect in all of baseball and will likely become a superstar and Olt, Martin and Perez could be very good. There are many others as well. There is another very nice prospect at SS that can't move up because of Profar and Andrus. Texas has an amazing GM.

I'm saying that to say this. I hope Astros ownership sticks with the youth program and slowly builds up their farm system and both fans and ownership stay patient (I know it has been a long wait for the fans) during this process so they don't make dumb moves like trading for and signing over priced talent to get some quick wins. It is disturbing to see that AROD is making more than your entire team but right now the last thing the Stros need to do is trade young talent or overpay in F.A. You got Singleton and Carlos Correa in the minors and once they develop, along with Altuve your infield should be set. You also have a decent OF named Springer who has a little bit of pop.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

There are some ridiculously high-paid players like A-Rod and Pujols that make as much as the Astros' entire team payroll... $25 million.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

The Astros were shutout by Rangers pitching for 2nd straight game and lose 4-0. Well at least the Astros led the A.L. West for one day. Hopefully, the plan to rebuild the team will have some success this season.

My favorite N.L. team is now the Cubs. Obviously my favorite college team is the Bulldogs. From all the teams I support, you can tell I'm not a bandwagon fan that gets on board just because a team wins.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    The Astros were shutout by Rangers pitching for 2nd straight game and lose 4-0. Well at least the Astros led the A.L. West for one day. Hopefully, the plan to rebuild the team will have some success this season.
    The Rangers has 43 strikeouts for the series. It's the most by a major-league team in the first three games of the season, breaking the mark of 42 set by the 1966 Cleveland Indians. That's 53% of the Outs for your Houston Astros. .

The Astros are now 1-6 and have been shutout 3 times. The shining moment, so far, was clearly the opening day win against the Rangers.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    161-1
    1 - 161
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

+ Reply to Thread