+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Luke McCown signs deal with Saints!!

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Luke McCown signs deal with Saints!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    If Luke is playing its bad news for the Saints...
    Exactly, and your comment would apply to ANYONE stepping in because what you're saying is that Brees would be on the sideline. No question Y'all Saints fans have a great quarterback. Nevertheless, I'm excited one of OUR OWN is his backup this year.

The good news is he'll be wearing a Fleur de Lis and not something completely disgusting like an Eagle's wing, an Indian head or NYG junk.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baw011 View Post
    WTF?

Why even post anything. You are unbelievable. I'm not big on personal message board attacks but you have got to be the biggest douche I've read on this board. This is a Tech message board. Something nice has happened to a former Tech great and all you can do is criticize?
    Sorry, douchebag, just calling it the way I see it. Wasn't me that gave him or caused him to have the LOWEST QB RATING in NFL history. He did that to himself. Why post anything? That can be said about any post on any topic by any poster. Maybe people post because this is a message board designed for people to post. Ya think?

As for the question about Daniels now with KC....DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How stupid are some of you? His signing with the Chiefs is the very reason there is even a discussion about #2 on the Saints' depth chart. Was simply pointing out, that while here i.e. with the Saints, Daniels was a capable back-up. McCown is not. Get it now, or should I send you a note written with crayons?

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Personally, I would rather have a backup with game experience. Daniel didn't have that, and McCown does. To say that he had a bad QB rating with J'ville, without mentioning what an inept team that is, is unfair to Luke. He had one horrible game in 2011 with (I think) 3 picks and a fumble, and that killed his stats, since he only started 2 games that season. When you look at their season stats and realize that their leading receiver was a tight end that year, and he had less than 500 yds receiving, you know the whole team sucked.

Luke got thrown into the mix midway through the season with an O-line that couldn't keep you and me out of the backfield.

Nevermind that he is a Tech alum and other Tech alums on this board are defending him, for you to say that he isn't a capable backup just shows that you don't know much about what to look for in a QB.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    Personally, I would rather have a backup with game experience. Daniel didn't have that, and McCown does. To say that he had a bad QB rating with J'ville, without mentioning what an inept team that is, is unfair to Luke. He had one horrible game in 2011 with (I think) 3 picks and a fumble, and that killed his stats, since he only started 2 games that season. When you look at their season stats and realize that their leading receiver was a tight end that year, and he had less than 500 yds receiving, you know the whole team sucked.

Luke got thrown into the mix midway through the season with an O-line that couldn't keep you and me out of the backfield.

Nevermind that he is a Tech alum and other Tech alums on this board are defending him, for you to say that he isn't a capable backup just shows that you don't know much about what to look for in a QB.
    True! He can hold a clipboard with the best of 'em!

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

You're probably an okay guy, but you are a real idiot sometimes.

No one has a 10-year NFL career if he isn't capable. Picking a 2 game stretch of that 10-year career and calling him "not suitable" shows a lot of short-sightedness on your part. No wonder you work in Louisiana politics.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

His bad game was at a bad time - against the Jets, who at the time had one of the best defenses (I dont remember if they finished the year the best). 4 picks. It was a painful day.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    His bad game was at a bad time - against the Jets, who at the time had one of the best defenses (I dont remember if they finished the year the best). 4 picks. It was a painful day.
    His offensive line laid down on him that day. Looked like it was planned that way.

Puppy fardog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timefardog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timefardog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timefardog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timefardog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timefardog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timefardog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timefardog Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    McCown has remained in the NFL for a loooong time. He might not be starter material but he's doing something right, and he's certainly not terrible.
    He's terrible!

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fardog View Post
    He's terrible!
    Terrible QBs don't last 10 years in the NFL. Sorry to break it to you.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    As for the question about Daniels now with KC....DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How stupid are some of you? His signing with the Chiefs is the very reason there is even a discussion about #2 on the Saints' depth chart. Was simply pointing out, that while here i.e. with the Saints, Daniels was a capable back-up. McCown is not. Get it now, or should I send you a note written with crayons?
    Hard to figure out if Daniels is a capable backup with nine passing attempts over three years, but I guess the Chiefs no what they are doing when it comes to quarterbacks. Daniel is from Texas, so thats a plus.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Gotta love BBB-- last time I saw Luke was at Halftime of Tech game last year. He had his huge family and spent hour signing autographs and mingling with fans.he will have 10 yrs in NFL and we have people calling each other douches on BBB over Luke. Get a life. If you think any Tech NFL player is lousy, just let it go. Enough LSU-NLU-ULL -Tulane folks can rip our guys. As far as I am concerned , to paraphase Reagan, never speak ill of a Tech guy in pros. If you think he or she sucks, let it go - how can ripping one of our guys serve any positive for Tech Football?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    Gotta love BBB-- last time I saw Luke was at Halftime of Tech game last year. He had his huge family and spent hour signing autographs and mingling with fans.he will have 10 yrs in NFL and we have people calling each other douches on BBB over Luke. Get a life. If you think any Tech NFL player is lousy, just let it go. Enough LSU-NLU-ULL -Tulane folks can rip our guys. As far as I am concerned , to paraphase Reagan, never speak ill of a Tech guy in pros. If you think he or she sucks, let it go - how can ripping one of our guys serve any positive for Tech Football?
    Exactly! He's a great representative for TECH and obviously a capable NFL QB. Like I stated earlier the last time he started against the Saints in Da Dome he kicked our tail.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

You're probably an okay guy, but you are a real idiot sometimes.

No one has a 10-year NFL career if he isn't capable. Picking a 2 game stretch of that 10-year career and calling him "not suitable" shows a lot of short-sightedness on your part. No wonder you work in Louisiana politics.
    I thought I was on Facebook for a moment and tried to "like" this post!

Earl Morrall behind Johnny U., Billy Kilmer behind Sonny Jurgenson, Steve Young behind Joe Montana, Tom Brady behind Drew Bledsoe....and I'm sure you can add some more to list. Now....Luke McCown behind Drew Brees....sorry! just doesn't cut it in the annals of NFL history. Most of you are focusing strictly on the Tech angle. He's a former Tech player therefore, by God! he MUST be a good NFL player too! He no longer plays for Tech and can affect any outcomes for Tech football. But if left in the #2 slot, it is possible he could affect the outcomes of a Saints' game or two, and I am not personally comfortable with that thought. Think of it this way, especially if you're a Saints' fan, what if McCown was who he is, but he played college ball somewhere else? What would your opinion be of his being #2 behind Brees? Or, if you're a Cowboys' fan would you like him backing up...Oh! never mind, Romo sucks too, bad example! And some of you are saying of his stint as the Jags starter, well, it was only a couple of games. Holy moly! he was SO BAD he got yanked and lost his starter's role! Run that thru your head (in a non-bias way) a few times. He lost the starter's position after a couple of games!!! Lowest QB rating in NFL history! This is NOT about his Tech connections, this is about his current role on a championship contending NFL team. Now, all that said, if Brees gets hurt, even dinged up and has to leave a game, and maybe sit out the next game as well, if McCown is the backup, I HOPE and PRAY he comes in and does a GREAT job! Then all of you can post at that time, see Dawg80, Luke did a great job as Brees' backup! If It comes to that, I'll be happy to eat that serving of crow, trust me.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Earl Morrall behind Johnny U., Billy Kilmer behind Sonny Jurgenson, Steve Young behind Joe Montana, Tom Brady behind Drew Bledsoe....and I'm sure you can add some more to list. Now....Luke McCown behind Drew Brees....sorry! just doesn't cut it in the annals of NFL history. Most of you are focusing strictly on the Tech angle. He's a former Tech player therefore, by God! he MUST be a good NFL player too! He no longer plays for Tech and can affect any outcomes for Tech football. But if left in the #2 slot, it is possible he could affect the outcomes of a Saints' game or two, and I am not personally comfortable with that thought. Think of it this way, especially if you're a Saints' fan, what if McCown was who he is, but he played college ball somewhere else? What would your opinion be of his being #2 behind Brees? Or, if you're a Cowboys' fan would you like him backing up...Oh! never mind, Romo sucks too, bad example! And some of you are saying of his stint as the Jags starter, well, it was only a couple of games. Holy moly! he was SO BAD he got yanked and lost his starter's role! Run that thru your head (in a non-bias way) a few times. He lost the starter's position after a couple of games!!! Lowest QB rating in NFL history! This is NOT about his Tech connections, this is about his current role on a championship contending NFL team. Now, all that said, if Brees gets hurt, even dinged up and has to leave a game, and maybe sit out the next game as well, if McCown is the backup, I HOPE and PRAY he comes in and does a GREAT job! Then all of you can post at that time, see Dawg80, Luke did a great job as Brees' backup! If It comes to that, I'll be happy to eat that serving of crow, trust me.
    Cowboys fan here who'd be tickled to see Jacksonville's and LaTech's own wearing the Big Blue Star. Get over it Jim...come on man.

+ Reply to Thread