+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Football. Louisiana Tech-Tulane Game Moved to Thursday, Sept. 12 for TV - latechsport

Hybrid View

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Football. Louisiana Tech-Tulane Game Moved to Thursday, Sept. 12 for TV - latechsport

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Conference USA announced Wednesday that Louisiana Tech's 2013 league game against Tulane has been moved to Thursday, Sept. 12 to accommodate a national television broadcast. The game time and network will be announced at a later date.

More...

Discuss it here.

Big Dog RUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the rough

Re: Football. Louisiana Tech-Tulane Game Moved to Thursday, Sept. 12 for TV - latechs

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Here we go again with this Thursday S*(^. I had a hotel room (Sleep Inn) already reserved and was going to fly in From Indiana for this one well nevermind, looks like I will make one this year instead of 2.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: Football. Louisiana Tech-Tulane Game Moved to Thursday, Sept. 12 for TV - latechs

Quote Originally Posted by RUBLUE View Post
    UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Here we go again with this Thursday S*(^. I had a hotel room (Sleep Inn) already reserved and was going to fly in From Indiana for this one well nevermind, looks like I will make one this year instead of 2.
    Take a vacation day.

Varsity Bulldog bulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to behold bulldog009's Avatar

On a positive note, it may encourage a larger student crowd, just like the Hawaii-Tech Red out game a few years ago, which seemed to have a great turnout (I watched on TV because I was still in High School). They won't have an excuse of being home because they'll have class the next day! And Tulane might bring a couple of their 1000 or so fans.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog009 View Post
    On a positive note, it may encourage a larger student crowd, just like the Hawaii-Tech Red out game a few years ago, which seemed to have a great turnout (I watched on TV because I was still in High School). They won't have an excuse of being home because they'll have class the next day! And Tulane might bring a couple of their 1000 or so fans.
    It certainly won't encourage those of us who will probably have class and might have been looking forward to tailgating all day...

Gonna be there of course but if its not a major network then I'm going to be...very put out.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog009 View Post
    And Tulane might bring a couple of their 10 or so fans.
    fify. They barely bring anybody to Hattiesburg, only an hour and a half from New Orleans. We'll be lucky to get 50 fans of theirs to Ruston.

But as for the game? I like it. National exposure and we'll for sure have a good crowd and good enviroment. Night time games are the best!

Big Dog RUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the rough

I wish it was that easy. I was already taking one day vacation (Friday). But to fly there and be able to tailgate on Thursday now I must take 3 days, cannot do that. I will sit home and watch the 17K in attendance on a Thursday night.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I wish it was that easy. I was already taking one day vacation (Friday). But to fly there and be able to tailgate on Thursday now I must take 3 days, cannot do that. I will sit home and watch the 17K in attendance on a Thursday night.
    You're a little negative

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Just curious, why do you need three days off?

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Fly MLU Wed, Game Thur, Fly Home Fri. It is possible to Fly Thur but limits the tailgating and if you get delayed in ATL then you just spent $500.00 or more to miss a game.

I would...

1) WED - fly after work
    2) THUR - tailgate and watch football
    3) FRI - flyout
    4) SAT - hangout out at the house, watch college football, and drink beer
    5) SUN - same as Saturday but watch NFL

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I would...

1) WED - fly after work
    3) FRI - flyout
    So you take Thursday and Friday off?

So you take Thursday and Friday off?
    Yes, if I had to fly.

Living in Little Rock, I'll drive down Wednesday evening after work and taking a vacation day on Thrus and half day Friday.

Unfortunately not an option for me. And BTW when lived in LR a few years ago I drove down after work and went to work (late) on Thrsday. But now in Fort Wayne that's, not an option for me must take off (plane) at 12:30 to make it there Wed so must leave my work at 10:00. No worries though I just reserved my room for the Lamar game instead. UGH Lamar. The things I do to watch this football team. Oh well on the bright side I am now suddenly one week closer to seeing my dogs!
    Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I would...

1) WED - fly after work
    3) FRI - flyout

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Oh brother....there will be 24,500+ at least

+ Reply to Thread