+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Griner's "out"

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Griner's "out"

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Homosexuality is addressed by the conduct code, but it appears that the school leaves itself plenty of leeway to deal with personal conduct infractions. Probably depends on how they handled similar cases that will determine if there is enough reason for a lawsuit. Like I said, not expecting it, but with an ambitious lawyer, you never can tell.

Baylor statement on sexual misconduct:

Sexual Misconduct
    BU-PP 031

Policy:

In all disciplinary procedures, Baylor University will seek to be redemptive in the lives of the individuals involved and to witness to the high moral standards of the Christian faith. Baylor will be guided by the understanding that human sexuality is a gift from the creator God and that the purposes of this gift include (1) the procreation of human life and (2) the uniting and strengthening of the marital bond in self-giving love. These purposes are to be achieved through heterosexual relationships within marriage. Misuses of God's gift will be understood to include, but not be limited to, sexual abuse, sexual harassment, sexual assault, incest, adultery, fornication and homosexual acts.

Baylor will strive to deal in a constructive and redemptive manner with all who fail to live up to this high standard. Nothing will be done to encourage abortions or other drastic actions that might bring great harm to those involved. Dealing individually with each case, efforts will be made to counsel and assist those involved. Constructive forgiveness will guide all efforts.

Topics:

Application

Related policies:

BU-PP 705 −− Faculty Dismissal Policy
    BU-PP 807 −− Staff Discipline
    BU-PP 822 −− Staff Grievance
    BU-PP 833 −− Staff Separation

Additional information:

None

Human Resource Services Office (x2219)

Application—

Consistent with the statement of Baylor University concerning sexual misconduct, the University shall thoroughly review the facts and circumstances of each allegation of sexual misconduct involving a student, faculty member or staff member, and determine if the allegation is supported by credible evidence. The University may impose a sanction against the individual that is appropriate for the act committed. In doing so, the University shall offer counsel and assistance to the individual so that the sanction imposed may be a catalyst for redemption in his or her life.

General expectations:

B. General Expectations of Baylor Students
    Baylor University is governed by a predominantly Baptist Board of Regents and is operated within the Christian-oriented aims and ideals of Baptists. The University is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas, a cooperative association of autonomous Texas Baptist churches. We expect that each Baylor student will conduct himself or herself in accordance with Christian principles as commonly perceived by Texas Baptists. Personal misconduct either on or off the campus by anyone connected with Baylor detracts from the Christian witness Baylor strives to present to the world and hinders full accomplishment of the mission of the University.

That's a well-phrased document.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Nice spin. My statement holds. Gays in Islamic countries don't "come out" for one. They are caught. And two I guess you're trying to get off subject by injecting the "born homosexual" comment. Comparing the Holocaust to being homosexual is ludicrous.
    Homosexuals were part of the Holocaust. They had to wear a pink triangle.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    No one is throwing it in your face. They are admitting who they are and are not ashamed of it anymore. And, if you don't think you don't show people who you are every day with marriage, a picture of your spouse in your office, or even holding hands, then you are blind. I don't think you are hateful, but you have a total ignorance of this situation. Gay people can still not live openly in the U.S., unless they live in certain pockets. I won't even get into equality in schools and marriage.

I won't say anymore, except that it would be real good for everyone to study the Holocaust, Stonewall,and take a look at what Gay persons endure every day even today - alhttp://bfecard.com/peoplenewspapersports/2013/01/heart-of-dallas/beit MUCH improved and moving forward finally.
    I call BS. It's everywhere in the news. I don't judge, but I don't condone. I'm against Gay marriage, but I don't mind civil unions. People on television go out of their way to insert what is only 5% of America into everyday life. I'm just sick of the narrative of this country being focused on something so minor when we are on the verge of self destruction due to financial mismanagement.
    Plus I'm part Jewish and a Freemason who were both persecuted during the holocaust so don't go there.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

You are "part Jewish." Which part is that? Is that on your mother's side, because if it isn't, it doesn't count. And last time I checked, you are not born a Freemason. What an idiotic comment you made. Homosexuals were selected for torture and killing by Hitler just like the Jews were. Gypsies as well. And if you knew your Jewish history, at least the "part" of you that is Jewish, then you would know that. I will assume you are not nearly as stupid as you sound in your post.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

There is a lot of veiled bigotry in this thread. People who don't get it will never get it. Doesn't matter. Griner is gay. Spoon is gay. Many Techsters who played stellar careers at Tech have come out since leaving Tech. Many of them were out to their teammates and friends while at Tech, but could not live truthfully because of homophobia and bigotry. Those are facts.

Odds are there are at least a few gay men playing football, basketball, baseball, tennis or other sports at Tech. You don't have to like it, but it also doesn't matter. It's just the way it is. You don't have to get over it. You can keep complaining about it. But more and more will come out. That's your problem, not theirs.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    You are "part Jewish." Which part is that? Is that on your mother's side, because if it isn't, it doesn't count. And last time I checked, you are not born a Freemason. What an idiotic comment you made. Homosexuals were selected for torture and killing by Hitler just like the Jews were. Gypsies as well. And if you knew your Jewish history, at least the "part" of you that is Jewish, then you would know that. I will assume you are not nearly as stupid as you sound in your post.
    You an idiot

I said I was part Jewish. If my mother was Jewish then I would be full Jewish. Take your crap somewhere else. Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm a bigot. My sister and my brother are both out and proud. I'm just sick of people calling me names because I disagree with them.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Nice spin. My statement holds. Gays in Islamic countries don't "come out" for one. They are caught. And two I guess you're trying to get off subject by injecting the "born homosexual" comment. Comparing the Holocaust to being homosexual is ludicrous.
    Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Homosexuals were part of the Holocaust. They had to wear a pink triangle.
    JuBru is correct. The Germans went after the homosexuals at the same time they went after the Jews (banning gay organizations, burning books on homosexuality, calling them enemies of the states and parasites). About 55,000 homosexuals were executed in the concentration camps. The figure was smaller than the Jews that died in the Holocaust, but it's still a significant number.

The pink triangle that is now a symbol for Gay Pride came from homosexuals having to wear it during the Holocaust, just like the Jews having to wear the yellow Star of David.
    Last edited by TechAlum05; 04-19-2013 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    That's correct. The Germans went after the homosexuals at the same time they went after the Jews (banning gay organizations, burning books on homosexuality, calling them enemies of the states and parasites). About 55,000 homosexuals were executed in the concentration camps. The figure was smaller than the Jews that died in the Holocaust, but it's still a significant number.

The pink triangle they had to wear became out of the symbols for Gay Pride.
    You are right! I agree 100%. I just didn't like the whole holocaust brougt out, and the accusations that I or anybody is a bigot. I just don't think this is news. I got no problem with anybodies sexuality(except my wife). Sexual preference is just not an important factor when relating to sports. I sure as heck don't like the whole direction our friend from Palm Beach went with it. If a man says he is part Jewish, you don't slam him for not being whole Jewish. That's what bigots do. I see in black and white, where there is no race, gender or sexual preference issue. I'm for the best and most qualified. Period.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    You are right! I agree 100%. I just didn't like the whole holocaust brougt out, and the accusations that I or anybody is a bigot. I just don't think this is news. I got no problem with anybodies sexuality(except my wife). Sexual preference is just not an important factor when relating to sports. I sure as heck don't like the whole direction our friend from Palm Beach went with it. If a man says he is part Jewish, you don't slam him for not being whole Jewish. That's what bigots do. I see in black and white, where there is no race, gender or sexual preference issue. I'm for the best and most qualified. Period.
    The Griner story is noteworthy, but not breaking news. She's a woman's basketball star headed to the WNBA. It's not like she's the first lesbian in that sport to publicly acknowledge her sexual preferences. If a major star from the NFL like Ray Lewis came out of the closet, that would be breaking news. I think it's different when a female athlete comes out as opposed to a male athlete. Lesbians tend to be more accepted in sports, because they are seen as fierce, tough, symbols of strength (kinda like the way Xena Warrior Princess became an icon among lesbians). Gay men still have a stereotype among some people as weak, effeminate, and girly, so it's very hard to overcome that stereotype in a macho dominated area like professional sports.

I don't care what an individual's sexual preferences are. Someone should not make their sexual identity the be-all, end-all of their self worth or identity anyway, since they are so much more than that. I'm a little irritated from hearing about homosexuality so much in the news lately. It's not so much from the lifestyle itself, but because there are so many other things the country should focus on like the Federal budget and the renewed threat of terrorism after the Boston Marathon bombings. I'm opposed to gay marriage also, mainly due to the possible unintended consequences that could arise if gay marriage was legalized across the country. Even if I supported gay marriage, I wouldn't call you or anyone else a bigot or a homophobe because you opposed it.

I see where Champion is coming from when he brought up the Holocaust. It is in the context that homosexuals suffered during the Holocaust and the Stonewall Riots.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

The Holocaust is part of Gay history. It can't be ignored, unless you ignore it is part of Jewish history, as well. Read up on it.

The issue of putting it in your face was brought up, because Heterosexuals can do the same thing as Gay people and it is considered okay - holding hands, talking about your partner, who you are going out with that night, marriage, etc.... None of that is throwing it in your face. That is all part of being human.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    The Griner story is noteworthy, but not breaking news. She's a woman's basketball star headed to the WNBA. It's not like she's the first lesbian in that sport to publicly acknowledge her sexual preferences. If a major star from the NFL like Ray Lewis came out of the closet, that would be breaking news. I think it's different when a female athlete comes out as opposed to a male athlete. Lesbians tend to be more accepted in sports, because they are seen as fierce, tough, symbols of strength (kinda like the way Xena Warrior Princess became an icon among lesbians). Gay men still have a stereotype among some people as weak, effeminate, and girly, so it's very hard to overcome that stereotype in a macho dominated area like professional sports.

I don't care what an individual's sexual preferences are. Someone should not make their sexual identity the be-all, end-all of their self worth or identity anyway, since they are so much more than that. I'm a little irritated from hearing about homosexuality so much in the news lately. It's not so much from the lifestyle itself, but because there are so many other things the country should focus on like the Federal budget and the renewed threat of terrorism after the Boston Marathon bombings. I'm opposed to gay marriage also, mainly due to the possible unintended consequences that could arise if gay marriage was legalized across the country. Even if I supported gay marriage, I wouldn't call you or anyone else a bigot or a homophobe because you opposed it.

I see where Champion is coming from when he brought up the Holocaust. It is in the context that homosexuals suffered during the Holocaust and the Stonewall Riots.
    I am not sure about the unintended consequences of Gay marriage, except equality. However, that was a nice respectful post and I can appreciate other's opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    No one slammed you for being Jewish. You said you were "part Jewish and Freemason" and were using that argument to back up your position. I merely pointed out the absurdity of your argument. And yes, you can be called a bigot when stating your opinion, if that opinion is based in bigotry.

Thanks. L'chaim.

Champ110, I have always respected you and your opinion. I have no problem with homosexuals holding hands in public or having pictures of their significant others in their office etc., it's this militant vibe that is slowly creeping up in the Gay Marriage cause that I get annoyed with. I understand the tough road that homosexuals have come down and that most seek just to be accepted. Most people, including myself do accept a persons right to love anyone they please, excluding pediphelia. I just won't be called names because I differ in opinions from others. Yes i know you didnt do it. The issue I take with invoking the Holocaust is this. We all have faced horrible atrocities in our past, whether it be Jew, black, native American or Homosexual. Invoking such a horrible act over such minor disagreements marginalized what happens in the late 30s and early 40s and it's not germain to the situation. The GD Germans got nuthin to do wit it! Peace and I wish you well.

No one slammed you for being Jewish. You said you were "part Jewish and Freemason" and were using that argument to back up your position. I merely pointed out the absurdity of your argument. And yes, you can be called a bigot when stating your opinion, if that opinion is based in bigotry.

Thanks. L'chaim.
    You have no clue who I am. You simply labelled me because you saw something in my argument that you disagreed with. You did slam me and to be fair my grandfather is Jewish on my mothers side, but not my mothers mother. You were wrong and you know it. Stop trying to backtrack.

+ Reply to Thread