+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scheduling Question: BYU

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Scheduling Question: BYU

Have the "postponed" games with BYU gone away completely? I do not want to get back in that debate whether or not it was a bad decision. (FWIW, I thought it was a stupid move not to play those games. But it is what it is.)

The main reason for asking is that I have relocated from Houston to Utah and I am wondering if there are going to be any opportunities in the next few years, in addition to UNLV, to see the Dawgs play.

I am elated that Tech is in CUSA, but it would be my luck that I leave Houston right before they join.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Scheduling Question: BYU

I asked BVDV about the BYU series about a year ago. He told me that he was waiting for conference realignment to settle down before he rescheduled it. I don't know if anything has changed since then.

We need to get BYU back on the schedule. We have an opening for a home game in 2014. We also need a money game to replace the road game we were supposed to play in Lafayette in 2014.

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

I know BYU already has six home games for 2014 and have a slot for a road games. They are in desperate need for home games in 2015 and 2016 (especially).

Dawg06, am I reading your post right that the UsLL game in 2014 has been cancelled or postponed?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    I know BYU already has six home games for 2014 and have a slot for a road games. They are in desperate need for home games in 2015 and 2016 (especially).

Dawg06, am I reading your post right that the UsLL game in 2014 has been cancelled or postponed?
    I don't think it's been canceled or postponed yet because ULL just re-released that they scheduled us to get their fans off their AD's back, but I was told that we would not play in Lafayette in 2014. We have two road non-conference non-money games scheduled (at UNLV and at ULL) and one home FCS game scheduled (NWST). We need one road money game and one home FBS non-conference game, which means we have to get rid of the Lafayette game. I don't know if we plan on postponing the ULL series or canceling it altogether. My guess is that we will wait until we have the contract signed for the money game before we notify ULL. I was told that the buyout to the ULL series is $300,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I don't think it's been canceled or postponed yet because ULL just re-released that they scheduled us to get their fans off their AD's back, but I was told that we would not play in Lafayette in 2014. We have two road non-conference non-money games scheduled (at UNLV and at ULL) and one home FCS game scheduled (NWST). We need one road money game and one home FBS non-conference game, which means we have to get rid of the Lafayette game. I don't know if we plan on postponing the ULL series or canceling it altogether. My guess is that we will wait until we have the contract signed for the money game before we notify ULL. I was told that the buyout to the ULL series is $300,000.
    Here's hoping the BYU games take place and the UsLL games do not.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    The sad part about the "ULL series" is, everybody on this board knew that it was a mistake to schedule that series the moment we heard about it. Why the powers were too dumb to know this is beyond comprehension.

Would love to get the BYU series scheduled again though.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    The sad part about the "ULL series" is, everybody on this board knew that it was a mistake to schedule that series the moment we heard about it. Why the powers were too dumb to know this is beyond comprehension.

Add it to the ever expanding list of such items...

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

BYU is not happening and BVD has known it for YEARS.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    BYU is not happening and BVD has known it for YEARS.
    Care to elaborate?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    Can't...it's not happening. You'll see.

Can't...it's not happening. You'll see.
    Why can't you? Is it because the AD made a "brilliant" (sarcasm) move that botched it, or is it something silly like we don't want to play a bunch of Mormons?

I do not understand why we would not play this game because it would be a good draw at home and is a shoe-in for ESPN when we play there.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Why can't you? Is it because the AD made a "brilliant" (sarcasm) move that botched it, or is it something silly like we don't want to play a bunch of Mormons?
    Well...it's not the latter.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Well...it's not the latter.
    Uh-oh.

+ Reply to Thread