+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Meanwhile, at ULL.....

Big Dog ANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Meanwhile, at ULL.....

Our Fans should be embarrassed that they don't give more money

Puppy cajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

But just like the tarps...we have photos of it full.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ANODESSEY View Post
    Our Fans should be embarrassed that they don't give more money
    Keep in mind, this is a later phase of UL-Lafayette's plan. And no one in Lafayette has given any money for it. By contrast, Tech has raised more than $15 million for Q4E.

As I pointed out earlier in this thread, Tech could pay for a new press box, suites, and club seating the exact same way UL-Lafayette is going to pay for it - by floating revenue bonds or taking out a loan and then using the revenue generated to service the debt.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chew4219 View Post
    The money for the initial phase, groundbreaking likely in August, comes from student fee passed in 2003 that will cover the South Endzone expansion. Also the money required for the Track/Soccer improvements have been in hand for over two years ($3 million), they were just waiting to complete the Master Plan first in order to set priority of improvement schedules. The majority of the money for the 70,000 square foot expansion to the Moncla IPF was raised by HUD within the first three months of his hiring ($5 million plus), but for the same reason as the Track/Soccer facility it was delayed. The total for all projects in the Phase I is right at $21 million including contingency funds.

The rumor around insiders, not big money insiders, but those close to the program is that we have several guys coming on board with the type of support that the Davison family provides La Tech. They are expecting to have 3/4 of the money required for Phase II by the time we are completed with Phase I. But we have heard that before and the money fell through so we will see. We will not be in debt after Phase I, but Phase II will require us to sell bonds. The only way that does not happen is if Joey Durel can pass a hotel/restaurant tax of 1% like they did in Lake Charles for McNeese. But Durel has gone on record that he would support that idea.
    I call bullshit.

Puppy cajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunhawk Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I call bullshit.
    Search your feelings you know it to be true...

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Bulldog Ragin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Denial, not just a river in Egypt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I call bullshit.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Aww look at all the lil cajuns come to see what it feels like at a real fan site, cute, now go back to your double wides...

Puppy crawfish333 is just really nicecrawfish333 is just really nicecrawfish333 is just really nicecrawfish333 is just really nicecrawfish333 is just really nicecrawfish333 is just really nicecrawfish333 is just really nicecrawfish333 is just really nicecrawfish333 is just really nicecrawfish333 is just really nicecrawfish333 is just really nice

Phase one is to be funded by the student fee that was voted on several years ago for facilities for athletic and student activities. Specifically the indoor practice facility was built with this fee along with some improvements to intramural sports facilities. These debts have been retired and since then the money from the fee has been accumulating. The loan is to finance the project but the fee will service the remainder of the loan that if required. Hud has also raised quite a bit of the money and the RCAF will also be involved. Does anyone really think that the UL system would have approved this if it required unfunded debt?

The other issue seems to be questions about why the end zone seating is being done first. There are 2 main reasons;

1) To allow for overflow seating while the upper deck is being razed or partially razed in as a part if phase 2. There are 2 options on building the new press box and (more importantly) the luxury suites. On involves removing part of the upper deck, and the other requires tearing it down completely and rebuilding it completely. Given the age of the facility and water damage (that I have observed) I suspect the upper deck will be completely razed. This will also allow fro a better line of sight for upper deck seat.

2) The other reason for the end zone seating is to allow for the addition of more premium seating areas on the east side (student- visitors) of the stadium. This along with the luxury boxes will add revenue stream.

There are a total of 17-19 banks (some local and some regional bank branches) that have formed a sort of alliance to help get this thing (phase 2-3) funded. It is also my understanding that when the luxury boxes are built, there is already a commitment from several businesses for 10 year contracts. There are actually more businesses committed than the number of suites to be built.

The economy in Lafayette has been really good for many years. Even during the recession, real estate prices remained pretty steady and unemployment was relatively low. The community will support this.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crawfish333 View Post
    Does anyone really think that the UL system would have approved this if it required unfunded debt?
    YES, see ULM recent refinancing to save their lives, your loan repayment is based on a wing and a prayer, not to mention your admin has already shown how they view athletics by taking 1MM from them to help float academics. If Hud has another good year or even mediocre year and gets snatched up I see followed by some bad seasons I see ULL descending back into sub-par SBC competition and the same tailspin ULM is in.

Bulldog Ragin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeRagin4U Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Sounds like a lot of worry by the Flagship of north Louisiana! I cry every time I see that phrase. Its just so....sad. Kinda like being the King of the Porta Potty or Emperor of the Walmart.

I'm King of this here area. aka North LA

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Sounds like a lot of worry by the Flagship of north Louisiana! I cry every time I see that phrase. Its just so....sad. Kinda like being the King of the Porta Potty or Emperor of the Walmart.

I'm King of this here area. aka North LA
    You can't claim it. Nor can you claim the flagship of south Louisiana. Flagship of cajuns? Probably not!

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

What are you....12?

GROW UP.
    Last edited by Tech77; 05-13-2013 at 02:12 PM.

As usual ULL folks show up and the everything goes to hell, time for the Pit.

LOL @ "much longer" say's you cajunchicken, sorry we name our forums after alumns and former students we respect and have made a good name for themselves. I know that's pretty hard for ya'll to find many, I guess you could name everything after Richard Simmons and Jake Delhomme..

Last edited by Tech77; 05-13-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

To the pit.

+ Reply to Thread